• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Journey into Mystery 83
1 1

23 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first post here - I was going through our silver age title and realized I had picked this up in the distant past.    note pencil on backJIM83_REV.thumb.JPG.6a1e303d0a3024669984f01c0effbe45.JPGJiM83_OBV.thumb.JPG.fbe8069c892d2a99fb2015392dfe42b4.JPG

all comments/insight appreciated, have not had to evaluate something on this scale before.

JiM83.OBV.JPG

JIM83.REV.JPG

Edited by dogfooddog
duplicate images

2 hours ago, Phill the Governor said:

With a dry clean I'm at a 5.5

On the middle back right cover, is that a horizontal pencil mark or a tear?

thanks to all posters for  replies - 

I had thought this was a deep pencil mark (and it may be anyway) but on the back cover, that  is a slight cut?/tear, goes all the way through the back cover and is about 1cm long.  is visible  on the back page, I did not  see it a few  more pages  into back of book (not 100% sure how many pages it penetrates).

how might this impact grading vs. the thread consensus?

2 hours ago, dogfooddog said:

thanks to all posters for  replies - 

I had thought this was a deep pencil mark (and it may be anyway) but on the back cover, that  is a slight cut?/tear, goes all the way through the back cover and is about 1cm long.  is visible  on the back page, I did not  see it a few  more pages  into back of book (not 100% sure how many pages it penetrates).

how might this impact grading vs. the thread consensus?

With a dry clean I'm at a 5.0 but wouldn't be surprised at a 5.5

Lots of chipping with a dangiing 'chad' but the tear holds it down for me. If the Back cover pencil marks clean up I can see this as high as 5.0. Right now, I am at 4.5 . No big pieces missing, no stains, nice book. 

On 1/25/2019 at 2:25 PM, dogfooddog said:

Hi, this is my first post here - I was going through our silver age title and realized I had picked this up in the distant past.    note pencil on backJIM83_REV.thumb.JPG.6a1e303d0a3024669984f01c0effbe45.JPGJiM83_OBV.thumb.JPG.fbe8069c892d2a99fb2015392dfe42b4.JPG

all comments/insight appreciated, have not had to evaluate something on this scale before.

JiM83.OBV.JPG

JIM83.REV.JPG

I would love to have this book in my collection in any condition!!! Thanks again for sharing it with us.(thumbsu

I think this is in the range of a 3.0 to 4.5...  awesome book and still a good looking copy.  i wish i had it

If it was mine i would not get it pressed/cleaned... Sure you may be able to get rid of some of those flaws but i think its to risky with this grade.. besides a 3.0 to 4.5 will still bring a high dollar amount