• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Not a bad storyline on this one either. cloud9.gif

CAP74cad.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Lucky dog. mad.gif

Does that carry a premium over its American counterpart? Are the Canadian versions significantly harder to find? Very cool book.

Lucky dog. mad.gif

Does that carry a premium over its American counterpart? Are the Canadian versions significantly harder to find? Very cool book.

I'd say Timley reprints like this from Superior Publishing are gaining more value and attention as we speak. This issue certainly is not as rare (maybe it is?) as the Marvel Mystery Annual but the lone copy in the CGC census which was sold by PGC Mint last year (CGC 8.0) I believe went for around $7,000. The Marvel Mystery Annual is also fetching big dollars. I have the only Cap #73 in the CGC census and one of only two Sub-Mariner Comics #32 (labelled #31) and that is an 8.5 yay.gif so if these books are running at a 75% m/v clip in relation to their U.S. counterparts I will be doing cart wheels. I think general consensus is that these books are slightly more rare than their U.S. counterparts so as far as I'm concerned I'd sell my originals first before I ever let these go. You just don't see these very often at all and maybe their are some floating around in attics up in Canada but these are prime pieces in my collection. I'm no expert but in the last 3 years of surfiing the internet for books these almost never surface, especially in high grade. ECComics is probably the resident expert on this topic.

What are the stories like? Does Captain America act like the Crypt Keeper as a narrator? Is the Red Skull featured in any of the weird tales or is he just on the cover?

hail.gif by the way

Cap battles the Red Skull in Hell in a very brief (maybe 8 pages) but cool story. I don't want to mess with scanning pages as this is off to CGC for slabbing but I believe someone posted some cool panels in the GA section at one point.