• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Been shopping in my LCS for the last two years. His back issue inventory out on the store floor is mostly late-80s-Moderns. Essentially not very much interested me except for he had alot of comics with MJ inserts...and I bought him out of those within the first couple months of going there.

Find out today that the owner is sitting on about 5-7 long/shortboxes of SA/BA comics in the back...underneath desks and not looked at in a long while. The owner said he didn't do much back issue business, still doesn't, and took them off the floor about three years ago due to fears of theft (he has a booming gaming business and kids are all over the store on weeknights and all-day weekends). I wouldn't have known about them at all except he took out a GS X-Men #1 and put it for sale behind the counter. I made a wisecrack that he should get more comics like that and he told me about the stash...

Some of these comics are very nice...I only had the time to quickly go through one shortbox but here's a sampling of what I walked away with. He's putting the rest on hold until I can get more time to go through it all...probably this weekend or definitely next. I need to go through my FF collection because he has some super sweet FFs I may go ahead and see if I need to upgrade.

I should also say his price was especially generous... :grin:

fantasticfour41.jpg

incrediblehulk151.jpg

incrediblehulk168.jpg

Jim

Been shopping in my LCS for the last two years. His back issue inventory out on the store floor is mostly late-80s-Moderns. Essentially not very much interested me except for he had alot of comics with MJ inserts...and I bought him out of those within the first couple months of going there.

Find out today that the owner is sitting on about 5-7 long/shortboxes of SA/BA comics in the back...underneath desks and not looked at in a long while. The owner said he didn't do much back issue business, still doesn't, and took them off the floor about three years ago due to fears of theft (he has a booming gaming business and kids are all over the store on weeknights and all-day weekends). I wouldn't have known about them at all except he took out a GS X-Men #1 and put it for sale behind the counter. I made a wisecrack that he should get more comics like that and he told me about the stash...

Some of these comics are very nice...I only had the time to quickly go through one shortbox but here's a sampling of what I walked away with. He's putting the rest on hold until I can get more time to go through it all...probably this weekend or definitely next. I need to go through my FF collection because he has some super sweet FFs I may go ahead and see if I need to upgrade.

I should also say his price was especially generous... :grin:

fantasticfour41.jpg

incrediblehulk151.jpg

incrediblehulk168.jpg

Jim

You know Jim I could probably figure out what store this is & take a little day trip north... :devil:

You know Jim I could probably figure out what store this is & take a little day trip north... :devil:

That's why I made him ensure me the comics would be "on hold" until I browsed through them... (tsk):headbang:

Jim

Congrats.

I have been trying to find an affordable copy of that issue for a while.

While not in High grade I was able to snag this cheap. It one of those books that look much better in person. My only book that Overstreet lists as rare plus the first mention of Elvis in comics.

5-5005.jpg

Congrats.

I have been trying to find an affordable copy of that issue for a while.

While not in High grade I was able to snag this cheap. It one of those books that look much better in person. My only book that Overstreet lists as rare plus the first mention of Elvis in comics.

Thanks I was surprised to get it at less than Overstreet's 2.0 guide price.

This arrived today:

RAD934512008310_02659.jpg

It's an upgrade from the first Batman I ever bought (and the second comic ever in my collection). I still have the original, VG copy I purchased in the summer of 1976 from the spinner rack in my local pharmacy.

This arrived today:

RAD934512008310_02659.jpg

It's an upgrade from the first Batman I ever bought (and the second comic ever in my collection). I still have the original, VG copy I purchased in the summer of 1976 from the spinner rack in my local pharmacy.

Very nice (worship)

One of the best days I have ever had in going to the post office...these all arrived today....needless to say I was thrilled to have an arm full of packages waiting for me at the post office.....held up the line for a few minutes too as the post lady had to have me sign for everything....best day ever at the post office... :cloud9:

Had to take a pictue as my scanner sucks... :P

img1921br7.jpg

One of the best days I have ever had in going to the post office...these all arrived today....needless to say I was thrilled to have an arm full of packages waiting for me at the post office.....held up the line for a few minutes too as the post lady had to have me sign for everything....best day ever at the post office... :cloud9:

img1921br7.jpg

Nice haul! :applause:

img1921br7.jpg

Lot of sweet books there.

Makes the Post Office fun

img1921br7.jpg

WOW!!! (thumbs u Incredible range of books!! Arm full of new comic goodness= :cloud9: