• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Theo Holstein Superman #1 on ebay

85 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Looks like preduction (Theo Holstein) is selling a big one. I can't seem to be able to post a link but search Superman #1 by highest price and it pops right up. As always, VERY weird and vastly overpriced "auction". If some one can post the link, please do.

Only worth what he is asking if it includes his mustache and those bikini briefs 

5 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Theo "will pay more for coverless Superman #1 than Action #1." Thus, a reprint of Action #1 pages is worth more than a REAL coverless Action #1. wtf. :shy:

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Yep, preduction is Theo's web-store.  Ya gotta give the man credit for chutzpah.  Keep in mind he has 100% positive feedback and over 1300 transactions.  I don't know how many of those are sales, but he must be doing something right to keep the lights on.  My negotiations with him were reasonable and went smoothly, yet others have told me that he's impossible to deal with.  Go figure.

Pricing? Well, if he can get those prices, more power to him.  Mitchell Mehdy has known him over forty years and can probably share more with folks curious about his collecting and business philosophy.

1 hour ago, Duffman_Comics said:
2 hours ago, Pickie said:

He is creative with all his ads.

He has a certain panache . . .

TheoHolstein_zpsed6dd6b7.jpg

Definitely a classic ad of ALL time that every comic book collector remembers.  :ph34r:

It definitely would not have been the same without that unforgettable once in a lifetime picture that sadly nobody can ever un-see and get out of their mind after seeing it.  :p

Edited by lou_fine

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely a classic ad of ALL time that every comic book collector remembers.  :ph34r:

It definitely would not have been the same without that unforgettable once in a lifetime picture that sadly nobody can ever un-see and get out of their mind after seeing it.  :p

Is that Ron Jeremy I can’t see it in my phone ?  What is that ??  Just as shocking as those prices !  What year was this ??

There's a Superman 1 CGC 8.5 with Moderate Professional for almost less than half what he's asking. I get his is A-4, even though it says Moderate/Extensive, but I mean it seems like a no-brainer that the 8.5 is a much better copy.

Edited by LDarkseid1

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

:p

In the 70s, you could have traded Detective #28 straight across for Detect #27 or Marvel Mystery #2 traded for Marvel Comics #1 per Theo's evaluation of his market value. :idea: