• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warner Bros. Not Developing ‘Superman’ Movies With Henry Cavill As Priority Shifts To ‘Supergirl’
1 1

87 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Ill say this for Man of Steel, it has one of the best soundtracks of the last decade. Its the one area (GoTG excluded) DC is much better than Marvel movie wise.

I’d agree with that. Marvels original soundtracks have been pretty forgettable. Even The Avengers “theme” is a bit meh.

The best is Thor The Dark World and Winter Soldier.

55 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Ill say this for Man of Steel, it has one of the best soundtracks of the last decade. Its the one area (GoTG excluded) DC is much better than Marvel movie wise.

I agree. The BvS soundtrack is also superb. Marvels are bland and forgettable I find. Music can play a big part in the appreciation of a film. It's one of the reasons I disliked both the Garfield Spidey films. The soundtracks to those were shocking (especially the second one, heh heh).

59 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

This is a big reason why Snyder should've never been canned and Whedon should've never taken over (for Justice League). Synder and Junkie XL had themes for each Justice League character. In the end, Whedon fired Junkie XL and scrapped all of his music for the film. What we're left with is no Man of Steel theme, no Batman theme, no Wonder Woman theme, and no new themes for any of the characters or the team as a whole (that I can recognize).

I have a lot of respect for Elfman, but his score did nothing to make JL a better movie.

Snyder Cut... :pullhair:

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I agree. The BvS soundtrack is also superb. Marvels are bland and forgettable I find. Music can play a big part in the appreciation of a film. It's one of the reasons I disliked both the Garfield Spidey films. The soundtracks to those were shocking (especially the second one, heh heh).

A big reason why The Last Jedi sucks, too. The Force Awakens trailers, in hindsight, have better music than that entire movie. The music was completely off, and the iconic theme that gives everyone goosebumps was never used. I guess you only put it in films with at least 1 lightsaber duel...

8 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

A big reason why The Last Jedi sucks, too. The Force Awakens trailers, in hindsight, have better music than that entire movie. The music was completely off, and the iconic theme that gives everyone goosebumps was never used. I guess you only put it in films with at least 1 lightsaber duel...

Why would you want to use that which was loved? You'll be telling me they only used Darth Vader for 30 seconds in Rogue One next.

What?

They never..

No!

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Why would you want to use that which was loved? You'll be telling me they only used Darth Vader for 30 seconds in Rogue One next.

What?

They never..

No!

Yeah, instead of using Vader's iconic theme, they butchered it with some rehash plus a modern twist. It fell flat for me, despite the scene being epic...