• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I thought you guys would like this story about an amazing new collection find
5 5

74 posts in this topic

Great report on how you found that collection. Too bad CGC didn’t recognize the collector’s 5000 comic book collection. But I see their point in what it take to get the status, very tough with the criteria. 

Would love to see the photos. When you said there are deep runs of Pep comics and Disney, that got my attention. What else is there you didn’t mention. Hoping that you are thinking to do a sale thread someday. 

Any Jughead comics in there?

Edited by Fan Boy

10 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I got the call back in August about the possibility of these books existing. :wishluck:

As it always goes, you don't put much faith in phone calls like this. Most of the time you're dealing with books that are either over graded, or not real (I was part of a large potential collection find once that was supposed to make the Edgar Church find look like small potatoes but it turned out to be an elaborate hoax), or stolen or the books just ended up getting scooped before you can get to them.

Thanks for the cool post. Look forward to hearing more about these books. The hoax incident seems like an interesting story. I'd love to hear about it if you wanna

3 hours ago, telerites said:

Congrats, Roy!

I found a quarter walking yesterday so I know the feeling.  :nyah:

Finding a quarter is not the same feeling as finding a quarter million dollars worth of comic books! Anyway, congratulations to both of you, free money is always good :)

1 minute ago, Dan82 said:

Finding a quarter is not the same feeling as finding a quarter million dollars worth of comic books! Anyway, congratulations to both of you, free money is always good :)

I hope you and Roy realize it was obviously said in jest hence the tongue in cheek emoticon.  

I got the impression that he doesn't own it now but is helping to bring it to market and is the official comics guy in the deal. I hope that I am wrong and that all the profit will be his though!!!!

14 hours ago, Park said:
14 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

NO PICS :tonofbricks:

Of the comic books, Roy.

Come on, man. You gotta specify with him or it gets weird.

For Park and Park alone.

Halloween2010024.jpg.ca2066a58c9dcb4ba5545a314e752f7e.jpg