• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2006

735 posts in this topic

Confirmed this morning:

PHIL JIMENEZ!

Infinite Crisis artist,

Otherworld writer/artist

DC Special: The Return of Donna Troy writer

Nice, looking forward to getting Infinite Crisis 1 SS CGC smile.gif

I'm still waiting to hear back from my contact re: Marie Severin, but

Just Added! Renowned author Greg Rucka!

10/23/2005

Greg Rucka was born in San Francisco and raised on the Central Coast of California, in what is commonly referred to as 'Steinbeck Country.' He began his writing career in earnest at the age of 10 by winning a county-wide short-story contest, and hasn't let up since. He graduated from Vassar College with an A.B. in English, and from the University of Southern California's Master of Professional Writing program with an M.F.A.

He is the author of nearly a dozen novels, five featuring bodyguard Atticus Kodiak, and two featuring Tara Chace, the protagonist of his Queen & Country series. Additionally, he has penned several short-stories, countless comics, and the occasional non-fiction essay. In comics, he has had the opportunity to write stories featuring some of the world's best-known characters—Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman—as well as penning several creator-owned properties himself, such as Whiteout and Queen & Country, both published by Oni Press. His work has been optioned several times over, and his services are in high-demand in a variety of creative fields as a story-doctor and creative consultant.

Greg resides in Portland, Oregon, with his wife, author Jennifer Van Meter, and his two children. He thinks the biggest problem with the world is that people aren't paying enough attention.

COMICS

DARK HORSE

Grendel

Hellboy

DC

Adventures of Superman

Batman

Countdown to Infinite Crisis

Detective Comics

Flinch

Gotham Central

O.M.A.C. Project

Weird War Tales

Weird Western Tales

Wonder Woman

MARVEL

Black Widow

Daredevil & Elektra

Elektra

Marvel Knights Double Shot

Spider-Man

Wolverine

X-Men Unlimited #38

TOP COW

Felon

ONI PRESS

Queen & Country

Whiteout

BOOKS

ATTICUS KODIAK

Patriot Acts

Critical Space

Shooting at Midnight

Smoker

Finder

Keeper

QUEEN & COUNTRY

Private Wars

A Gentleman's Game

STAND-ALONES

A Fistful of Rain

COMIC-RELATED

Batman: No Man's Land

GAME-RELATED

Perfect Dark: Inital Vector

SHORT STORIES

A Good Run

Delivered

Gunpowder

www.gregrucka.com

Yep - made the change to the website late on Friday night when I received the okay to add him to the list.

I updated the news section of the website this morning and made the announcement here and on a couple of other message boards this afternoon so the news would be fresh for the new week.

Kev

Thanks guys.

Obviously I would like to apologize for my behaviour over the last week or so on this particular message board (Comic Events).

My frustration and anger with my inability to prevent a lousy situation that occurred this last spring from happening again in 2006 was merely the tip of a bad news week - other more personal matters occurred this week and they sent me into a particularly foul and combative mood.

While I continue to feel a lot of justified and righteous anger towards that other situation, I don't expect anyone else to share in my point of view, it's a cross we and our partners will have to bear.

Rest assured I take no joy in these public arguments and would prefer to talk comics and the positive aspects of our upcoming event as well as answer your questions. With the new hall, the continued support of our retailer and dealer partners and the amazing array of talent that has rallied behind this event I think it's going to the best Paradise Comicon ever.

Regards,

Kevin A. Boyd

With the new hall, the continued support of our retailer and dealer partners and the amazing array of talent that has rallied behind this event I think it's going to the best Paradise Comicon ever.

The fans as well, Kevin. The fans will also help make this the best Paradise Comicon ever, because of the love for the comics and the talent.

...and the SPANISH INQUISITION! NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again....

spain.gif

Just trying to lighten things up, no offense meant.

Kev