• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 copies of Action 1 on Facebook group...Are they real?
5 5

179 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

and you know-- it drives me crazy having to use those pics that have the wrong orientation.. so here it is cleaned up a little928627393_111111aaaapossfakeaction1.thumb.jpg.c55cfbd93587a916d5420c67a4a0cc19.jpg...

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the dislodged tire near the ground a slightly different shape on the copy on the right? 

2 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the dislodged tire near the ground a slightly different shape on the copy on the right? 

Your correct. At first I thought that it was just further away, ahem at first.

I believe you're right. Even if you want to use the curled page as an explanation, it still ain't right. Nice catch! 

35 minutes ago, kav said:

I'm not seeing the sweat drops wtf 

I turned them for you Edit WOW someone thought to do this before me Nice job Boobs

a1.jpg

Edited by woowoo

I don't know when the very first reprint of Action #1 was, but it looks like this guy was selling copies back in the '70's (or maybe it's only a partial issue.  16 pages in full color ? )  

Ad is from TBG.  

952605756_action1reprintforsale.thumb.jpg.e03459cfb3650af0b76bd21658ed49f0.jpg

358329991_action1reprintforsalefullcrop.thumb.jpg.da2ccf3b2e9424b19e3bca87a2bb23b0.jpg

26 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

wow I can think of NO explanation for this.

edit-doing a complex calculus equation, the curl in the page has shifted the obloid shape.

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, woowoo said:

Sorry Dude thought it was boobs TheWatcher (thumbsu

no problem though you missed that I also trimmed the edges around the framing to make the image appear larger as well. The arrows point to the sweat drops that kav says he couldn't see

As for the tire-- it is an odd looking difference and I can't quite explain that if you tell me curling the page doesn't make that happen. That seems like the only plausible explanation unless this guy created two separate forgeries and didn't get the tire right.

I don't think these are the reprints created by Thorson either as they were created with all the signs like FREE and REPRINT clearly marked. PLus these books appear to be thick enough to have the full set of stories beyond the initial supes. I know people are ready to claim this as fake but I am having trouble finding the obvious errors that people keep pointing out. That tire thing is weird but so is this whole situation. 

Not that it matters-- if they are real, someone with money will end up with them certainly. If they are fake-- no one will want them. An interesting thread at the very least.

Someone pls address the sweat drops on face so I dont think I'm going crazy-isnt there some reprint with sweat drops on face?

00_Action1_Cover.png.9a81b2e83c50a03e62364bc17f64d15f.png

the authentic 9.0 shown again for comparison

one thing for sure is both of these have less right edge to them as you can only see half of the boulder to the right of the car, though this could just be a printer cutting difference

also-- those lines made above the car are sort of blurry on the two copies-- which would perhaps indicate they are copies as fine lines tend to do that when using a copier. I think the US government mints use these type of lines to thwart counterfeiters.

Edited by 01TheDude

3 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

does it matter if the real copy has no such drops?

yes it matters cause I think I'm going crazy.

1 hour ago, TheWatcher said:

1767894019_Granitoaction1.jpg.5a878311d3c738ad59941aa74aa5a801.jpg

1 minute ago, Senormac said:

1767894019_Granitoaction1.jpg.5a878311d3c738ad59941aa74aa5a801.jpg

as an artist that pic has always cracked me up-all this paint on his face to show what a hard worker he is but not a speck of paint on his hands.  

31 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

that red arrow is my work-- this is fake

The human memory is so fallible-I have a distinct picture in my mind of the 3 sweat drops on the guy's face-one on his rt forehead, 2 on his left cheek.   Maybe my mind was mixing it up with the paint smears on Granito's face.

Edited by kav