• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 CGC 9.0 Sells for $6,550
1 1

93 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Darkowl said:

I remember when a 9.0 would only cost a grand a few years ago.

Yep Hulk #181 is following the same path as AF#15

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The amazing part is when you consider the supply side of the equation.  It almost makes you wonder if you can ever argue ‘but there’s x number of copies out there!, aside from Lee X-Men 1, X-Force 1, and McSpidey 1.

5 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It's fake! He'll relist it a few days from now. He's already sold a couple of others only to relist them shortly after. They're just trying to push up the value with fake auctions or BIN sales

4 minutes ago, Tony S said:

There might be some fake sales out there. On Facebook raffle groups have become fairly popular.  Books are typically raffled off at a 20% premium of the GPA price. So people raffling off books have some interest in - if they can - manipulating the GPA price. 

However, Hulk 181 is a book that every month  hundreds of CGC graded copies are sold and recorded. And CGC has graded now 10,000+ copies.  So it's hard to move the needle a lot with  manipulated sales. Also - if you look at Hulk 181 in CGC graded 8.0 or better you see nothing but green arrows going up by substantial amounts.  August has seen record prices for all high grade copies. The 90 day GPA average for 9.2 (10 sales) is $6601. The last sale on 8/6 was $8000. The 90 day average for 9.4 is $8328 - and the last sale Sept 1 was $9599. Which isn't even a record. Four days earlier a  9.4 sold for $9900

This book is just on a tear right now. A few manipulated sales aren't making a difference.

Exactly. The 9.0 grade is easily locked in the 5k and up range if you look at the completed listings on ebay

Edited by Darkowl

26 minutes ago, kav said:

Man if 181 sells for that much just imagine what the first appearance is worth!!!

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Just now, Drbearsec said:

And TMNT 1... That's another that has been growing at an alarming pace (Alarming cause I don't own one :-( )

Agreed I could see TMNT #1, NM #98 and Star Wars #1 also following down the same path like Hulk #181 and AF#15.

Not because they are super rare, but the demand for those 5 books TMNT #1, NM #98,Star Wars #1,Hulk #181 and AF#15 continues to grow.

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Agreed I could see TMNT #1, NM #98 and Star Wars #1 also following down the same path like Hulk #181 and AF#15.

Not because they are super rare, but the demand for those 5 books TMNT #1, NM #98,Star Wars #1,Hulk #181 and AF#15 continues to grow.

ASM 129 is another.  I've seen a lot of movement on that.  Not Hulk 181 level but still.

3 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:
5 hours ago, Darkowl said:

It's fake! He'll relist it a few days from now. He's already sold a couple of others only to relist them shortly after. They're just trying to push up the value with fake auctions or BIN sales

(thumbsu yup

Edited by Gotham Kid

Fake listing or not, it's clear that this book continues to climb unlike most other keys, and there really hasn't been a cap placed on its value. I think that's the important part. I'm quite sure it won't be long before 9.0's regulary sell for 6K.