• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As a kid at Christmas, What toy did you want so bad it kept you up at night? (and did you get it?)
4 4

192 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

It took me a couple years but i finally got one of these and must have played for hours on end - bugger was tough.

MAze.jpeg

lol memory lane, I had one too, odd that my memory says that I immediately took it on a road trip. I must have got it for Christmas and then we headed over to Grandma's for further Christmas shenanigans...

:makepoint: I just remember my mom talking to me and me paying more attention to this marble madness, and her swerving the car so I'd mess up and pay attention to the conversation :roflmao: 

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, Robot Man said:

Man, I’m old. I think I might have got those for my daughter. 

Funny story about the Buzz and Woody toys.  When the toy story movie came out, they were giving away small versions of these "action figures" at Burger King.  My niece had just gotten hers, and was playing with it when a boy walked by with a full size Woody toy.  Of course she yelled out, "Wow!  He's got a BIG WOODY!"

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, George Nussbaum said:

183b38501aeddb9904dfe7ca61620128.jpg

Yes!  This was my dream.  Luckily, at least my brother actually got it, not me.  About 10 years ago, there was an off-brand remake of this and I bought a couple in case the first one broke.  Never saw it again in stores.  Such a cool toy!

Edited by Westy Steve

On 12/24/2018 at 3:02 PM, Norinn Radd said:

Han Solo's blaster.  Never got it. :frown:870ee124c09dd417ad17f06d180b833c-1.jpg.c39f5c638132d912b45f0cd541bb372d.jpg

That was one of my daughter’s favorite toys. I think I bought it for her birthday despite my wife’s whining. No daughter of her was going to play with guns or “war toys”. She ended up making a gun out of LEGO and was the laughing stock of the street. I felt so bad for her, that I got it anyway. She loved it. When she got older I sold all her Star Wars toys and put the money toward a 1968 Karman Ghia but hung on to this one. She doesn’t know I still have it!

8D573A9A-252F-4ED7-9B23-DFDEBCEC0D93.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

We caught a kid doing that with my buddy's bike. We caught him and messed him up pretty bad. "School yard justice"...

I had a buddy in Jr High he saw some brand new boots someone just 'left' in the locker room..  He was so excited they fit him and someone 'didnt want them'.  I was like uhhhhhhhh....  guy he stole em from caught up with him and beat the tar out of him.  My buddy explained he was from 'stockton' and over there if anything was left unattended that meant the person did not 'want it'.....

Edited by kav

7 hours ago, sagekilz said:

Always wanted it.  Never got it.  Am way too cheap to buy it now.

gijoe---1985---aircraft-carrier-uss-flagg-p-image-354586-grande.jpg

I think you were one of many!  It wasn't even something I could pray to own. 

$100+ for a toy in the 80s = not happening in my household. 

Patrick 

13 hours ago, 1Cool said:

It took me a couple years but i finally got one of these and must have played for hours on end - bugger was tough.

MAze.jpeg

we had one when I was a kid-- lots of fun and yes-- very tough to beat.

the other simple fun game we had was this... some refer to it as "shoot the moon"

image.png.90f24f83bd987d9f4a5ea03a1d89f1cb.png