• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

Shang-Chi is as advertised. It's a really good movie. I thought it looked great in 3D and I could tell the filmmaker definitely shot some scenes with that format in mind. Will be seeing this next in IMAX.

The mid-credits scene was a bit of a shock. Marvel is back for sure. Maybe had the best end credits scene for a MCU film IMO. It was definitely part of the movie's story and not a throwaway scene like it sometimes is with the Marvel films. You should stick around for it.

This movie proves that Marvel needs the movie theaters. Shan- Chi won't be the same on Disney+ IMO.

On 9/3/2021 at 2:30 PM, paperheart said:

‘Shang-Chi’ Rings Up $8.8M In Thursday Night Previews

1/3 behind BW, if it plays as front loaded as that one (unlikely), looking at minimum low $50 millions 3 day, low $60 millions 4 day. For certain, opening domestic weekend > entire US run of TSS and entire US run of WW1984 lol

alottanuts.gif.402627384a04b02d97972ff092a7cde9.gif

But at least you are consistent. :golfclap:

‘Shang-Chi’ Smashing Labor Day Opening Weekend Records With $60M+ – Midday Box Office Update

Shang-Chi‘s three-day total looks to be around $60M, with the potential to do in the mid- to high-$60M range over four days. That’s poised to be 126% higher than the previous Labor Day weekend record opener, 2017’s Halloween. It could even go much higher, but we’ll have a better idea tomorrow morning. This is according to industry estimates, not Disney.

Deadline's lowball straw man estimate smashed lol

I enjoyed it! Shang-Chi was always one of my Marvel fav's so it was a definite treat to see this on the big screen. My wife liked the movie  and she doesn't have the fan attachment  i do so that's a positive sign for its future growth.  It's stands as a well done origin story and the action was great. 4/5 Endless story possibilities if Disney + takes the other Marvel martial arts characters to TV as Netflix did after/during this new phase.  

05kungfu.jpg

Daughters_of_the_Dragon_Vol_1_1.jpg

R.jpg

Went with the whole family & everyone enjoyed it for sure.

My girls (15 &19) were definitely excited watching the movie.

Wifey is usually chill but she had fun and she doesn't care for Marvel stuff.

At the end of the movie the whole theatre was applauding (Los Angeles metro IMAX).

Fight scenes are next level. Shang Chi just upped the bar on the fight choreography in the MCU.

Very solid all around but I wish they showed more fight club.

They could of really rocked the Marvel universe with that fight club but it was still good nonetheless.

Big boss fight tied everything up well.

End credits are very solid (reminded me how much I miss the big screen MCU, D+ dont cut it).

I'll watch Shang Chi again 100% because Martial Arts x Marvel is a 1000000000% winning combination.

Solid 9/10.:applause:(thumbsu:headbang:

Now go support your local businesses and movie theatres so JPow can stop printing money.:bigsmile:

:tink: