• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

Went to Wonderfest today, which is something like the world's largest sci-fi model kit convention, or something to that effect. I have no aptitude for model making, but I still enjoy the show.

This year I was going primarily to pick up these prints from John Tyler Christopher. I'd seen them online some time ago, and finally put the art with the artist, and when I saw he was attending, I thought I'd try my luck at picking them up. $20 later, I brought these home. I'm glad I got there early, as I got his last copy of the bikini Jessica print.

2loqkx.jpg

But while that is WHY I attended, that was not the highlight of the day...

I wandered the aisles for a bit, and was getting ready to leave when I spotted a table that had some comic boxes marked "$3 each". I hadn't really planned on pawing through a bunch of back issues today, but suffice to say I'm happy I made the stop:

igbw9e.jpg

I overheard him telling someone that this was his personal collection and he had "priced them where I knew I could get rid of them." It was mostly bronze stuff, and while there were a few beaters, for the most part everything looked great, with either very minimal or at least pressable defects. Nice gloss and pages on nearly all of these.

2rzvwif.jpg

2v1q6h4.jpg

Found some nice picture frames too! (Sorry they're sideways...)

6xpz5z.jpg

He also had lots of magazines. THese were a little more beat up than the comics, but still, the price seemed right:

2wr2oa1.jpg

And even though the books were marked $3, he also gave bulk discounts, so it came out to $2.50 or thereabouts per book for me. I don't usually stumble across these sorts of deals, so it was a very nice day, and of course I'll be returning to Wonderfest next year!

:acclaim:

You've been jealous every since you saw my copy. Admit it, loser

Yep. And after finally getting to see what's inside it, the jealousy was 100% justified. :whee:

Now help me find an upgrade. :banana:

Went to Wonderfest today, which is something like the world's largest sci-fi model kit convention, or something to that effect. I have no aptitude for model making, but I still enjoy the show.

This year I was going primarily to pick up these prints from John Tyler Christopher. I'd seen them online some time ago, and finally put the art with the artist, and when I saw he was attending, I thought I'd try my luck at picking them up. $20 later, I brought these home. I'm glad I got there early, as I got his last copy of the bikini Jessica print.

2loqkx.jpg

:o:luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv:

This week in my son's comic collection.... deciBell #1!

ZQvELts.jpg

It's a free comic from Chick-Fil-A. Is it wrong that I wanted to bag and board it? It was in 9.0/9.2 shape before I gave it to him. And it's a key #1 issue! ;)