• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,076 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2022 at 5:54 PM, Artboy99 said:

I wanted to share my framed Marvel Value Stamp collage. 

It is my Stan Lee signed series A booklet (1974) with the series B booklet (1976). Also in the center are the Marvel adverts that fueled my collecting focus when I was 6-10 years old. The "Marvel" advert in the center is from 1971, and I collected books for every character whose head appears there. The advert for the Hulk vs the Thing was the second time I had seen them in a fight, the first being the very first comic book I ever purchased which was Fantastic Four 112. And of course, the advert for Hulk 181 the Wolverine.

Surrounding the center are select Marvel Value Stamps I clipped from beat books I purchased at the Calgary Comic Expo in April 2022 for the purpose of creating this unique keepsake that is now finally on display.

This journey of capturing an era of comic collecting that is special to me started in sept 2013, when I finally acquired the empty series A 1974 booklet. I got it signed when Stan Lee made an appearance at the Calgary Expo in 2015. Finally acquired the 1976 series B booklet in April of this year.

Marvel Value Stamp framed.jpg

Ah that is a much bigger piece than I realized, so cool, the sig is a nice touch too. I remember something of what you've told about it, it's a personal piece all around. 

Kudos! Glad to see you make it, I too have the advert of hulk vs wolvie, but mine is from Marvel Premiere #19. Was there a different issue that had it too?

My keepsake of the ad was yellow label page lol

Yours has class ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/18/2022 at 5:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I too have the advert of hulk vs wolvie, but mine is from Marvel Premiere #19. Was there a different issue that had it too?

Daredevil 115

Thor 229

On 6/18/2022 at 5:54 PM, Artboy99 said:

I wanted to share my framed Marvel Value Stamp collage. 

It is my Stan Lee signed series A booklet (1974) with the series B booklet (1976). Also in the center are the Marvel adverts that fueled my collecting focus when I was 6-10 years old. The "Marvel" advert in the center is from 1971, and I collected books for every character whose head appears there. The advert for the Hulk vs the Thing was the second time I had seen them in a fight, the first being the very first comic book I ever purchased which was Fantastic Four 112. And of course, the advert for Hulk 181 the Wolverine.

Surrounding the center are select Marvel Value Stamps I clipped from beat books I purchased at the Calgary Comic Expo in April 2022 for the purpose of creating this unique keepsake that is now finally on display.

This journey of capturing an era of comic collecting that is special to me started in sept 2013, when I finally acquired the empty series A 1974 booklet. I got it signed when Stan Lee made an appearance at the Calgary Expo in 2015. Finally acquired the 1976 series B booklet in April of this year.

Marvel Value Stamp framed.jpg

This is so cool!

On 6/20/2022 at 9:51 PM, littledoom said:

Local pick ups 

AD629071-DE17-4219-9D5D-4D1D4EDD6A18.thumb.jpeg.d1762c4b2c64da50478e8a4ece8e6621.jpeg

32DDED10-F38F-4358-8F62-A6F0A169F98D.thumb.jpeg.f4009e5fb4d22f53837c6712de9da8b5.jpeg

3BF440B4-2C51-46FF-9DC0-8A55B04B1571.thumb.jpeg.c02dff3aea75320e1aa8f61a00bb0d60.jpeg

I assume there is still a story here? Usually you post in garage sales antiques, but there is so much good here. Posted today it was inferred that if a book has a manufacturing thing there may be more so I dont mind telling you...

I've found a double cover of that and 2nd poison ivy :cheers: or I have before, so check your books lol! But quite the hall :x

Kazar and all! 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/20/2022 at 8:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I assume there is still a story here? Usually you post in garage sales antiques, but there is so much good here. Posted today it was inferred that if a book has a manufacturing thing there may be more so I dont mind telling you...

I've found a double cover of that and poison ivy :cheers: or I have before, so check your books lol! But quite the hall :x

Kazar and all! 

I just posted the story in the Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds thread. I like to put the stories in that thread lol

On 6/20/2022 at 10:12 PM, littledoom said:

I just posted the story in the Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds thread. I like to put the stories in that thread lol

Good man. I'll try to remember  ^^