• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,406 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2024 at 7:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You're on fire for stuff on my list lol

I could give you a forward mailing address?  :insane:

:jokealert:

I will give you first refusal if I ever sell. :cheers:

I am having such a good time recently picking out solid eBay listings and scoping out the weekly auctions on MyComicShop. Ever since I completed the Grendels in 9.8 I no longer feel the pressure to get 9.8s. I just want to get decent books for decent prices. I feel like I just found my sweet spot again. Really cool books but for reasonable prices.

On 8/24/2024 at 6:55 PM, grendel013 said:
On 8/24/2024 at 6:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You're on fire for stuff on my list lol

I could give you a forward mailing address?  :insane:

:jokealert:

I will give you first refusal if I ever sell. :cheers:

I am having such a good time recently picking out solid eBay listings and scoping out the weekly auctions on MyComicShop. Ever since I completed the Grendels in 9.8 I no longer feel the pressure to get 9.8s. I just want to get decent books for decent prices. I feel like I just found my sweet spot again. Really cool books but for reasonable prices.

agreed! I have a registry full of non 9.8, that I almost don't know why I ever would expect to "win" but the fun is, "Filling out the forms and playing with the pencils" I guess. Kind of like since they're now slabs to then still possess the collection and enjoy them is writing in the registry, and if I just have too then buy an under copy and or reprint for pics and reading.

I appreciate the offer, hopefully I don't need to wait that long! A LCS has Albedo #4 and has for at least a year, I've mentioned before that he is never interested in trade, but surely someday I'll remember AND the money/timing will be right. :sorry:

I haven't been bin diving due to having enough at cgc now with the inner well scenario weighing, and it has given me a chance to save number 1. 2) I still shop thrifty for deals, 3) availability with thrifty in mind 4) impulse purchase and then 5) finally buying things in the past I've wanted but money/timing wasn't right lol 

sounds like a lot, but my gut usually (all in the Lord mind you) usually digests those 5 worded guidelines in about 10 seconds. 

Spoiler

:rant: In short it has been nice to save, just makes time to plan, which means patience and a perfect work and that is :pullhair: sometimes. :roflmao: 

That sweet spot of yours is precious and like a thrill of the hunt type, taking one day at a time sometimes, or for me, is that when the situation slows or you slow to catch your breath it leaves you with accomplishment and pondering, so much pondering lol kudos! @grendel013image.png.e8ece138d21db0eaaf708e3948e5673d.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/24/2024 at 8:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

agreed! I have a registry full of non 9.8, that I almost don't know why I ever would expect to "win" but the fun is, "Filling out the forms and playing with the pencils" I guess. Kind of like since they're now slabs to then still possess the collection and enjoy them is writing in the registry, and if I just have too then buy an under copy and or reprint for pics and reading.

I appreciate the offer, hopefully I don't need to wait that long! A LCS has Albedo #4 and has for at least a year, I've mentioned before that he is never interested in trade, but surely someday I'll remember AND the money/timing will be right. :sorry:

I haven't been bin diving due to having enough at cgc now with the inner well scenario weighing, and it has given me a chance to save number 1. 2) I still shop thrifty for deals, 3) availability with thrifty in mind 4) impulse purchase and then 5) finally buying things in the past I've wanted but money/timing wasn't right lol 

sounds like a lot, but my gut usually (all in the Lord mind you) usually digests those 5 worded guidelines in about 10 seconds. 

Reveal hidden contents

:rant: In short it has been nice to save, just makes time to plan, which means patience and a perfect work and that is :pullhair: sometimes. :roflmao: 

That sweet spot of yours is precious and like a thrill of the hunt type, taking one day at a time sometimes, or for me, is that when the situation slows or you slow to catch your breath it leaves you with accomplishment and pondering, so much pondering lol kudos! @grendel013image.png.e8ece138d21db0eaaf708e3948e5673d.png

Right now I seem to just find what I think are good deals on books that I would buy if I could buy them cheap basically. That albedo 3 wasn't necessarily on any list of mine but I recognized it as what I thought was a reasonable cost. I did that with some of the Cerebus issues too. Priced too cheap not to buy. The beauty of indie comics though. People fall asleep at the wheel even today. People also rather spend their money on something more mainstream. That albedo 2 is ridiculous though. I'll never own one. Lol.