• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,379 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2024 at 12:16 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

IMG_1843.thumb.JPG.139c8d28ea0147cc399aa19e18b6d52f.JPG

Great cover. Great memories of watching this favorite show as a kid. Probably the worst writing and story ever. 

But it's the 1st comic book appearance of...

949948-mslion.jpg.23080ea05caf9f64ec63ef264d695dfa.jpg

So ^^.

On 6/29/2024 at 1:28 PM, grendelbo said:

Great cover. Great memories of watching this favorite show as a kid. Probably the worst writing and story ever. 

But it's the 1st comic book appearance of...

949948-mslion.jpg.23080ea05caf9f64ec63ef264d695dfa.jpg

So ^^.

I loved this show! I had to grab this when I saw it, I figured $10 wasn't terrible, and it's pure nostalgia for me.

On 6/29/2024 at 1:38 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I loved this show! I had to grab this when I saw it, I figured $10 wasn't terrible, and it's pure nostalgia for me.

Oh wow, I didn't realize? The 4 books were basically $10 a piece? Nice find on the poster book! Being in a metroplex, I haven't found Dave Stevens in the $1-10 bins since like 2017, which I've definitely not seen them in the wild but maybe didn't look at prices at the LCS when they were there... etc.

Awesome that you got out and successfully navigated, it is so hot here with AC running constantly, I'm counting my blessings as well lol 

On 6/29/2024 at 1:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh wow, I didn't realize? The 4 books were basically $10 a piece? Nice find on the poster book! Being in a metroplex, I haven't found Dave Stevens in the $1-10 bins since like 2017, which I've definitely not seen them in the wild but maybe didn't look at prices at the LCS when they were there... etc.

Awesome that you got out and successfully navigated, it is so hot here with AC running constantly, I'm counting my blessings as well lol 

Yep, $10 each - the Black Casebook was an absolute steal at that price, and I couldn't pass on the Dave Stevens back cover, even though it has some tanning/shadow. I kind of think the tanning actually looks cool with the image... I know, even here in Wisconsin it's like 85 out!

On 6/29/2024 at 2:05 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Yep, $10 each - the Black Casebook was an absolute steal at that price, and I couldn't pass on the Dave Stevens back cover, even though it has some tanning/shadow. I kind of think the tanning actually looks cool with the image... I know, even here in Wisconsin it's like 85 out!

Spoiler

And today is like 94 but with 52% humidity and feel like if 105, been worse in raw temp and heat index but the humidity is something.

Yesterday 

Screenshot_20240628-131007.png

And today 

Screenshot_20240629-142101.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/29/2024 at 8:31 PM, Shazbot said:

Took my 7 year old on her first dig at a proper LCS today. She got a Spider Verse off the rack before we hit the $1 boxes where she latched on to the Superman section, then a quick browse through the cheap priced books for an “expensive” WoSM. 
She had an absolute blast and I’m in my happy place.

IMG_1285.jpeg

That's awesome.

My 12 year old boy and I went to a shop yesterday. Within 5 minutes he's bugging to leave. As we left I joked, That seals it. Your sister gets all my books. :flamethrower: