• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 copies of Action 1 on Facebook group...Are they real?
5 5

179 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
3 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

It's a closed Facebook Group.  'Low Grade Comic Collectors And Buy/Sell/Trade'

Why would anyone have a B/S/T group that's closed to the public...? A bit counterproductive.

You would think so, but there are so many shenanigans going on with Facebook that I think some people limit the audience to just people they know personally.

There are an unbelievable amount of alternative B/S/T Groups on Facebook - most of which are filled with naive new collectors flipping variants.

If you want a laugh, go to the CBCS Comic Collectors Club (Facebook group) and read what they're saying about this book...it's hilarious.  Link  (Shoot...I forgot...that's a closed group too.)

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit

3 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

If you want a laugh, go to the CBCS Comic Collectors Club (Facebook group) and read what they're saying about this book...it's hilarious. 

Not surprising. That group is moderated by low intelligence, condescending nanny fascists. Just reading the "TOS" is enough to make a rational man vomit.

"Now, now...not too much fanboying!" and even worse: "Offending people will get you in trouble too."

:facepalm:

Yes, you will be "moderated" if you say something that offends someone else...doesn't matter why. Groups with rules like that should, themselves, be disbanded. You don't want to be offended? Lock yourself in your house and never come out.

It's shameful and embarrassing, and sadly, far too common, and a harbinger of far worse things. It's absolutely reprehensible.

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
10 minutes ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

If you want a laugh, go to the CBCS Comic Collectors Club (Facebook group) and read what they're saying about this book...it's hilarious. 

Not surprising. That group is moderated by low intelligence, condescending nanny fascists. Just reading the "TOS" is enough to make a rational man vomit.

"Now, now...not too much fanboying!" and even worse: "Offending people will get you in trouble too."

:facepalm:

Yes, you will be "moderated" if you say something that offends someone else...doesn't matter why. Groups with rules like that should, themselves, be disbanded. You don't want to be offended? Lock yourself in your house and never come out.

It's shameful and embarrassing, and sadly, far too common, and a harbinger of far worse things. It's absolutely reprehensible.

Caira told them in one of the first posts that the Action #1s aren't real...but they don't know who he is.  lol

So.......this trunk hasn't been opened since 1955 (or earlier).

And someone just happened to store.....not one.....but two copies of Action #1 in it......but no other comics.

Seems legit.

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Exactly, just two Action #1's and nothing else? Possible, I guess, but come on...

Someone should tell him to send them up to the Pacific Northwest for slabbing...:roflmao:

Laugh, but if they end up at PGX, I wouldn't be surprised.

4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The sooner "CBCS" and anything connected to it is swept clean of the fools in any position of authority there, or is, itself, put out of business, the better. 

What a colossal joke they turned out to be.

?????   Me no understand what you mean Falco ......

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

if they're real they'll end up at auction. golly it's been so long that an Action1 has gone to auction.:eyeroll:

if they're fake we'll all have forgotten about it by tomorrow morning.

Yeah but tomorrow is Friday! :D

6 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

And someone just happened to store.....not one.....but two copies of Action #1 in it......but no other comics.

Seems legit.

On that alone I wouldn't judge the story.

There have been plenty of finds that have defied logic.

Action #1 found in the walls of a house but no other comics found.

Superman #1 sewn into an armchair but no other comics.

It happens.

I've seen elaborate scams before (and more elaborate than this).

I do think this is a scam with enough truth to trick the average Joe to part with his money.

12 hours ago, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

It's a closed Facebook Group.  'Low Grade Comic Collectors And Buy/Sell/Trade'

I was part of that group very briefly.Not my cup of tea.

Since i'm here,I just saw this yesterday.

superman.jpg

Edited by porcupine48
it is not yesterdat.

21 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Some of the comments in those Facebook groups are hilarious. lol

Apparently some guy just claimed his grandfather left him the 9.0 white Pages action 1. Silly people 

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

On that alone I wouldn't judge the story.

There have been plenty of finds that have defied logic.

Action #1 found in the walls of a house but no other comics found.

Superman #1 sewn into an armchair but no other comics.

It happens.

I've seen elaborate scams before (and more elaborate than this).

I do think this is a scam with enough truth to trick the average Joe to part with his money.

So you're saying you wouldn't judge it based on what's been presented.....and then you judge it.

Seems legit. lol

Edited by Domo Arigato