• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,103 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2022 at 3:30 PM, BabaLament said:

Today’s stack is brought to you by Half-Price Books, home of the $1.99 comic bin. 🤑

Dang. I want that store in my neck of the woods.

@grendelbo With HPB it depends on the location. There are several in the local market & (unfortunately) they’re getting smarter about comics. Not by much, generally they stick anything with a #1 on it in the locked case & price it at $10, but miss all kinds of goodies. I will say, they aren’t complete insufficiently_thoughtful_persons anymore. They had Journey Into Mystery 83, beat up w/ a kid’s ballpoint pen “remarks” for $2,500, and last time I was in they had Ghost Rider #1 (also very worn) for $1,000. They also have a knack for pulling high dollar books & sending them to the flagship store in Dallas rather than trying to sell them locally. 

On 2/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, BabaLament said:

@grendelbo With HPB it depends on the location. There are several in the local market & (unfortunately) they’re getting smarter about comics. Not by much, generally they stick anything with a #1 on it in the locked case & price it at $10, but miss all kinds of goodies. I will say, they aren’t complete insufficiently_thoughtful_persons anymore. They had Journey Into Mystery 83, beat up w/ a kid’s ballpoint pen “remarks” for $2,500, and last time I was in they had Ghost Rider #1 (also very worn) for $1,000. They also have a knack for pulling high dollar books & sending them to the flagship store in Dallas rather than trying to sell them locally. 

Lol I must have missed out. I went to the flagship today in Dallas. Nothing, but there was something cause by the time I got there a person had a stack. I wasn't going to ask what he found, but it looked like moderns I wouldn't have recognized.

The only other I visit is the one by town east and they never have anything. Not even, it would seem, a priced cabinet.

I found avengers #11 and a 2nd #13 at hpb today. Key collector lists both, but neither were worth the trouble, so I took my keister home lol

Congrats!

If it seems why did I post? I came up empty and was going to ask which hpb you went to lol

But like the guy with the stack today, I didn't want to impose, but sense you mentioned 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/21/2022 at 7:04 PM, Sillydiabetic said:

Are you guys ready to barf out of jealousy?  I paid $700 for this bunch plus some others.  My heart skipped a beat seeing one IH 181, but two?  Plus 180?!?   Holy smokes!4A1C3BCF-66D2-456A-82F6-43AE3988DA91.thumb.jpeg.3753208338c066477ee46723b19c1f9f.jpeg

Oh, and they both have the MVS in case there were doubts.  

I'm moving to Idaho :whatthe:

On 2/21/2022 at 8:09 PM, s-man said:

I'm moving to Idaho :whatthe:

It isn’t like that EVERY DAY but boy howdy, I paid $80 for ASM 50 around a 6.0 a few months back.  Please don’t come here, they’re all bought up now, and the only thing left is Power Pack and Micronaut issues.  Oh, and potatoes.