• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Sweetens CrossOver Service with Additional Incentives
2 2

55 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2018 at 8:57 AM, Brittany M. said:

Are you in California?

Brittany sorry I haven't been on the boards in a bit. Yes I'm in California I actually used the registered mail opinion which is crazy expensive. I used to use the Fedex with my own account in the past which worked great for me. Registered shipping is almost 50 percent added on to my total cgc bill which is crazy. Is there a better way or can you bring fedex back online. I have collectibles insurance so I'm not too too worried about lost or stolen packages although that always is a concern no matter how it's shipped. 

On 11/5/2018 at 6:46 AM, GACollectibles said:
On 11/1/2018 at 3:59 PM, BabaLament said:

I just got kicked in the teeth by CBCS. 10 books w/ witnessed signatures by Skottie Young & Ryan Ottley at Comicpalooza in Houston. They sat on my order for 22 weeks, and when I e-mailed to complain, the VP for CBCS/Beckett sent me a nice formal e-mail response...telling me to get bent. So yeah, assuming someone in Dallas can perform a rectal/cranial inversion long enough to ship the return, you'll be getting those raw's, as well as a bunch of other books that I no longer want to see with a shield on them. ;)

On 11/3/2018 at 11:54 AM, BabaLament said:

@ERTO

"...Your order is in line and will be finished up as soon as possible. I will not give you any other estimated dates of completion as the ones you were given were not accurate, unfortunately. What I will say is we will continue to do all we can to get all books out in the order they were submitted as we don’t want them here any longer then they have to be. If you do not want to wait any longer, I will be happy to refund all your grading fees and ship the pieces back to you, ungraded. It is not something I want to do but I also don’t want you to feel like we are not providing the service you require or that we have been deceptive in our practices. The dates you were given were estimates, not guaranteed dates or turnaround. Let me know if you want us to do this or keep the books in line, to be completed as soon as we can."

(in my best Indigo Montoya voice)

I do not think "kicked in the teeth" and "telling me to get bent" mean what you think it means.

+1

In complete agreement with you here.  (thumbsu

Not sure if it's my faltering eyesight in my old age or my lack of reading comprehension, but I really think Baba needs to go back into that correspondence he received from the VP and highlight to us the exact part where he felt that he was "kicked in the teeth" and also "got bent".  :facepalm:  lol

16 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Where they both restored previously.

both were in CGG holders.  the CGG had the hulk at the same grade and restoration but CGG had the showcase at an 8.5 restored so CGC downgraded the grade on that one.

18 hours ago, rucnok said:

both were in CGG holders.  the CGG had the hulk at the same grade and restoration but CGG had the showcase at an 8.5 restored so CGC downgraded the grade on that one.

Getting the CGC 7.5 Restored Showcase #4 into a CGC slab for $10 was an amazing deal.

4 minutes ago, BorderlineHoarder said:

Does the crossover service apply to CBCS raw grade books?

That is a good question, that might be a call CGC and ask question, might be faster but report back :foryou: :wishluck: 

My one modern was graded and dropped from a CBCS 9.8 to a CGC 9.6.  This and the others (GA books) were subbed while the additional incentive was in effect.  Does anyone know if the difference between the cost paid for the initial submission (per book) and $10 cost due to drop in grade is automatically credited to your account or am I reading the incentive incorrectly?  If auto-credited, where would I note it on my submission since there are no printable forms any longer?

I am pinging @dena if she has time to reply.  

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, telerites said:

My one modern was graded and dropped from a CBCS 9.8 to a CGC 9.6.  This and the others (GA books) were subbed while the additional incentive was in effect.  Does anyone know if the difference between the cost paid for the initial submission (per book) and $10 cost due to drop in grade is automatically credited to your account or am I reading the incentive incorrectly?  If auto-credited, where would I note it on my submission since there are no printable forms any longer?

I am pinging @dena if she has time to reply.  

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, I was told that you would get the credit automatically added to your CGC account. If you wanted the credit to go back on your credit card you have to request that. I requested the credit card refund so that's what I received. I don't remember how much time it took after receiving the books but it wasn't long.