• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,047 posts in this topic

Today I got a new book which I had paid a twoonie to a seller. Nothing big deal about that one, but is by Stan Goldberg on art. -script by Stan Lee.

l made the mistake thinking it was the first volume, but is actually the second volume. Inside the cover page shows "volume one, no.3" so that throw me off a bit. I recheck for more info ... ahh now I see.  Learn something new. 

IMG_0625.JPG

Edited by Fan Boy

A local vintage toy story in my town recently went out of business. Before they did, I stopped by seeing as I had some store credit. After a quick chat with the owner, I asked if I had enough credit to take the vintage comic book spinner rack he had and all the comics on it. He thought for a minute and said, "yes".

After I got everything home, I removed the poor excuses for bags that these comics were in and replaced them with legit bags and boards. Here are the books I scored.

comics.jpg.d922cf4b3c8c44916452ebf63a6c7dad.jpg

3 hours ago, Yoshi said:

A local vintage toy story in my town recently went out of business. Before they did, I stopped by seeing as I had some store credit. After a quick chat with the owner, I asked if I had enough credit to take the vintage comic book spinner rack he had and all the comics on it. He thought for a minute and said, "yes".

After I got everything home, I removed the poor excuses for bags that these comics were in and replaced them with legit bags and boards. Here are the books I scored.

comics.jpg.d922cf4b3c8c44916452ebf63a6c7dad.jpg

Nice, but what about the spinner rack?

I've been looking for a well presenting copy of this book for awhile.   Another one to cross off my collecting bucket list. 

Action Comics 138.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I've been looking for a well presenting copy of this book for awhile.   Another one to cross off my collecting bucket list. 

Action Comics 138.jpg

Damn, that is beautiful buzz. Funny how the book was way ahead of its time with that stealth plane.

11 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Damn, that is beautiful buzz. Funny how the book was way ahead of its time with that stealth plane.

That's not a stealth plane. It's what was referred to as a flying wing plane. First developed during WW 2

12 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Action Comics 138.jpg

What a great cover 

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

I think the rack is kinda cool that way.

Looks like he did a neat job so it may be better off that way.  If you use any type of paint remover you may also take off the varnish on the metal which could lead to more problems down the road.  Leave it as is and fill it with 80's comics.   Everything back then was neon greens.  I had a pair of converse skateboarding sneakers that were neon green and neon blue.