• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Death of Kid Miracle is worth 2 Grand.

Such a classic issue. Boner's arriving as I think about it.

Why did I send my issue to Rich?

CGC 9.8 is worth around $350-$400. If you sent it to Rich, then I guess you are looking for a Totleben signature, which pushes the price well over $500 (if it stays at 9.8 s/s). If you went for a sketch, and you got a good one, these have sold for around $1,100, if they held their grade (9.8 s/s & sketch). However, the Totleben prices will come down a little as he has now completed two private signings and will be attending Cincinnati as well this year.

As for a #15 CGC 9.9, well it is unique and sits at the top of the census so Ewan's estimate of $2,000 seems about right and his #12 9.9 should make over $500. I might have to sell one of my kidneys.......

CGC 9.8 is worth around $350-$400. If you sent it to Rich, then I guess you are looking for a Totleben signature, which pushes the price well over $500 (if it stays at 9.8 s/s). If you went for a sketch, and you got a good one, these have sold for around $1,100, if they held their grade (9.8 s/s & sketch). However, the Totleben prices will come down a little as he has now completed two private signings and will be attending Cincinnati as well this year.

As for a #15 CGC 9.9, well it is unique and sits at the top of the census so Ewan's estimate of $2,000 seems about right and his #12 9.9 should make over $500. I might have to sell one of my kidneys.......

lol

I sent my MM 15 to Rich too but it was merely a 9.2. Why would I do such a thing? Because that book has been in my collection since 1998, bought at an LCS for $5, well before the MM interest picked up any steam. I can't wait for my sketch. 14 years in the making, don'cha know. :ohnoez:

Well, I wouldn't want you to go without one of your kidneys... but,...

I'm hoping for a bit more than $500 to be honest but let's see

I'll also be selling my no.15 9.8 Totleben sketch (and it's a very good one) which i bought off Rich last year, plus my no.20 9.8 Dave McKean sketch - also supplied by Rich back in 2009... in fact, the only 2 of mine i'm not selling are my no.1 double-cover and no.23 (my fav)

sorry, I know a bit salesy but I think I've earned the right on this thread :)

loads more very rare MM stuff you haven't seen to come soon too

I sent my MM 15 to Rich too but it was merely a 9.2. Why would I do such a thing? Because that book has been in my collection since 1998, bought at an LCS for $5, well before the MM interest picked up any steam. I can't wait for my sketch. 14 years in the making, don'cha know. :ohnoez:

Ryan - cool

i did buy the series as an "original owner" too as it was published

of that first set I only have 2 remaining, the no.1 (UK rear cover) that i bought in August 1985 as a 13 year old - and the no.22 in my reg set is a direct sub from my originally bought in comic shop and read copy - still got a 9.8 :)

I knew how to handle comics even in my debauched youth :sick:

Through the power of Google I found that MM 20 9.8 with the McKean sketch. It's pretty sweet. Owner of said book, please deposit it into the nearest mailbox, addressed to: ryanatlas, 696969 Awesome Drive, Bostonarea, MA 99999. Thank you.

Through the power of Google I found that MM 20 9.8 with the McKean sketch. It's pretty sweet. Owner of said book, please deposit it into the nearest mailbox, addressed to: ryanatlas, 696969 Awesome Drive, Bostonarea, MA 99999. Thank you.

?? I own the book - I bought it back in 2009 from Rich (rasmus?) for what then would have been about $500

I don't actually have a picture of it graded - but as you can see from my registry it's the real deal. Pic ungraded to folllow

Here's a bit of Rich's email to me... (he thought it was Bucky at first due to the placement - but all McKean)

Hit me back when you get this...while I am sure this won't matter to you, I

needed to clarify...the head sketch is by DAVE McKEAN, not Mark Buckingham.

I realized that I had a typo in there, and mistakenly indicated that

Buckingham might have done the head sketch. He did not...in fact, getting

Buckingham on the book was sheer dumb luck...I was at the DC booth getting

my FABLES signed by Bill Willingham, with Mark Buckingham just happened to

pop by and I just HAPPENED to have the MM 20 on me. I then went to the

booth in the back of the hall that was hosting Kent Williams and Dave

McKean. I had McKean sign my Hellblazers and then lastly, the MM 20, and

asked him for a sketch. He said he wasn't sure if he remembered what the

character looked like, then whips out that crazy brush pen of his and does

a PERFECT Mike Moran head sketch.

So the reason I bring that up is because there was some confusion on my

paperwork at CGC, then I realized that I had indicated somewhere along the

line (quite by accident) that Buckingham did the sketch.

It's a DAVE McKEAN orig. sketch, buddy.

I'm discussing its sale at present with a UK collector but feel free to make me an offer (it's not listed anywhere yet)

MM20.jpg

Thought you all my like to see a collation of recent MM no.15 9.8 Totleben sig series books... I own the first one :cloud9:

nice aren't they? anyone got any different ones?

MM15JTEwan.jpg

MM15JTKM.jpg

MM15AMJT.jpg

MM15JTMichael.jpg

miracleman_15_ss98_005.jpg

Miracleman15cgc9_8_Totleben.jpg

Oh, I knew the book was yours. I was just being silly with my prior post. I went and looked at your registry set just to see what the book looked like and to check out your sketched MM 15. Pretty sick stuff all around.

Thought you all my like to see a collation of recent MM no.15 9.8 Totleben sig series books... I own the first one :cloud9:

nice aren't they? anyone got any different ones?

MM15JTEwan.jpg

MM15JTKM.jpg

MM15AMJT.jpg

MM15JTMichael.jpg

miracleman_15_ss98_005.jpg

Miracleman15cgc9_8_Totleben.jpg

I think most of therm are here:

Miracleman15TotlebenHeads.jpg

They are all 9.8's except the last one, which is a 9.4