• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

I am very jealous of that #24. The sketch is great and it's the key book from the Gaiman/Buckingham run. Plus, being a 9.8 doesn't hurt. Either way, I'm so pumped these few became available. In my dream world there will be an opportunity to add Gaiman and McKean sigs at some point to mine. I'd say it would be awesome to add a BWS to the 24 but his sigs are awfully elusive.

Many thanks for the kind comments, I was really pleased to get this one. There are a few more MM Mark Buckingham sketches on eBay but I think the best two so far are here on this thread (#22 and #24).

I would really love to have a full set of MM including Moore's and Gaiman's signatures plus sigs. or sketches off each artist involved but that is probably never going to happen (heard Alan Davis does not even sign MM books and many of the cover and interior artists are pretty elusive and/or in the UK so are not so easily accessible for s/s books). Also Mr Moore's signature, which is pretty easy to get hold of on raw comics, is extremely rare and seriously expensive on CGC s/s.

Getting a full run of Sig Series would be fantastic but definitely challenging. There are a couple Garry Leach-signed MM 1s out there. Totleben has a few from his run and he's becoming more available so a collector could bust out a bunch from him, if so inclined. There's the Buckinghams that Comics to Astonish has. As for Moore, that might be an impossibility. Your best bet would be buying the MM 1 Gold CGC 9.8 available right now in a boardie's sales thread for the low, low price of $3500 :o

hm have to think about that, a #1 9.8 Alan Moore, very tempting.... marriage or comic...difficult decision...

Alternatively I could get a #1 Gold NM- copy for around $850 and flatten it into a 9.8 using a friend's trouser press.

Edited by Neeidea

hm have to think about that, a #1 9.8 Alan Moore, very tempting.... marriage or comic...difficult decision...

Alternatively I could get a #1 Gold NM- copy for around $850 and flatten it into a 9.8 using a friend's trouser press.

Tell the Misses it's for "future" investment ;) Edited by Marvelfangirl

Tell the Misses it's for "future" investment ;)

I suspect telling the kids their holiday in Florida is cancelled due to an "investment opportunity" would lead to some expensive litigation, a serious head injury and a sudden inability to have further children due to an inexplicable and violent upward movement of my wife's knee... (:

I just estimated that there are close to 30 creative talents (pencillers, inkers, colorists and writers) involved with the Eclipse Miracleman, that's more than the number of issues!

Looks like a Miracleman #15 has been pressed (or simply re-graded) from a 9.8 into a 9.9 (one less 9.8 in the census and a 9.9 is there now sitting at the top of the pile!!). The lucky submitter is as good as guaranteed to get top of the registry set if they have the rest of them. Maybe it will come up for sale but not many will be able to afford it, including me I suspect. I am now officially jealous!

Looks like a Miracleman #15 has been pressed (or simply re-graded) from a 9.8 into a 9.9 (one less 9.8 in the census and a 9.9 is there now sitting at the top of the pile!!). The lucky submitter is as good as guaranteed to get top of the registry set if they have the rest of them. Maybe it will come up for sale but not many will be able to afford it, including me I suspect. I am now officially jealous!

It's my book :gossip:

and it isn't pressed :devil:

:golfclap:

Nice one Ewan. Do you have any scans?

Many congratulations Ewan and apologies for my suggestion it was pressed (just saw one less 9.8 and a 9.9 appear; 1+1=3 :) ). I think that makes you joint top in the set so you just need one more s/s to take the lead back to Albion! Mark Buckingham has been signing quite a few recently and Totleben is also signing again in September so it should be an interesting battle for the set this year but that 9.9 will be unbeatable in the long run.

Well done but if you want to sell it for a reasonable sum.... :takeit: or maybe swap it for something interesting?

Edited by Neeidea

I am absurdly jealous, but congratulations are also in order - did you think it was going to come back a 9.9 when you subbed the book?

:applause: