• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I beat that Mephisto drum about as loud as anyone here. At this point in the story, to bring in Mephisto or some other big bad character to affect the story might be a literal Diabolus ex Machina. After Ep 8, I think this is a story about Wanda's grief and her powering up with multiple parties wanting to exploit that grief and power up, including Agatha and Heyward. If a big bad does come in at the last minute, it might be more of epilogue event (not necessarily a credits scene) who takes advantage of the chaos that's about to ensue.

Yep that does seem likely.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I have to admit I got kind of goose bumps with Agatha's last line and the implication that the name Scarlet Witch is more than just a name.

I kept meaning to post it--and maybe someone else did and I forgot--but this is the first time the MCU has ever used that name before.  She's always called Wanda in every film, and Pietro is never called Quicksilver.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I kept meaning to post it--and maybe someone else did and I forgot--but this is the first time the MCU has ever used that name before.  She's always called Wanda in every film, and Pietro is never called Quicksilver.

Oh, except they are called that in the credits for the films, just double-checked that by watching the acting credits for Age of Ultron.  But it's the first on-screen reference.

Edited by fantastic_four

48 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I've always appreciated that the Avengers call each other by their first names and not their made up names. It's more realistic. They're friends, or at least all familiar with each other, so they should talk to each other as such.

1 hour ago, bpc3qh said:
1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I have to admit I got kind of goose bumps with Agatha's last line and the implication that the name Scarlet Witch is more than just a name.

It's a title. I think it's fantastic--a way to introduce it into this world organically.

Thinking back to the 1693 scene, all the witches were blue energy, Agnes had purple... and it was implied at the end of the show that the "Scarlet Witch" was a legend that no one thought was real.  How old of a legend?  Pre-1693?

Just now, valiantman said:

Thinking back to the 1693 scene, all the witches were blue energy, Agnes had purple... and it was implied at the end of the show that the "Scarlet Witch" was a legend that no one thought was real.  How old of a legend?  Pre-1693?

Reasonable to think that, yeah. Medieval Europe has plenty of legends about witches/witchcraft, no doubt some of them migrated to the New World with Agatha's coven.

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

The whole Vision thing still has me confused.  Wanda being able to re-create a sapient synthezoid's body and mind makes almost no sense.  ???

A sapient synthezoid is probably somewhere on the "creation scale" between twin humans with powers and breakfast for dinner.

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Back to the days of the Scarlet Letter and ol' Hester Prynne cir 1650.

Is the MCU suggesting that all powers are always connected to the infinity stones?

If so, powers (powered sentients) go all the way back in time - well before 1693, or even the Earth itself, for that matter.

Mutants at any point in history, previous Scarlet Witch(es), whatever "superhero" story you want to tell.

I thought that the last episode where they kept saying "It's been Agatha all along" actually meant, it was Agatha...who knew?

I googled Ray Fiennes and Marvel and they kept popping up with the Avengers, with him and Uma Thurman.

I would say that Thor had it pretty bad, he lost his people, his parents, his brother AND an eye...which often makes me wonder how he  flies with limited vision.

As for "White Vision" ...I KNEW I should have taken that Ph.D. Marvel course...now I have to go find out who White Vision is/was..maybe. 

Edited by skypinkblu

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Back to the days of the Scarlet Letter and ol' Hester Prynne cir 1650.

I mean, there's a famous English poet who was writing about witches a century before Agatha, and it's not like he came up with the idea himself.

Chaos Magic Is Key to Scarlet Witch's Power in WandaVision

Purple = Dark Dimension Magic
Orange = Sorcerer Magic
Red = Chaos Magic
Blue = Witch Magic

So, what exactly is Chaos Magic?

Before we get too deep into the Marvel Comics explanation of Chaos Magic, let's look a bit deeper into what we've already seen within the MCU. Because there has been a good bit of magic already shown in the 23 films and now 1 Disney+ series of the universe so far.

Let's first consider the different colors. Agatha's magic, as we've seen in Episodes 7 and 8, is purple. We can consider that dark magic. Magic from the other witches—the Salem witches who attempted to hold Agatha accountable in 1695—was blue. The magic we've seen Doctor Strange use (in Doctor Strange, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame) has always been orange. We can think of this as sorcerer magic, as it matched the magic used by his companions such as Wong and The Ancient One. The magic Wanda uses, in turn, has always been red. Has she always used Chaos Magic? Sure seems that way.

Chaos Magic is actually not something exclusive to the Marvel world. As the Fandom page states, it generally allows those who use it to claim "mastery of spells capable of warping, manipulating and/or reconstructing reality and the very fabric of existence, and can cause total chaos and destruction to the cosmos." In addition to the Marvel Comics version of Wanda/Scarlet Witch using it, characters such as Ethan Rayne on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Bill Cipher on Gravity Falls are known to use it.

46 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

As for "White Vision" ...I KNEW I should have taken that Ph.D. Marvel course...now I have to go find out who White Vision is/was..maybe. 

It's from West Coast Avengers #45.  The main pages covering it are below.  The first two are pages 7 and 8 where Hank Pym describes his efforts to fix Vision and why he had to remove Vision's skin, and the second two are pages 12 and 13 where Pym describes why his emotions/soul are gone.  His consciousness came from Wonder Man and was integrated into Vision by Ultron without his permission, and most of the rest of the issue is Wanda trying to convince Wonder Man to voluntarily allow Hank to re-integrate a copy of his mind into Vision because Wonder Man doesn't want to do it.

ot4EF_XqENHV2MwdAIXJWnMP9Z93Rqdn2b2kPYjsggCk9d6bbRDjD3HfP8sIHkzXZtib-y-aHB-P9E3zO4Jy_rx9izu7FeFq2ne11Uvgqd1BL2EmxEaqeZEhgWpvUJgfXVLooNw7-g=s1600 rQoXYI-uODSZXA8BVY5LOSlCWCMI2Dd3ep2dv1zP00zayYkTQHU9U9BAR2yHrYmMQL1lBexwqw2wWgKvaRNqzItnV4m0Qd-BNvgb_tNQwxkFUFXTgTZup_ZCK2RmQE8cCZ9KA7pBFw=s1600 wmKZzFT4nIBCgho6F3XroUnED1KfNRcwct9QZkNnnRd00nNh89g_F8r-335PvLA-XIPZMSRdbpTAK7NdifhEJAO2mCp-vVLbjP90xTk9Or8afWEbHKWRkRQXZKpbGoZZMwEJbCodxQ=s1600 Ky_k_JBHApof9Iwv0yLSQaQRjaonqol1JYKvVDjugrbO3B_A2hmQNzxot4Gj-YxCaZeTRb9OLow0hynSnw7NAqx-B6OAg77oTnlshsXysbAOnhHf6S-UOWMWYuLCxJwBgmKQCzo9HA=s1600

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

It's from West Coast Avengers #45.  The main pages covering it are below.  The first two are pages 7 and 8 where Hank Pym describes his efforts to fix Vision and why he had to remove Vision's skin, and the second two are pages 12 and 13 where Pym describes why his emotions/soul are gone.  His consciousness came from Wonder Man and was integrated into Vision by Ultron without his permission, and most of the rest of the issue is Wanda trying to convince Wonder Man to voluntarily allow Hank to re-integrate a copy of his mind into Vision because Wonder Man doesn't want to do it.

ot4EF_XqENHV2MwdAIXJWnMP9Z93Rqdn2b2kPYjsggCk9d6bbRDjD3HfP8sIHkzXZtib-y-aHB-P9E3zO4Jy_rx9izu7FeFq2ne11Uvgqd1BL2EmxEaqeZEhgWpvUJgfXVLooNw7-g=s1600 rQoXYI-uODSZXA8BVY5LOSlCWCMI2Dd3ep2dv1zP00zayYkTQHU9U9BAR2yHrYmMQL1lBexwqw2wWgKvaRNqzItnV4m0Qd-BNvgb_tNQwxkFUFXTgTZup_ZCK2RmQE8cCZ9KA7pBFw=s1600 wmKZzFT4nIBCgho6F3XroUnED1KfNRcwct9QZkNnnRd00nNh89g_F8r-335PvLA-XIPZMSRdbpTAK7NdifhEJAO2mCp-vVLbjP90xTk9Or8afWEbHKWRkRQXZKpbGoZZMwEJbCodxQ=s1600 Ky_k_JBHApof9Iwv0yLSQaQRjaonqol1JYKvVDjugrbO3B_A2hmQNzxot4Gj-YxCaZeTRb9OLow0hynSnw7NAqx-B6OAg77oTnlshsXysbAOnhHf6S-UOWMWYuLCxJwBgmKQCzo9HA=s1600

Never read this, but it's giving me a real Watchmen vibe...

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Maybe Dottie as Yellow Witch Arcanna will join the fray and it'll be like a Power Ranger witch battle next week.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Someone has to get those kids out of those purple ropes. But why would she be there is we aren't merging multiverseseseseses

And while it seems a pipe dream (I own no Defenders 112s, so I have no horse in the race), if Agnes came to Westview because she "sensed" some crazy arse magic going on, why wouldn't Arcanna (or Clea, who looks a lot more like Dottie, but doesn't have the "Jones" name to throw us off) have also sensed it? .. albeit across multiverses (or dimensions). She has no drivers license... it just may be that going into Wandaworld messed up her head more than Agnes who maybe went into it more prepared/cast some spells or is just more powerfull? With that said, Wanda is no longer trapped by runes, so she might be able to take Agnes on herself? It does seem to me that introducing Clea makes more sense than Arcana if we are going to lead into a Dr. Strange movie with all of this.

on  the other hand, monica is out there somewhere, she could blast agnes and distract her long enough for wanda to do something. with that said, if the explanation for monica getting "powers" is her passing through the energy wall a couple of times I am going to be really annoyed.

Edited by the blob