• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As a kid at Christmas, What toy did you want so bad it kept you up at night? (and did you get it?)
4 4

192 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Dang guys! this was 20 years ago. I know lots of you guys are older than me though. I’m 29. Is this more of an old guys thread? 😆

When i turned 30 my girlfriend gave me a cake with a tombstone and vulture on it, enjoy it while it lasts haha

3 minutes ago, Philreal said:

Wanted 'em = yup!

Got 'em = nope! :tonofbricks:

Related image

If only parents understood how traumatic it is not to get something like this.  It can lead to scars and a need to collect, in later years-

1 hour ago, Dan82 said:

SSEGMD001_l.jpg

This badboy! The SEGA Mega Drive! (Genesis to most of you lot) Me and my brother wanted it so much it hurt! Each day felt like a month waiting for the big day when it finally came we were overjoyed to find we had one, and a new (colour) TV too! Fantastic :)

Same here. When I finally opened my Genesis I was so excited my head actually flew completely off my body, spun in 3 circles, and landed neatly back on my shoulders. 

Besides stashing up on videogames, and setting aside the thrill of waiting for my first set of drums, I remember looking forward to this toy the most...

robotix-toy-3.thumb.jpeg.9dac8b1c8bacbbaae4548118ab7c878a.jpeg

Yes I got it. And I loved it! 

6 minutes ago, Philreal said:

Had it, but the excitement didn't last long...lol

Related image

See if producers of that stinker Real Steel had tied Marx in with the movie like the Battleship movie did with Hasbro, they could have cut their overhead!!

Edited by kav

I wanted a skateboard pretty badly. 

Christmas came and went; no board.  Pretty disappointed. 

The next Christmas came and I had a wonderful board under the tree.  Brother got one too.  

That next summer resulted in my father asking why we didn't care about our boards anymore.  Crazy how quickly we move on in our youth. 

Patrick 

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i wanted a mini-bike so bad .. it's not really a toy , and i never got one ... almost feel like going out and buying one right now still lol 

We built our own out of old lawn mower engines we got at the dump. My friend’s dad was a welder so we always had access to frames.

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

That’s a pretty phallic looking robot 

I think that tells us more about you than the robot! 

Best I ever got was one christmas my parents went nuts.  I got a folding top lock desk and a mini TV!!!!  I could watch WHATEVER I WANTED.

Previously I didnt get to watch squat cause older brother ruled TV with iron fist.  For example the first time star trek ever came on I was stunned-what is this???  My brother saw I was interested and immediately changed the channel.