• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,103 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, Buzzetta said:

So as some know, IDW lost the GI Joe license to Kirkman but as IDW stated they are going out with a bang.  One of the projects that IDW is working on is a recreation / tribute comic of GI Joe 21 with former Joe artists each taking on a page.  Jay Sullivan was invited to participate in the project and Audrey Sullivan inked his page.  The deal included his original pencil and inked page on 16" x 24" Bristol with two redesigns of Scarlett's face that will later be digitally inserted.  I picked this up directly from the artist. 

I was really excited to acquire this... Snake Eyes... Storm Shadow... Scarlett...   This will be framed.  Ideas are welcomed by the way as the art goes to the edges of the page. 

IDW will release this anniversary issue later in the year. 

Special thanks to @jaybuck43 who gave me a slap over the phone and said, "Just get it".

Thanks and I am glad I listened. 

IMG_8444.jpeg

IMG_6076.jpeg

:whatthe:

Wow! That would be exciting! :cheers:

Melts the butter in fact!

On 2/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, Buzzetta said:

So as some know, IDW lost the GI Joe license to Kirkman but as IDW stated they are going out with a bang.  One of the projects that IDW is working on is a recreation / tribute comic of GI Joe 21 with former Joe artists each taking on a page.  Jay Sullivan was invited to participate in the project and Audrey Sullivan inked his page.  The deal included his original pencil and inked page on 16" x 24" Bristol with two redesigns of Scarlett's face that will later be digitally inserted.  I picked this up directly from the artist. 

I was really excited to acquire this... Snake Eyes... Storm Shadow... Scarlett...   This will be framed.  Ideas are welcomed by the way as the art goes to the edges of the page. 

IDW will release this anniversary issue later in the year. 

Special thanks to @jaybuck43 who gave me a slap over the phone and said, "Just get it".

Thanks and I am glad I listened. 

IMG_8444.jpeg

IMG_6076.jpeg

Congratulations!

That is an awesome piece.  

Make sure to share what you decide as far as framing /display.  It is always neat to see how some of these are displayed.  

On 2/17/2022 at 6:52 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Congratulations!

That is an awesome piece.  

Make sure to share what you decide as far as framing /display.  It is always neat to see how some of these are displayed.  

I am tempted to frame all three pieces together... but that might take up too much real estate on the wall... but I also want to see how it looks when it is released for the public. 

On 2/17/2022 at 5:55 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am tempted to frame all three pieces together... but that might take up too much real estate on the wall... but I also want to see how it looks when it is released for the public. 

I completely get it. I have seen some where they frame the piece with the book , others where they do the piece and page. Then some go for all. Like you said a big factor can be space.  

Also why I asked you to share what you eventually decide as it is always interesting to me.

On 2/18/2022 at 3:18 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20220218_161310.jpg

20220218_161331.jpg

20220218_161403.jpg

20220218_161433.jpg

Nice

To think, my LCS tried to sell me newsstands of all these issues and I said, Naw, the quality is garbage 

And the guy behind the counter said, Yeah I know. Dunno why we still order newsstands