• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,047 posts in this topic

My first comic related purchase of the year.  Really slowing down, probably because my focus has been on the sports card market leading up to the Super Bowl.  Anyway, just a cheap pick up from CLINK.  Not a very big (size size) or glamorous piece of artwork, but I love Dustin NGuyen's Batman related work.  Catwoman looks just beautiful despite this being just a simple line sketch. It'll look nice on my desk anyway.

RADCBE8420171228_115911.jpg

17 minutes ago, 707comics said:

No clue if it's real or not but found this while counting pages in some new books I picked up and thought it was cool.

IMG_1761_edited.jpg

It does look the same from other's that I have seen. :) on the splash page I assume too! Would be pretty cool to here the tale behind it as well, did you get it from an original owner?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

22 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It does look the same from other's that I have seen. :) on the splash page I assume too! Would be pretty cool to here the tale behind it as well, did you get it from an original owner?

Bought / found it locally digging through a box of gold / silver stuff ... not the original owner for sure.

It's on the first page of the story (also the first story in the book), but after a little 1 page intro and advertisement so it's technically  pg. 5?

Pic of the book it's in and the complete page w/ the signature :)

IMG_1762_edited.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

Edited by 707comics

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Today is a good day! Glad to make this my own :)

20180208_160232.jpg

Congrats! Doesn't it have a majesty to it when you opened it out of the box? Your only copy or did you own another one? The splash page on this is one of the best ever BTW! Wish i had a poster of it

13 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Congrats! Doesn't it have a majesty to it when you opened it out of the box? Your only copy or did you own another one? The splash page on this is one of the best ever BTW! Wish i had a poster of it

It's my only copy, I never got one until now because I knew I wanted it in VF and settled for F/VF. I actually did a power point presentation on this book for my art appreciation class in college because it's the X-Men that I know and am familiar with ;)I tried getting 2 X-Men 94s but without wolvie on the cover, I was missing something lol

To say this I appreciate this book is an understatement :blush:

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's my only copy, I never got one until now because I knew I wanted it in VF and settled for F/VF. I actually did a power point presentation on this book for my art appreciation class in college because it's the X-Men that I know and am familiar with ;)I tried getting 2 X-Men 94s but without wolvie on the cover, I was missing something lol

To say this I appreciate this book is an understatement :blush:

Yeah I always wondered why 94 commanded more value? Is it because it was the first new x-men logo? VF would be an 8 to 8.5 in CGC terms? Oops never mind it wasn't the first new logo.

Edited by MGsimba77

6 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah I always wondered why 94 commanded more value? Is it because it was the first new x-men logo? VF would be an 8 to 8.5 in CGC terms?

VF is 8.0.... VF+ is 8.5... VF- is 7.5... F/VF is 7.0.... F+...is 6.5 and so on :foryou:

12 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Attention Ollie's Shoppers! It looks like the stores have been restocking their DC trades, so if you haven't been for a couple of weeks, it's likely worth making another stop. I'd read about the restocking on another board, so I stopped by two of my local Ollie's last night, and scored another stack of great, cheap stuff. More archives and Showcases as you'd expect, but some new arrivals included these really nice "Celebrating 75 Years" hardcovers which are $40 retail for $6, and also the Throne of Atlantis Hardcover that comes with Blu Ray and DVD, again, for about $6. I'm going to have to stop by my Ollies once a week until they finally run out of stuff. I finally managed to find the Art of Brian Bolland hc, and the Challs Vol 1 Showcase that had been eluding me. Still on the lookout for Batgirl! Happy hunting!

Photo Feb 07, 9 04 40 PM.jpg

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I have an Ollies like a mile down the road from my house, but I never knew they carried this kind of stuff. Will definitely be stopping by tomorrow to see what they have. 

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Today is a good day! Glad to make this my own :)

20180208_160232.jpg

Very nice! That looks good. This is probably going to end up being one of the last two X-Men books I get to finish my run, just because of cost; looking at the same grade range you are (I'll probably take a 7 or up).

16 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I have an Ollies like a mile down the road from my house, but I never knew they carried this kind of stuff. Will definitely be stopping by tomorrow to see what they have. 

Oh yeah, check it out for sure! I've probably spent about $400 there over the last couple of weeks, for a couple grand worth of books. Showcase tpbs are $3-$4, tons of hardcovers and trades (mostly New 52 stuff, but not exclusively) for $4, Archives for $6, etc. Tremendous deals. I have 3 Ollies nearby, and they've restocked at least twice since I first found out about it two weeks ago, so if you don't find much on your first trip, keep checking back. Apparently they did an $11 million buyout, so they have literal tons of this stuff. Good luck!

21 hours ago, Brian48 said:

My first comic related purchase of the year.  Really slowing down, probably because my focus has been on the sports card market leading up to the Super Bowl.  Anyway, just a cheap pick up from CLINK.  Not a very big (size size) or glamorous piece of artwork, but I love Dustin NGuyen's Batman related work.  Catwoman looks just beautiful despite this being just a simple line sketch. It'll look nice on my desk anyway.

RADCBE8420171228_115911.jpg

Nice! I had my eye on that one as well, but ended up saving my money to go after two other pieces that I ultimately didn't win. Oh well, there's always something new coming down the pike.

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Oh yeah, check it out for sure! I've probably spent about $400 there over the last couple of weeks, for a couple grand worth of books. Showcase tpbs are $3-$4, tons of hardcovers and trades (mostly New 52 stuff, but not exclusively) for $4, Archives for $6, etc. Tremendous deals. I have 3 Ollies nearby, and they've restocked at least twice since I first found out about it two weeks ago, so if you don't find much on your first trip, keep checking back. Apparently they did an $11 million buyout, so they have literal tons of this stuff. Good luck!

I have 3 by me as well. Didn't get a chance to go today due to the snowstorm. Too many jacka*s's on the road these days to go out in really bad weather, but I will definitely be stopping by and checking out what they have either tomorrow or first thing Monday. Never would have guessed they carried books and such. Then again, I have only been in one once and it was a couple years back. I will definitely be buying a lot of the books you had in your picture if they have them available. 

On 2/8/2018 at 9:20 AM, F For Fake said:

Attention Ollie's Shoppers! It looks like the stores have been restocking their DC trades, so if you haven't been for a couple of weeks, it's likely worth making another stop. I'd read about the restocking on another board, so I stopped by two of my local Ollie's last night, and scored another stack of great, cheap stuff. More archives and Showcases as you'd expect, but some new arrivals included these really nice "Celebrating 75 Years" hardcovers which are $40 retail for $6, and also the Throne of Atlantis Hardcover that comes with Blu Ray and DVD, again, for about $6. I'm going to have to stop by my Ollies once a week until they finally run out of stuff. I finally managed to find the Art of Brian Bolland hc, and the Challs Vol 1 Showcase that had been eluding me. Still on the lookout for Batgirl! Happy hunting!

Photo Feb 07, 9 04 40 PM.jpg

I have never heard of Ollie's so I searched and there is one RIGHT near my workplace. I don't even need directions after looking at google. I will go by there on Monday!

I actually looked up my local Ollies sales flyer and sure enough, there are the DC titles for sale. Am now really excited to hit up the store tomorrow. I just might hit up all 3 stores in my area since it says different locations might have different titles available. All 3 stores are roughly 20 minutes from one another. Not a big deal at all really travel wise, especially since one store is literally a mile down the road from me. I am hoping they have the Neal Adams Batman Illustrated art book that is listed on the flyer, but I will be interested in pretty much any DC stuff they have at those prices. 

Ollies.thumb.jpg.0257be0421b61e1bf9b61fef2a83f5ff.jpg

It says they purchased 19 truck loads of hard covers, soft covers, archived editions and more. Thanks again for the heads up. You don't get chances at picking up titles this cheap very often!

Edited by OrangeCrush