• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,049 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Damn, that is beautiful buzz. Funny how the book was way ahead of its time with that stealth plane.

Thanks !

Actually the Germans had experimented with flying wings toward the end of WWII.  Read up on the Horten Ho.  They designed some aspects of it to escape radar detection. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229

Edited by Buzzetta

51 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

+ 1 (thumbsu

Same. I'd prefer it to be original finish, but it looks like a clean paint job, so I'd be content to leave it be if it was just for my personal collection.

3 hours ago, justin said:

Yes, the cover, and also the fight scene between Wolverine and Silver Samurai is one of the best drawn fight scenes in all of comics IMO.

theuncannyx-men173-12.jpg

x-men171.jpg

theuncannyx-men173-1516.jpg

It's great stuff. I have a great deal of love and appreciation for Cockrum and Byrne, but Paul Smith will always be MY X-Men artist.

6 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I think the rack is kinda cool that way.

Thanks. Yeah, I haven't raced out to have it restored i guess because I'm trying to decide if I like it or not.

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Looks like he did a neat job so it may be better off that way.  If you use any type of paint remover you may also take off the varnish on the metal which could lead to more problems down the road.  Leave it as is and fill it with 80's comics.   Everything back then was neon greens.  I had a pair of converse skateboarding sneakers that were neon green and neon blue. 

Makes me wonder how it would look as an Avacado green. Yeah, if I do end up trying to restore it I'll go to someone who does this kind of thing for a living. I'm not qualified to attempt it myself.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Same. I'd prefer it to be original finish, but it looks like a clean paint job, so I'd be content to leave it be if it was just for my personal collection.

Cool. Thanks. It's not a bad idea. Just pondering over resteration as an option. 

34 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Very nice.  Is the Crow #1 a 1st print? It looks very high grade. And that TMNT #2 2nd print is sweet, just a great set of books.:applause:

3rd print, but I couldn't pass it up. It was listed as a VG/FN on mcs, but it looks fantastic to me :x

10 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Strange little mix, but it was one of those antiques shops "take it all" deals

image.jpeg

I always liked those old Marvel annuals with the year date right on the cover :applause:

18 hours ago, nepatkm said:

I like it as is Yoshi, the color is pretty cool. Congratulations!!. ( the books are quite nice also. :headbang:)

Thank you.

I dig your avatar.

I recently picked up 1-50 of the original punisher run. Looking forward to reading it for the first time.