• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it too early to look forward to the holiday gift exchange?
6 6

54 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

:banana:  Don't Forget @DR.Xdoes an awesome Christmas Giveaway thread too!  Not sure if he's doing it again but that was also a blast last year!

It's already set up and ready to go. Fences are being charged, curfews posted, and tons of insults are ready to go. Launch date will be announced in the coming weeks or in General so spread the word. There are some awesome a zz prizes this year for you dorks. And I have a flying tool box or an eye ball plucking ready to for that Porcupine. LOL

giphy.gif&key=7519d443dee35800dcf8a0e438

Edited by DR.X

19 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Can someone inform the n00bs, such as myself, exactly what these are..? Guidelines? Maybe there are threads of previous exchanges/raffles we can take a look at?

In another club, we do a Deck of the Year contest. People donate rare decks, bricks of (12) decks, etc. People who vote get entered into a pool, random numbers are assigned, and people pick the prize they'd like. There's no value limit to a donated prize.

I'd be interested in contributing if I can get some more info!

Here are some examples  :foryou: read the first post for some examples of the rules ;) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Well...here we go. The pent-up anxiety has begin! Looks like we got Santa’s attention turned to this thread  :whee:

The fun is up and in motion.... :foryou:

control yourself

Not sure if these rules still apply, but I thought there was a 1 year on the boards or 100 post minimum to participate ?

This was in order to avoid newer unknown boardies from skipping out on gift sending for this very generous event.  

3 hours ago, Senormac said:

Not sure if these rules still apply, but I thought there was a 1 year on the boards or 100 post minimum to participate ?

This was in order to avoid newer unknown boardies from skipping out on gift sending for this very generous event.  

This is from last year.

Who is eligible to participate? You are eligible if you registered for the CGC boards before November 9th, 2016 and/or have a post count of at least 150 by November 9, 2017, provided that you are a member in good standing with the community, i.e., not on the CGC Chat Board Marketplace Probation List.
(This way, those who have become active members of the CGC Chat Boards after the change in Feb. 2016 may still participate.)

7 hours ago, comicdonna said:
10 hours ago, Senormac said:

This is from last year.

Who is eligible to participate? You are eligible if you registered for the CGC boards before November 9th, 2016 and/or have a post count of at least 150 by November 9, 2017, provided that you are a member in good standing with the community, i.e., not on the CGC Chat Board Marketplace Probation List.
(This way, those who have become active members of the CGC Chat Boards after the change in Feb. 2016 may still participate.)

There you go then.  It's in writing :popcorn: 

23 minutes ago, Senormac said:
7 hours ago, comicdonna said:
11 hours ago, Senormac said:

This is from last year.

There you go then.  It's in writing :popcorn: 

But not written in stone. :sumo:

Please remember that information above is from last year. It's possible that all that could change. ;)

Man o man was, I sweating bullets last year when I found out I had @oakman29  I was so intimidated by his 44k post count and what seemed that he had everything. But it turned out very well and I had a lot of fun researching gifts.

This secret santa actually inspired me to change Xmas with my family. Every year everyone basically tells each other what they want. After I had this experience. I advise my family that if we cannot put thought and effort into gifts for each other and we need specific lists. Then I no longer want to proceed with gift exchanges. I explained that I was able to find awesome gifts for a perfect stranger with bare minimum guidelines. We should be able to do that for each other. So I am stoked about this xmas with them . 

7 minutes ago, wolverine180 said:

Man o man was, I sweating bullets last year when I found out I had @oakman29  I was so intimidated by his 44k post count and what seemed that he had everything. But it turned out very well and I had a lot of fun researching gifts.

This secret santa actually inspired me to change Xmas with my family. Every year everyone basically tells each other what they want. After I had this experience. I advise my family that if we cannot put thought and effort into gifts for each other and we need specific lists. Then I no longer want to proceed with gift exchanges. I explained that I was able to find awesome gifts for a perfect stranger with bare minimum guidelines. We should be able to do that for each other. So I am stoked about this xmas with them 

Dude, you hit it way outta the park. I'm still in awe of that Vampi 1-4 U.K. set. And how on the hell did you find that Dracula book 1 in such beautiful shape.

WOW! 

post counts are meaningless,  no need to be intimidated by me.:foryou:

Just now, oakman29 said:

Dude, you hit it way outta the park. I'm still in awe of that Vampi 1-4 U.K. set. And how on the hell did you find that Dracula book 1 in such beautiful shape.

WOW! 

You are absolutely one of the board bests. I was glad to pull you after reading all your contributions and attitude towards everyone. Your a stand up guy and an awesome family man. 

10 minutes ago, wolverine180 said:

You are absolutely one of the board bests. I was glad to pull you after reading all your contributions and attitude towards everyone. Your a stand up guy and an awesome family man. 

:$ Shucks.....

1 hour ago, wolverine180 said:
1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

WOW! 

Image result for you complete me gif

lol