• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2021 at 12:24 PM, paperheart said:

review embargo lifted today, could change things but as of now 'stock' predicting: $140-150MM US, w/ $49MM opening weekend

image.png.fb0c297c907ab1c13197be58a23f3159.png

I'd tell my broker to "buy now." I think $49MM is more the second weekend. This one's gonna be a spreader.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

Why is Target and Walmart already discounting these action figures before the film even releases?

Shang_Chi.thumb.jpg.7341b7729e8f54bb90b5d4b0cb5fe554.jpg

:whatthe:

Usually, the figures come out way in advance of the movie, but I guess since this is a largely unknown property, it isn't selling and retailers are clearancing them, since it doesn't look like it's selling. Shame because it looks like the movie is tracking to be a success and kids may be out looking for these afterwards- only to find Katy at Target (that figure is pegwarming everywhere and is probably the worst selling Legends figure of all time). 

On 8/24/2021 at 11:00 AM, Bosco685 said:

Why is Target and Walmart already discounting these action figures before the film even releases?

Shang_Chi.thumb.jpg.7341b7729e8f54bb90b5d4b0cb5fe554.jpg

:whatthe:

They came out ages ago, and have been through a few clearances already. Nothing personal. 

On 8/26/2021 at 7:56 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

They came out ages ago, and have been through a few clearances already. Nothing personal. 

Never noticed the Trolls World neighbor until it was mentioned. That is not normal for Marvel action figures if you stroll through any Target or Walmart store.

That section is quite stocked and limited in sales discounts.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:43 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Why would anyone be surprised that Shang-Chi action figures aren't selling well?

The movie's not out yet.

Kids haven't seen it, don't know who the characters are and have no reason to buy the toys.

Sorry. Which degree and work experience is this now?

:baiting:

On 8/26/2021 at 4:56 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

+1, movie was supposed to be released in Feb, they've probably been on stores shelves since then or before

On 8/26/2021 at 10:20 AM, paperheart said:

+1, movie was supposed to be released in Feb, they've probably been on stores shelves since then or before

Oh that is too cute. Imagine if someone posted that to one of your negative claims about a non-MCU movie?

:roflmao:

My_Disney02.gif.3937b03dac9b59b2d5e734d7aa6e4a4f.gif