• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2021 at 10:01 AM, TupennyConan said:

That's a lot of work grading those. I'll list the ones I liked or even liked a lot.

XM 1 & 2 [especially 2]. Ang Lee's Hulk [rather good film]. Iron Man. Cap 1. Avengers 1. Cap WS [good movie]. GG 1 [great movie]. Ant-Man [so-so]. Cap CW. Both TH Spidey's [especially 2]. Tobey's Spidey's 1 & 2, especially 2. Infinity War more than Endgame. Cap Marvel was OK.      

You deviated from the -script!

shame-shame-shame-shame.gif.fff4532c4ee45117842f75d90187a111.gif

:baiting:

But I actually like your list!

:applause:

Ang Lee's Hulk [rather good film]

I revisited this film recently. It's actually quite good.

My concern is with a strong actor like Erica Bana I think he would have stood out too much in the MCU not because others are bad actors. He's just that fantastic. And with Jennifer Connelly she is another one that would have been tremendous in a continuing role. Though so is Liv Tyler.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:43 PM, Mmanick said:

I absolutely dont hate woman. I just hate the false narrative Hollywood keeps pushing. 

Because the narrative of a nerd who gets the powers of a spider from a spider bite or a big purple alien guy getting a bunch of stones so he can kill half of all life with a finger snap is a true and realistic narrative? Here’s something to chew on, tough guy: it’s all a false narrative?

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 9/5/2021 at 10:42 PM, Mmanick said:

Couldn't help but feel Shang- chi wasn't the baddest dude of the movie. His aunt kicked his tail and so did his sister. I miss the old school action movies where the man was actually the man so to speak but I still enjoyed the movie overall. 

As someone who’s practiced martial arts for 10+ years, maybe you should know that a 120 lb woman with skill could probably take out a 300 lb man with no skill? The toughest guy in the world will go down if you hit him in the knee or bend his pinkie finger the wrong way. Martial arts is for everybody, not just a bunch of bros in speedos hugging each other on the floor.

Disney's conservative $83MM estimate blown out of the water as per Deadline:

As we told you yesterday, Disney/Marvel’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings is easily headed to $90M+ over four-days. This comes after an awesome Sunday hold, -2% from Saturday, with $22.7M bringing the pic’s 3-day to $75.5M, and 4-day to a massive record breaking of $90M for the Labor Day stretch per Disney. Industry estimates see it between $91M-$92M. Today is expected to come in around $16.2M per industry estimates, while Disney is figuring $14.5M. Either way you slice it, it’s a hit.

Edited by paperheart

On 9/6/2021 at 8:24 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

As someone who’s practiced martial arts for 10+ years, maybe you should know that a 120 lb woman with skill could probably take out a 300 lb man with no skill? The toughest guy in the world will go down if you hit him in the knee or bend his pinkie finger the wrong way. Martial arts is for everybody, not just a bunch of bros in speedos hugging each other on the floor.

Lmao I’ll take this conversation to pm as I don’t want to be banned for something 

On 9/6/2021 at 10:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

My concern is with a strong actor like Erica Bana I think he would have stood out too much in the MCU not because others are bad actors. He's just that fantastic. And with Jennifer Connelly she is another one that would have been tremendous in a continuing role. Though so is Liv Tyler.

Bana is great actor. Black Hawk Down, Troy, Munich, etc. And the CGI Hulk was fantastic, just over the top and right from the comics. My favorite version to date. I can rewatch that desert escape scene with him super jumping into the sky and I’m a kid in the 80’s again reading Hulk comics in the back yard. But the movie just didn’t work. Perfect casting with the wrong director/writer. 

On 9/6/2021 at 8:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

Here you go. Including the future ones, which you should note already as...

[checks Disney notes]

checks_notes.gif.c79286cc8cfbd463c0d0c2672524cd53.gif

"Are perfect and unique each time so the most amazing experiences ever!"

MCU01.png.71c93cb5f9f94ae4ae34b918c13ba07b.png

RobinHood.gif.8e3172fa0901d9e4ea394d26597fde10.gif

I'm pretty much a Marvel Zombie, have really liked most of these except Doctor Strange was hard to get thru especially the first hour and Captain Marvel which I think was due to being a big fan of the original Captain Mar-Vell 

saw Shang-Chi yesterday and was meh  but that's just my 2c

On 9/6/2021 at 11:53 AM, Scam Likely said:

Bana is great actor. Black Hawk Down, Troy, Munich, etc. And the CGI Hulk was fantastic, just over the top and right from the comics. My favorite version to date. I can rewatch that desert escape scene with him super jumping into the sky and I’m a kid in the 80’s again reading Hulk comics in the back yard. But the movie just didn’t work. Perfect casting with the wrong director/writer. 

Robot Chicken summarized it best...

"Hulk movie very clear to me. Comic book meet slow, beautiful haiku. Pretty bird. Oh, pretty bird!"

Edited by Bosco685

On 9/6/2021 at 10:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

Ang Lee's Hulk [rather good film]

And here I thought I was the only one .... many of my favorites were not fan favorites. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... even I didn't care for Man Thing.

I won’t be watching it at the cinema, maybe Blu-Ray?

The aspect I like the most about Shang-Chi in the comics is his strong moral compass, and the way that brought him into conflict with the dictates of his psychopathic, megalomaniac father, Fu Manchu.

If that type of polar opposite character dynamic gets conveyed well in the film, albeit with a different father, I’ll find that interesting.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/6/2021 at 11:53 AM, Scam Likely said:

I can rewatch that desert escape scene with him super jumping into the sky and I’m a kid in the 80’s again reading Hulk comics in the back yard.

Oh yeah!

That tank battle scene was fantastic, too.

Though being familiar with the M1A1 fire control system, when all four fire and only one hits that's a Hollywood miss. Those vehicles are so smooth when you are in one they are considered the master of the battlefield.