• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As a kid at Christmas, What toy did you want so bad it kept you up at night? (and did you get it?)
4 4

192 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, kav said:

Pocket watch.  For some reason when I was 10 I wanted a pocket watch badly.  Made sure to stare at them in store window so parents got the message.

I wanted one too, my grandad got me, my brother and dad all the same one...

They were inexpensive, but very thoughtful :foryou:

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wanted one too, my grandad got me, my brother and dad all the same one...

They were inexpensive, but very thoughtful :foryou:

It sucks that you all had to share the same watch tho

2 minutes ago, kav said:

It sucks that you all had to share the same watch tho

:baiting:same kind but we each separetely got one...

It had like an embossed cover, with a hunting dog and Hunter aiming at a duck in the sky...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:baiting:same kind but we each separetely got one...

It had like an embossed cover, with a hunting dog and Hunter aiming at a duck in the sky...

Mine was a smooth shiny silver model, brilliant and clear as a bell with 10 year old perfect vision.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Mine was a smooth shiny silver model, brilliant and clear as a bell with 10 year old perfect vision.

I'll admit, that's the kind I had in mind when I mentioned to whomever that it would be cool to have one lol but I hadn't the heart to complain...

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'll admit, that's the kind I had in mind when I mentioned to whomever that it would be cool to have one lol but I hadn't the heart to complain...

Thats why i did all the window staring-I wanted perfect clarity on the model I desired.

I always wanted a Great Garloo ,  still want one.

On anotheer note my dad bought me a Honda 50cc mini bike when I was like 5, and I would scrape the carp out of my legs going up and down the street crashing constantly.  With a proud look on my dad's face. 

Now a days it would be child abuse, but back then it was good parenting, go figure.:roflmao:

Without question a G1 Transformers Soundwave. These happened to be the pre-rubs due to the timing. We had a relative who worked at a toy store so not only did he get a big discount; he was able to actually get his hands on one to purchase. These things would fly out the door in seconds. Not only did I get Soundwave, but that same Xmas a G1 Megatron as well. I was out of my mind with excitement. Could not believe it. A close second would be Xmas of 78 I believe when I got a Star War Death Star Space Station. Shame none of these moments could be captured on video like today. 

The toys from the late 60's/70's/80's were an incredible time period of imagination and creative play.

6 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

On anotheer note my dad bought me a Honda 50cc mini bike when I was like 5, and I would scrape the carp out of my legs going up and down the street crashing constantly.  With a proud look on my dad's face. 

Now a days it would be child abuse, but back then it was good parenting, go figure.:roflmao:

yes now a days your parents would be sent for re education and you would get barbie doll therapy to refocus

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I got a Honda Trail 70 when I was about 7.  My feet didn't even  touch the ground.  lol

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah, kids these days. Sheesh!

And by kids these days you mean PARENTS THESE DAYS

7 minutes ago, kav said:

And by kids these days you mean PARENTS THESE DAYS

Yeah, kids these days have parents over a barrel .

When we were kids we got spanked, time outs , grounded , and chores.

Kids these days seem to know parental laws.Now, now,  now Johnny must not do that.....BS.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah, kids these days have parents over a barrel .

When we were kids we got spanked, time outs , grounded , and chores.

Kids these days seem to know parental laws.Now, now,  now Johnny must not do that.....BS.

I dont buy that.  Parents can easily discipline by taking away electronics.  THEY DONT.

My buddy used to whine about his defiant 15 year old.  I told him take away phone.  He said we cant he needs it for soccer.  HE HAS SOCCER 24 HOURS A DAY?????  

dude wouldnt budge.  Naw, we cant take away his phone-

10 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

SSEGMD001_l.jpg

This badboy! The SEGA Mega Drive! (Genesis to most of you lot) Me and my brother wanted it so much it hurt! Each day felt like a month waiting for the big day when it finally came we were overjoyed to find we had one, and a new (colour) TV too! Fantastic :)

AWESOME! We had "a" color tv, but with only one, lucky enough my mom enjoyed video games..... so she would let us use the game systems a lot, cause she could join in to give advice... she beat quite a few of the classics (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

Thats a start but they need to get to the kids heart and soul-his CELL PHONE.
I'm sure after snivelling a bit that kid got on his cell phone and started texting and playin games.

I've dealt with so many parents.  Kids selling drugs, constant school suspensions, cutting, fights,  still has cell phone tho-