• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,047 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Looks to be a yellow suit and a red suit. I guess the yellow is Target, it'd be interesting to know who his arch nemesis is lol If you said it is a low grade copy at least it is complete even though it had a bit of a spine roll. you know silver lining :) 

The red suit guys are the Targeteers, his sidekicks, apparently. (I am not making this up.) 

And low grade is generous...wrinkly, dirty, seems glued, little tears and chips. But complete, and a classic GA war cover. Sure, I like better copies than lower grade copies, but I collect the books I want first, grade is secondary. Sure better grade is better. But I always prefer a lesser copy of a cool book to a sweet high-grade copy of a ho-hum book.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well Congrats on the book!!! 

Thanks! 

Looks like bulletproof vests date to the 1600's, with commercial availability beginning around 1840, if Wikipedia is to be believed. I'm guessing the Target schtick was to draw fire to the vest area, thereby giving this non-powered costumed crime fighter more "plausibility" than all the other guys running around in longjohns with no powers and never getting finished by a bullet. Just a guess(shrug)