• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,192 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2024 at 7:33 AM, lou_fine said:

Totally understand since I am also clearly sliding down on the far right hand side of the collecting life cycle myself. 

Should we expect to see books from your collection on CC soon?

On 7/2/2024 at 10:25 AM, tth2 said:

I was able to pretty much stop buying comics, but all I ended up doing was redirecting my energy (and money) into OA. :facepalm:

Hahahahaha ......OMG exactly my "problem" as well !!   Is there a rehab for this ?

On 7/2/2024 at 7:27 AM, tth2 said:
On 7/1/2024 at 4:33 PM, lou_fine said:

Totally understand since I am also clearly sliding down on the far right hand side of the collecting life cycle myself. 

Should we expect to see books from your collection on CC soon?

Well, I guess it really depends on your level of patience and your definition of "soon", as you should know that I pretty much went from a state of "purchasing" to a state of "holding" way back in the mid-90's when the price of these GA vintage books got far too expensive for my taste and also for my wallet.  lol  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

If you are thinking of getting your mittens on my uber HG copy of X-Men #1 (the Jim Lee version that is  :takeit:), sad to say, but you just might have to wait a bit longer than you want.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 7/2/2024 at 11:34 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess it really depends on your level of patience and your definition of "soon", as you should know that I pretty much went from a state of "purchasing" to a state of "holding" way back in the mid-90's when the price of these GA vintage books got far too expensive for my taste and also for my wallet.  lol  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

If you are thinking of getting your mittens on my uber HG copy of X-Men #1 (the Jim Lee version that is  :takeit:), sad to say, but you just might have to wait a bit longer than you want.  lol

@lou_fine, I think you should bring back the 90s by selling your collection through an auction by mail—none of this new-fangled internet bidding. You could send prospective bidders a black-and-white catalog with grades and notes but no pictures.

On 7/3/2024 at 1:26 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

@lou_fine, I think you should bring back the 90s by selling your collection through an auction by mail—none of this new-fangled internet bidding. You could send prospective bidders a black-and-white catalog with grades and notes but no pictures.

Now, that sounds like a novel idea to me..............just let me dig out my Overstreet Price Guide from the 90's so that I can figure out the true value of my books to ensure that I won't get ripped off by selling them at too low of a price.  (thumbsu  lol