• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MF 73 : Is the Bloom Off the Rose ?

76 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

If I remember correctly it was a 5.0 Blue that hammered at around 25k.  Just seemed really low to me--granted I don't follow that book closely ......

Thanks!  (thumbsu

That's about where the book was at in 2016 and $5k under the all time high reached in April, 2017 (though, granted, there have only been 4 public sales of the book in that grade in 5 years, counting this sale).

-J.

32 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:
2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

What was the grade and hammer on the SC 4?

-J.

If I remember correctly it was a 5.0 Blue that hammered at around 25k.  Just seemed really low to me--granted I don't follow that book closely ......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRjtAx7xOeieBDuA8jSB7

21 hours ago, Bat34 said:

This.  I'm no fan of Bats 1 (can't get past the cover) despite being a huge Bats collector.  Although I sure wish I could have bought almost every copy of every book that the copy I saw 38 years ago! 

On 8/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Depends on how the Aquaman movie does.

The bloom is off the rose for the Green Arrow part as the show is on its last legs.

If Aquaman movie is a hit we could see another bump, but if it bombs?

I'll be stunned if this happens.  Opinions of the trailer differ, obviously, but to my mind it has stinkeroo written all over it. 

On 9/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, Sqeggs said:

I'll be stunned if this happens.  Opinions of the trailer differ, obviously, but to my mind it has stinkeroo written all over it. 

I am leaning toward what you are saying. It might actually be a good movie but the DC brand is damaged at the box office. I expect Aquaman to be a bomb at the box office.

Again could be great movie, but after BvS and Justice League we will find modern audiences will stay far away from DC movies for awhile.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

22 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:
22 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I am leaning toward what you are saying. It might actually be a good movie but the DC brand is damaged at the box office. I expect Aqauman to be a bomb at the box office.

Again could be great movie, but after BvS and Justice League we will find modern audiences will stay far away from DC movies for awhile.

Yes, isn't it simply amazing how things have changed from just 20 or 30 years ago.

At that time, DC was simply going great guns with their Batman and to a lesser extent their Superman franchises while Marvel was the absolute laughing stock of the movie industry with their pathetic 3rd rate movies that couldn't even make it to the small screen, let along to the big screen and instead went straight to VHS rental.

Hate to say this, but I personally don't really care for most of today's super-hero movies, whether they be DC or Marvel.  I've tried watching Avengers 3 times, but have yet to make it to the end as I am constantly dozing off throughout. zzz zzz zzz  I watched bit and pieces of a Spider-Man movie and thought for sure that I must have been watching one of those piece of kiddish movies made by them in the 80's, until I saw the title one time and it said that it was the new Spider-Man Homecoming movie.  :sick: :sick:

Out of the ones that I have seen which are not really that many as most of them are on airplane trips, I liked Wonder Woman as it had a pretty decent story line and origin to the whole movie.  I absolutely loved Thor 1 and definitely have no problems watching that one again as I also thought that had a pretty solid origin and a definite story line.  I guess I must be different from most other Marvel movie fans since the First Thor seems to be at the bottom of most fan's surveys while the non-stop senseless fighting city destroying movies where tens of thousands of people dying from the super hero's collateral damage seems to be at the top of the fan's survey polls.  (shrug)

I guess it's definitely a case of to each their own.  (thumbsu

23 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
On 8/11/2018 at 10:40 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Depends on how the Aquaman movie does.

The bloom is off the rose for the Green Arrow part as the show is on its last legs.

If Aquaman movie is a hit we could see another bump, but if it bombs?

Not necessarily since I thought Jason Momoa definitely has the right mano mano look for the Aquaman part from his poster shots. 

So, if's its a still action movie, it should be a real winner.  But if it's a live action movie, maybe not so much from his seemingly stilted action scenes in the JLA movie which I actually thought was not quite as bad as most fans are saying.  Of course, again like that horrid and much absolutely terrible Spidey movie, I only watched it in bits and pieces while I was on a cruise ship.  But enough to rearrange in my head what I saw in order to put the whole movie and story together.  Of course I also saw the JLA movie way after it first came out and I had low expectations to start with based upon what I had already heard about the movie.  So, much easier to be pleasantly surprised based upon what I was expecting.  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

How can you not love the cover of Batman 1.  Batman and Robin swinging through the sky together, giving each other that small smile that conceals their little secret only they know. lol

And what pray tell is that little secret since Batman's raised leg is most likely covering up a tell tale clue about Batman's reaction to young Robin's naked legs which is covered up only by a set of small tight green underwear?  ???  lol

14 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

And what pray tell is that little secret since Batman's raised leg is most likely covering up a tell tale clue about Batman's reaction to young Robin's naked legs which is covered up only by a set of small tight green underwear?  ???  lol

:signfunny:

This thread proves my point about Hollywood hype.

If there was never no Arrow show or upcoming Aquaman movie we would find 

More Fun 73 to be less popular than More Fun 52(Spectre) and More Fun 55(Doctor Fate).

Both MF 52 and MF 55 will get juice again once both Spectre and Doctor Fate both get movies or tv shows.

Let's not kid ourselves it really is Hollywood hype that gives these comics a boost.

43 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I will never look at that cover again the same way. #thanksnothanks

11 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

This thread proves my point about Hollywood hype.

If there was never no Arrow show or upcoming Aquaman movie we would find 

More Fun 73 to be less popular than More Fun 52(Spectre) and More Fun 55(Doctor Fate).

Both MF 52 and MF 55 will get juice again once both Spectre and Doctor Fate both get movies or tv shows.

Let's not kid ourselves it really is Hollywood hype that gives these comics a boost.

Boost yes. You had to have it to begin with however. ( iron man , Cap, Wonder Woman ). Supes & Bats had boosts in the 6os and 7os 

On 9/1/2018 at 1:52 PM, Chicago Boy said:

M o S = good

B v S = good

WW = great

JL = terrible 

AM = ? ( I predict bad and a box office bomb ) 

M o S = Kryptonite

B v S =  WW was great, ...unfortunately, she wasn't on screen much.

WW = Very Good movie, bordering on great.  Given Warner's uneven history with D.C. characters, the jury's out on any sequels.

JL = RBG is the better Justice league movie.

AM = Stick a trident in him, he's done.

My crystal ball says the stars are still aligned with the MMMS because there is truly "more fun" there; the bloom isn't off that rose yet.