• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,052 posts in this topic

Third of the original four 1945 issues that I collected. If #2 wasn't so damn expensive, I'd have all four. Bloody "classic covers".

That is an awesome cover! This gunner is my kinda flyboy!

Thanks! I love old WWII-era war comics and being in the Air Force now, I wanted to collect these four in particular.

10641059_10204221893321587_846456056840231501_n.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600_1.jpg

Was really please with the Mary Poppins, loved it as a child, this is the only Super Mag copy I have seen.

Not happy with the Deathstroke, was in great condition when I purchased it, received it this morning from Spain, in a lightly padded envelope, the comic wasn't even bagged or boarded. Shame, as it's hard to find in high grade as it is, and now there is one less in circulation. Apparently the seller can't see any damage, but I will be pushing for a refund.

[update: Have been offered a full refund, they blamed it on the UK postal service, and have asked I return it in well protected packaging :) ]

image.jpg

image.jpg

Third of the original four 1945 issues that I collected. If #2 wasn't so damn expensive, I'd have all four. Bloody "classic covers".

That is an awesome cover! This gunner is my kinda flyboy!

Thanks! I love old WWII-era war comics and being in the Air Force now, I wanted to collect these four in particular.

10641059_10204221893321587_846456056840231501_n.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600_1.jpg

That's a nice set you're assembling. Is number 2 really gotten that expensive? It's the only issue of the run I own, and don't remember paying a lot for it, though to be fair its because some kid had put a marker to the cover. Besides drawing in the glasses, flag and teeth he added an arrow to rear with Uncle Sam in the background holding a bow, and arrow.

The polybagged McSpider-man # 1 was the comic that got me back into collecting 25 years ago,.....God, has it been that long........ so when I saw this at a recent show I was able to trade for it. Super cool, to me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DSCN2794.jpg

The polybagged McSpider-man # 1 was the comic that got me back into collecting 25 years ago,.....God, has it been that long........ so when I saw this at a recent show I was able to trade for it. Super cool, to me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DSCN2794.jpg

:applause: One of the most iconic spidey covers. Those foil variants are super awesome