• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2021 at 9:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That gameboy nes :x

I have yet to figure out all the subgenres!

Nice lot ^^

Thanks, me too! Apparently that book - Nintendo Comics System featuring Game Boy #2 - actually reprints an earlier book just called Game Boy #2. That book has the Game Boy title in white instead of red and no Nintendo Comics System header. The Nintendo books are all kind of confusing - I just bought this one because it was really cheap and looks cool… 😂

On 10/31/2021 at 11:47 AM, Dr. Dank said:

See Akira on here all the time, but rarely at a shop, and when I do, they are usually in crappy condition and priced way too high

The best ones I have found at shops are usually in older shops and they are either in the back rooms or basement ( if they have one) Some of these shops  either do not get the traffic or the back room/old stock isn't just sitting out to be rummaged through so they are in better shape and half the time those are also books they haven't repriced in years. I found a #36 in a shop in Ohio that looks really nice , high grade and they didn't know what to charge.  He looked them up and said wow... Then told me $30 sound ok? It is usually the forgotten stock that nets the best fruits. 

Also as you mentioned they can be harder to find in high grade , which is why some of these can go for really good money. 

On 10/31/2021 at 10:58 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The best ones I have found at shops are usually in older shops and they are either in the back rooms or basement ( if they have one) Some of these shops  either do not get the traffic or the back room/old stock isn't just sitting out to be rummaged through so they are in better shape and half the time those are also books they haven't repriced in years. I found a #36 in a shop in Ohio that looks really nice , high grade and they didn't know what to charge.  He looked them up and said wow... Then told me $30 sound ok? It is usually the forgotten stock that nets the best fruits. 

Also as you mentioned they can be harder to find in high grade , which is why some of these can go for really good money. 

I want the run, haven't started yet. They are still too pricey for my wheelhouse, but I'm going to have to get on it and budget soon or they'll go past my ability to get them 

Went to an LCS yesterday for the first time in a long time. Acquired:

• Overstreet Grading Guide
  • A Death in the Family TPB
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths TPB
  • Basketful of Heads HC
  • The Dollhouse Family HC
  • The Low, Low Woods HC
  • Daphne Byrne HC
  • Plunge HC

I was looking for a V for Vendetta TPB, but they didn't have one. However, my comic bookshelf is now completely full!