• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

A impressive feat and collection.But what is the point if you dont really appreciate the books?It all seems just something to own and brag about.Kinda sad.

Dennis

Where do you get the idea he doesn't really appreciate the books? (shrug)

Listen to his interview with Vincent Zurzolo. The guy loved his books and could talk at length and in great depth about DCs.

I believe him.

:insane:

Seriously it was pretty well accepted by most that he did it. His last issue was a New Adventure #26 or 27 that he paid a ridiculous amount of money for...I remember that being a big dilemma.

R.

Yeah I believe him as well.... he sure has the money to sink a few million in funny books.

I had a brief email correspondence with him after he completed the collection and one of the Brits here on the boards went over to snap some pics of his collection.

Some of the pics were made in Ian's LCS where he put his most prized books on the shelves (hence the action figures in the pics)

Somewhere in the thread he said he didn't know how many issues were in the collection. How could you not know that number if you were putting together a complete collection of all DCs? I guess if you focused on completing each title individually, but still seemed a little odd to me.

Where did he come up with the list? Is there an accepted comprehensive list of DC's?

A impressive feat and collection.But what is the point if you dont really appreciate the books?It all seems just something to own and brag about.Kinda sad.

Dennis

Listen to his interview with Vincent Zurzolo. The guy loved his books and could talk at length and in great depth about DCs.

I never heard that interview.It was just a feeling I got.If I had that collection I would be on sharing and talking about it a lot.I dont rember Ian ever posting on here since ive been posting.

Dennis

Somewhere in the thread he said he didn't know how many issues were in the collection. How could you not know that number if you were putting together a complete collection of all DCs?

Probably a combination of the fact that there were so many books and the number kept increasing every month with all the new books coming out, which would be an irregular number each month.

Dennis

I never heard that interview.It was just a feeling I got.If I had that collection I would be on sharing and talking about it a lot.I dont rember Ian ever posting on here since ive been posting.

Dennis

Thats because this board did what it's fantastic at... taking the royal out of people, and not much else.

He took off long ago, as he could never get a half sensible thread going without some mess-for-brains doing their usual attention whore routine.

MK, no jab at you here, though were part of the gathering of town fools who wlecomed Dave Anderson onto the boards, your innocent here. (thumbs u

I've seen the collection of Ian's and it is impressive. And for those who've had a small inkling of his personality you will know, not a book was left off. I recall one of the particularly tricky one was a Dragonlance annual, #2. The guys knowledge was verging on encyclopedic.

And yes there was the qudos for himself in acheiving what many have tried, and not succeeded in. He even knew who, and what books they were missing doh!

As usual here, it's a lot of people second guessing something they know little or nothing about. meh

Stace,

I'm going to agree and disagree with you here.

Ian did complete the entire back catalogue of DCs, and those who would like to dispute the fact are doing so simply because the challenge seems almost impossible. As for what's involved, there are a few folk who have the same goal and there is a well-spring of knowledge in that small circle. They know what's involved and who's got what, and who's missing what. Just because we here don't, doesn't make it impossible that somebody else does. Would it surprise you to know that this is the 2nd time that this feat has been achieved?

As to how Ian was treated, I'm sorry but he brought every bit of hurt upon himself. He was entirely dismissive and disrespectful of everybody and everything around here...unless you had a book, or a lead on a book, he needed. Then he was your best friend.

Until he got the book.

Then you were a again. (thumbs u

Stace,

I'm going to agree and disagree with you here.

Ian did complete the entire back catalogue of DCs, and those who would like to dispute the fact are doing so simply because the challenge seems almost impossible. As for what's involved, there are a few folk who have the same goal and there is a well-spring of knowledge in that small circle. They know what's involved and who's got what, and who's missing what. Just because we here don't, doesn't make it impossible that somebody else does. Would it surprise you to know that this is the 2nd time that this feat has been achieved?

As to how Ian was treated, I'm sorry but he brought every bit of hurt upon himself. He was entirely dismissive and disrespectful of everybody and everything around here...unless you had a book, or a lead on a book, he needed. Then he was your best friend.

Until he got the book.

Then you were a again. (thumbs u

Which is exactly why when the Double Action 2 came up, I advised my friend sell it to the highest bidder instead of selling it for a "bargain" to Ian... ahhhh... the infamous wheels are in motion thread.