• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
9 9

454 posts in this topic

Amazing  Mysteries 33

Title  is  a  continuation   from the   GA  Sub-Mariner  numbering. 

Two pieces out   perimeter  FC,  both upper  corners off to  bot,  plus  general  wear.    Both  staples    rusty  with  migration  lower  staple,   light  water  stain  upper  
RH  corner of  book  to  boot.  Small  corner off lower   LH  BC.  Interior  is   good, tight  with   offwhite   pages, 

If it was  in  any  better  shape  I'd   mention  the   picture  frame  cover,  lol

Scarce  title,   asking  $80  for  a  solid  reader  SOLD!

U8LyQWV.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Amazing  Mysteries 33

Title  is  a  continuation   from the   GA  Sub-Mariner  numbering. 

Two pieces out   perimeter  FC,  both upper  corners off to  bot,  plus  general  wear.    Both  staples    rusty  with  migration  lower  staple,   light  water  stain  upper  
RH  corner of  book  to  boot.  Small  corner off lower   LH  BC.  Interior  is   good, tight  with   offwhite   pages, 

If it was  in  any  better  shape  I'd   mention  the   picture  frame  cover,  lol

Scarce  title,   asking  $80  for  a  solid  reader

U8LyQWV.jpg

Take

24 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Walt Disney's Comics  and Stories 45

Cover  loose  from  the  single  staple,   small  split  lower  spine, small  tear  lower  edge  FC.  Glossy,   nice  eye  appeal,  interior  tight with offwhite  pages. 

Asking  $125

okQjdx1.jpg

Take per PM

Say  now!  Look  what  I  just  spotted  on  the  floor  next  to the  wastebasket.  Why  it's  last  night's   scotch  glass,   which I  forgot  to  police  up!
I'm  taking  this  as  an  omen.   Back   in a  bit.

Frontline  Combat 8

Short  splits  upper and lower spine,  small  corner off  lower   RH  FC,  general  wear,  chips here  and  there. 
Tight  enough,   bit of  gloss left,   Offwhite  pages. 

Asking $25

W2DBCxe.jpg

Journey  Into  Mystery 77

Looks   solid  enough,  but  the  back  half  of  the  book  and  the  front  half  don't  match,   I  suspect  it's  been   trimmed...badly.
Nice  enough otherwise,   tight,    decent  gloss,   general  wear, white pages.

Take it home for  $50

QAKosl6.jpg

Archie's  Girls  Betty and Veronica 10

Couple  teensy  tears   LH  edge  BC, Otherwise  a  big of  general  wear,  couple  dogears lower  RH  FC.  Decent  amount of  gloss,   tight  spine  and  CF, 
white  pages.

Take it for  $120

hJkcng7.jpg

Gang Busters 3

Small  split   upper  spine,  paper  still   there,  bent  behind  BC.  Couple  tiny  tears at  upper  staple,  couple  more  RH  edge  FC.  Faint   whiff  of  stacking  roll.
And there's that  fellows  FC  stamp  again.   That  being  said,   tight  spine  and CF,   good  eye  appeal,  white pages.

Yours for $60

QibP5Cy.jpg

How about  an  obscure  Timely?

Animated  Movie-Tunes #1

Old  tape  repair inside   LH  edge  FC,  couple  small   tears  lower  edge  FC, otherwise  flat  and tight,  bit of gloss,  general  wear. Light  dust  shadow  lower 
edge  BC.  Offwhite  pages

Asking  $50

ajYqMJh.jpg

Airboy  V3  #9

Another of the unbound  comics,   four   small   binder  holes  along  spine, glue  residue  along  most  of  spine
Outer half inch edge  of  both  FC  and  BC  are  browned  and  brittle,  with  plenty  of  chipping. Split  lower  spine. 
Tight spine  and CF,  supple  cream  pages.

This  issue   includes   the  origin of  The  Heap. 

Asking  $25  for  a solid  reader

MyCO40B.jpg

Here's an odd  duck,. 

Cool  Cat NN  (Vol 9   #1, 1962)

Gotta  be  close  to  the  end  of  the  Crestwood   Publishing  Co, this title  continues  the   numbering  from  Black  Magic.   First   of this  title  I've  seen. 
Upper spine  split  to   first  staple,   small  tears  lower  staple,   and   a  couple  hundred  light  brown  spots FC.  BC  is  fine,   go  fig. 
Otherwise   flat  and  tight,  white pages 

$10 for  the  oddball  SOLD!

WILQVx4.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Action Comics 226

Water upper  RH  FC,  critter  chew   RH  upper  edge  of  entire  book,   extending  to a 1/2 x 1  semicircle   BC. Small  tears  most  pages inside,  plus  general  wear.
Tight enough,  offwhite pages. 

Grab a  reader for  $20

MWDNKgi.jpg

10 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Here's an odd  duck,. 

Cool  Cat NN  (Vol 9   #1, 1962)

Gotta  be  close  to  the  end  of  the  Crestwood   Publishing  Co, this title  continues  the   numbering  from  Black  Magic.   First   of this  title  I've  seen. 
Upper spine  split  to   first  staple,   small  tears  lower  staple,   and   a  couple  hundred  light  brown  spots FC.  BC  is  fine,   go  fig. 
Otherwise   flat  and  tight,  white pages 

$10 for  the  oddball

WILQVx4.jpg

:takeit:

All  right,    last    book  for  the  evening!  I've  run  out  of  scans. 

Journey  Into  Mystery 59

Big ol'  dogear   RH  FC,  general  wear,  small  tear  with dangling  chad  lower   edge  BC.  Tight  spine and  CF, decent  gloss,   white pages,

Yours  for  $75

xyJ8ftY.jpg