• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Layton taking Co-Creator Credit for Iron Man? Gone too far in my opinion.
3 3

476 posts in this topic

Just now, PopKulture said:

So you think "the shot" is all that impressive in hindsight?? C'mon. 

Like I referenced, you must REALLY be in awe when Durant swishes a three from eight feet behind the line in the finals.  

Craig Ehlo was regarded as one of the premier 2 guard defenders in the league. He was as tall as Jordan, with great wingspan and lateral quickness. Jordan was able to stay in the air longer and with more composure.

But it's not just where the shot was taken, or who was defending, it was the circumstances surrounding the shot. The BIG picture that differentiates Durant hitting garbage time shots, or 3's with his team up 20 or down 20 in any old random game.

People may not remember that Jordan hit TWO shots, with the Bulls down by one each time, in the last 6 seconds of that game.

The last shot of that game wasn't just a buzzer beater. It was a shot that if he made it the Bulls won...the game and the series...and if he missed they lost and went home for the year. 

That was a playoff SERIES ending buzzer beater.

So, yeah, it was REALLY that impressive.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

No, you're wrong... On everything... In this topic...

Yes, I'm wrong - that, when you read everything I've posted, my main contention is Kareem's body of work is more impressive than Jordan's, and that body of work explicitly includes college, when Alcindor WAS the most dominant player in the nation (and likely the world).  Always wrong I am. 

2 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Yes, I'm wrong - that, when you read everything I've posted, my main contention is Kareem's body of work is more impressive than Jordan's, and that body of work explicitly includes college, when Alcindor WAS the most dominant player in the nation (and likely the world).  Always wrong I am. 

What the heck does college have to do with the NBA..?

"Yeah, Alex DeBrincat is one of the best NHLers ever, because he scored 50 goals in Juniors three times!"

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

MVPs > Career Points. 

And thus the decree came down from on high: knowest ye the rank of stats, for it has been rendered unto thee as if carved in stone by the left hand of He who sits on the Throne. 

1 minute ago, PopKulture said:

And thus the decree came down from on high: knowest ye the rank of stats, for it has been rendered unto thee as if carved in stone by the left hand of He who sits on the Throne. 

I don't watch basketball and I know that Jordan is better. That's really all that needs to be said.

Just now, comix4fun said:

20 years vs. 14 years.

1919 pp season vs. 2307 pp season

Super Duper Hard Math.

1560 games = 38,387 points = 24.6 ppg

1072 games = 32,292 points = 30.12 ppg

just to make the Math Super Sick Hard...

6 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Craig Ehlo was regarded as one of the premier 2 guard defenders in the league. He was as tall as Jordan, with great wingspan and lateral quickness. Jordan was able to stay in the air longer and with more composure.

But it's not just where the shot was taken, or who was defending, it was the circumstances surrounding the shot. The BIG picture that differentiates Durant hitting garbage time shots, or 3's with his team up 20 or down 20 in any old random game.

People may not remember that Jordan hit TWO shots, with the Bulls down by one each time, in the last 6 seconds of that game.

The last shot of that game wasn't just a buzzer beater. It was a shot that if he made it the Bulls won...the game and the series...and if he missed they lost and went home for the year. 

That was a playoff SERIES ending buzzer beater.

So, yeah, it was REALLY that impressive.

I think even more impressive than hitting the shot, is that everyone in the stadium and on national TV knew he was getting the ball and he was able to create enough space to get the ball but then to get off that shot with 3 seconds left.

Just now, PopKulture said:

Show me the rebounding averages next.

It was your point about how he was better than Jordan because of points. Don't get salty because you chose the wrong stat. 

8 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I think even more impressive than hitting the shot, is that everyone in the stadium and on national TV knew he was getting the ball and he was able to create enough space to get the ball but then to get off that shot with 3 seconds left.

Yep, he made the shot and he deserves credit, no doubt. 

Edited by PopKulture

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

It was your point about how he was better than Jordan because of points. Don't get salty because you chose the wrong stat. 

No, I was making a point against someone else who is even saltier who throws up opinion posited as draconian fact. See the original inequality.  :foryou:

1 minute ago, PopKulture said:

Yep, he made the snot and he deserves credit, no doubt. 

For someone on the level of Demar DeRozan, he had a nice career, thank god for marketing, right?

1 minute ago, littlebill said:

joseph louis barrow was the greatest heavy weight boxer of all time. but people that are ignorant call ali the greatest 

Ali had a certain level of hype and self-promotion as well as a cultural standing that transcended sports. His reputation benefits from that to this day. 

3 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Ok, now it's your turn to say asiists, then he can say blocks and then you can counter with steals lol

I love KAJ as a player, but it comes down to this for me. He was the best player on his team for two of his championships and Jordan was the best on all six.

I mean, aside from everyone  in Chicago ( :screwy: ) knowing it was really Scottie Pippen who was the driving force.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

Ok, now it's your turn to say asiists, then he can say blocks and then you can counter with steals lol

I love KAJ as a player, but it comes down to this for me. He was the best player on his team for two of his championships and Jordan was the best on all six.

And therein lies the makeweight of your argument.  I think you made it well, and I respect that.