• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,482 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, littledoom said:

4D67052A-DE77-41D9-808E-3D572B1BA875.thumb.jpeg.46c90eec441bab745f2329ecdd78b51a.jpegC68A5408-F8E8-4A24-942A-E11CDBCC719D.thumb.jpeg.fcf919300f8687aa3c3ad40cada23d43.jpegE8B3A189-8648-4648-A7D9-947AB49F5ABC.thumb.jpeg.f5a735f66bdfe859ed4944441dddd12d.jpeg

recent estate sale pick ups

Wow, jackpot! Some money books in there, if you're not keeping them for yourself. 

If IST's schedule is correct, next week is going to be PRICEY. Batman by Morrison Omni 3, Wrath of the Spectre Omni, Wolverine Omni reprint, Green Arrow Longbow Hunters Omni, and Booster Gold Future Lost HC. Geez louise. And I'm running behind as it is. Never picked up House of Mystery 2, which is now sold out at IST, and still need to get the Hellblazer by Ennis and Preacher Omnis as well. It's a golden age of collected editions, but I'm drowning! Halp!

12 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

If IST's schedule is correct, next week is going to be PRICEY. Batman by Morrison Omni 3, Wrath of the Spectre Omni, Wolverine Omni reprint, Green Arrow Longbow Hunters Omni, and Booster Gold Future Lost HC. Geez louise. And I'm running behind as it is. Never picked up House of Mystery 2, which is now sold out at IST, and still need to get the Hellblazer by Ennis and Preacher Omnis as well. It's a golden age of collected editions, but I'm drowning! Halp!

Agreed, next week is a bloodbath. I only want Bat Morrison 3 and Wolverine omnibus. 

5 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Agreed, next week is a bloodbath. I only want Bat Morrison 3 and Wolverine omnibus. 

Those are my priorities, but if I can scratch together the money, I'm getting the others as well. I've spent too much of my "fun money" on back issues, haven't had much left for collections! If I can get over the hump next week, the rest of the year is fairly light for me. Just need the Legion Five Years Later Omni, Justice League International V2, UXM 2 reprint, Excalibur Omni...and I think that's it! Oh, crud, the Absolute Swamp Thing volumes. I missed the first one the first time, not going to miss it again.

Quick heads up, Target is having a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off sale right now, only lasts until 2pm EST. That's only 25% off per item, which isn't great if you're going by MSRP, but for stuff that is already discounted, it's not a bad deal. For instance, they have Batman Morrison Omnibus 3 for $67.99, which isn't as good as it will be at IST next week, but with 25% off if you buy another item, it's not a bad deal. Plus free shipping and an additional 5% off if you're a red card member. Pickings are a bit slim, but there are some decent deals to be had. I prefer the B2G1 sale, but we haven't had one of those in a while. Happy hunting!

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

The Spectre Aparo run is fantastic!

1 hour ago, piper said:

The Spectre Aparo run is fantastic!

I'm really looking forward to it! I've read several random issues, but never the complete run. Should be a great volume.

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Those are my priorities, but if I can scratch together the money, I'm getting the others as well. I've spent too much of my "fun money" on back issues, haven't had much left for collections! If I can get over the hump next week, the rest of the year is fairly light for me. Just need the Legion Five Years Later Omni, Justice League International V2, UXM 2 reprint, Excalibur Omni...and I think that's it! Oh, crud, the Absolute Swamp Thing volumes. I missed the first one the first time, not going to miss it again.

I’m looking forward to Batman by Paul Dini Omni and Batman No Mans Land Omni. A few other smaller collected editions as well... the next Boom Power rangers hardcover comes to mind. And perhaps Jim Lee X Men omnibus reprint.

9 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I’m looking forward to Batman by Paul Dini Omni and Batman No Mans Land Omni. A few other smaller collected editions as well... the next Boom Power rangers hardcover comes to mind. And perhaps Jim Lee X Men omnibus reprint.

Oh, I must have missed the No Man's Land announcement, I'll absolutely need that! I will likely pick up the Dini book at some point, but I have the hc's and trades so am not in a huge hurry. I liked the run but it wasn't a top favorite. Definitely getting all of the Lee and Claremont stuff, but mercifully I think they're not coming until 2021. The wallet can't catch a break!

56 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

odds of HOM Vol2 getting back in stock? 

Like @piper said, it's still in stock at Amazon, Target, Barnes and Noble and other places, but it's close to full retail price, most places selling it at $115-$120. IST's price was $75. I should have jumped when I had the chance. I think DC is generally better about keeping their stuff in print than Marvel, but I'm not sure if this one is truly out of print already, or if maybe the supply chain is moving slow. With COVID, USPS, and all of the other stuff going on, shipping has been sporadic on a lot of books these last few months. Hopefully there are more in the pipeline.

My experience with IST last year... if you want DM variants, jump. They are usually sold out in few hours. Marvel has been good about replacing Omni stock. DC not so good. I missed out on Jonah Hex and had to pay a premium on Amazon. Spectre will be gone fast too, IMO.

EA304187-6794-4D1B-975E-3F25CDB1BBC5.thumb.jpeg.553f1ea677ba4c863b135350da38fd4d.jpeg

Edited by bronze_rules