• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Posthumous Stan Lee marketing tweet?

17 posts in this topic

441536435_stanleetweets.png.e564ca8724d55e68e7c600a55fd5271f.png

Not sure how I feel about this... Stan got used and abused by others late in life, so anything close to the continuation of it is poor, but he was a salesman first and foremost during his life, so I think he might be loving the posthumous hype man role...

What say you? Poor taste (that's where Im leaning)

5 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

441536435_stanleetweets.png.e564ca8724d55e68e7c600a55fd5271f.png

Not sure how I feel about this... Stan got used and abused by others late in life, so anything close to the continuation of it is poor, but he was a salesman first and foremost during his life, so I think he might be loving the posthumous hype man role...

What say you? Poor taste (that's where Im leaning)

Hard to say, I m conflicted like you. I do think he would appreciate still being the "hype man".  His likeness still being linked to all things Marvel, where even the next generation of kids will know who he is.  That said it seems like a cheap marketing ploy.  

I'm not a fan.  Of course I want to see his legend live on but not like this.  Honoring him with things like the Stan Lee CGC label (Sadly, no longer available) etc is a better way of paying homage.  I think it would be very cool if Disney had a statue of him in the park with the characters he created...  Thats the type of recognition he deserves.

Apparently his named twitter account is part of his company, which is still a viable business so they get to use his account going forward I guess? 

It's one thing when its a business, but Stan's a person and I get that the person is tied to the company, but no one is saying that his company twitter account has to go away, just the guys personal twitter account should be allowed to pass away with the person... 

Im still worried about anything that stan agreed to later in life (like posthumous use of his twitter) because I've never been comfortable with how he was managed/cared for in those later years...

I'm hoping he agreed to film a bunch of cameos that can be inserted in future movies.

Ps I hope the movie is not another "kick-*spoon* chick" thats all we see any more.  A more human character like wonder woman would be nice.

13 minutes ago, kav said:

Ps I hope the movie is not another "kick-*spoon* chick" thats all we see any more.  A more human character like wonder woman would be nice.

I saw the movie on Tuesday.  It's.... not good.  As my brother put it as we were walking out.  "I'm glad to see Marvel can F up a Superman Movie just as good as DC".

3 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:
17 minutes ago, kav said:

I saw the movie on Tuesday.  It's.... not good.  As my brother put it as we were walking out.  "I'm glad to see Marvel can F up a Superman Movie just as good as DC".

Spoiler Alert! lol jk did you see it as a pre-screen?

I'm seeing it in an hour, hoping that it isn't too meh 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Spoiler Alert! lol jk did you see it as a pre-screen?

I'm seeing it in an hour, hoping that it isn't too meh 

Yes.  I mean Sam Jackson is good.  There are fun parts to it.  it's not like OMG rip your eyes out.  It's just not that good.

7 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

I figured it would suck bad-too many red flags.

You know a movie's bad when the reviewers go ga ga and the audience hates.  Mostly reviewers look for SJW points not plot.

Screenshot 2019-03-08 at 11.06.44 AM.png

1 hour ago, Cliff R. said:

Well, I heard Stan say in an interview that "after I'm gone, I don't care" (or words to that effect).  I'm sure he doesn't care about earthly things now, but that tweet bothers me.

What's next? A CGI Stan in a cameo in the new movies?

I've read that they pre-filmed cameos.

2 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

Well, I heard Stan say in an interview that "after I'm gone, I don't care" (or words to that effect).  I'm sure he doesn't care about earthly things now, but that tweet bothers me.

What's next? A CGI Stan in a cameo in the new movies?

Stan and 2pac performing at Coachella this year 

Kind of creepy.  A tweet (from my understanding ¬¬ *sarcasm*), is a real time statement with a date stamp, offering an observation/rant/musing  from the person. 

If you are dead-mort-toast-deceased- your Twitter account would not be accurate.