• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

Have to say I'm not happy with Agatha being the big bad. Why would they deviate from the comics with this when everything else is fairly consistent? 

I think and hope that next week we'll see that Agatha is trying to bring the Scarlet Witch out of Wanda to protect the kids somehow , maybe from someone we don't see. 

Or maybe Dr Strange will come save Wanda and next time we see Agatha she'll come good?

The weekly format has been fantastic. I've spent more time thinking, reading and watching videos about this series more than anything else Marvel have done. 

Wonder if Falcon and Winter Soldier will do the same or reverts back to a simple spy thriller? Either way, really looking forward to it. 

So with the orange essence emanating from the book in the basement, does that confirm it is the lost book hinted in the Doctor Strange movie? Reminder:

So then this lead to the assumption Doctor Strange will appear to recover the book.

7 hours ago, jcjames said:

While Hahn's performance is a high point, just one more episode to tie up the dozens and dozens of very real and lasting questions that were sloggingly dragged through these eight episodes - not to mention the tons of easter eggs purposefully dumped into every episode that all point... nowhere?

More likely they point to resolution in future films.

6 hours ago, nmtg9 said:

Have to say I'm not happy with Agatha being the big bad.

Then it's time to get happy because she's not the big bad--unless you can tell me one bad thing she did.  I can't count anything she did to constructs Wanda may have created like Vision, Tommy/Billy, or Sparky because I don't understand what those things even are yet.

Edited by fantastic_four

45 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Then it's time to get happy because she's not the big bad--unless you can tell me one bad thing she did.  I can't count anything she did to constructs Wanda may have created like Vision, Tommy/Billy, or Sparky because I don't understand what those things even are yet.

If Ep 9 is the finale, then this is it, I think. There is no big bad pulling the strings over Wanda. As Monica said, it's all Wanda. Agatha and Heyward are more minor antagonists and are just looking to exploit the situation. I think to bring in somone like Mephisto now would diminish what I think Marvel is setting up, powering up Wanda into an MCU version of (Dark?) Phoenix, the Scarlet Witch. I mean, once Wanda gets unleashed she's going to make mince meat out of Agatha. That leaves Heyward and his weaponized Vision.

As for what's going on in Westview, here's what I think at least until next Friday. The Westview Vision is what's left of the original Vision's conscious. I think Wanda, who is linked with the Mind Stone, internalized Vision's conscious into herself when she killed him in Infinity War. He became a part of her and then I think it got regurgitated out when Wanda had her breakdown at their new home. I posted this theory earlier and I liken it to the Vulcan mind meld Spock did with Dr McCoy before Spock sacrificed himself in Star Trek Wrath of Khan. This actual conscious of the original Vision is inhabiting a body of Wanda's own making. Perhaps this conscious can somehow transfer over to Heyward's MechaVision later, hopefully.

I think Tommy and Billy are real. In the comics, Wanda did it with unknown help from Mephisto. Here, she probably just did it herself she's that powerful.

Sparky was just a transmutation from something. I think it was a drone, which is why it caused the outlet to spark in that earlier episode. I think Sparky comes back to life and becomes the family pet once this whole thing is settled.

I still want to know what was the reason for the WandaVision broadcast and who was it meant for.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

7 hours ago, JazzMan said:

The more I get into Wandavision, the more this has become more and more relevant.  This is ultimately filled with a lot of insight into this series and into the future of the character.

A very telling video. And a nice way to walk viewers through a character's history.

10 hours ago, Cozmo-One said:

I really enjoyed this episode, thought it was great to have an emotional backstory prior to the final episode.  I've rather enjoyed all the discussions and guesses/speculations every week; at the very least I've learned a LOT of comic book story history from people here and certain reaction video channels.

I thinking the big reveal will not be Dr. Strange, but the TRUE friend of Monica who shows up next week.

k81plk20cej61.jpg?width=879&auto=webp&s=10a50adf586955422542c70b5e806a4ab3b0abce

(stolen from Reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/WANDAVISION/comments/lr8uln/the_big_reveal_we_deserve/)

:roflmao::applause:

Luis showing up telling his dastardly plan like only he can.

11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

@Bosco685 is correct. 

I missed his post... sorry there. 

746975485_ScreenShot2021-02-26at8_16_01PM.thumb.png.68247c34680bd92957b2a554b5bbbcc3.png60080916_ScreenShot2021-02-26at8_18_42PM.thumb.png.84d6c9fcaca4831b358e3d95a18e0fcb.png

Knowing the magic colors relate to set themes, there is even the rumor who Agatha gained her powers from.

Even though WandaVision managed to answer plenty of questions with its most recent episode, the show introduced a much larger part of the mythos that likely won't be examined that much further during the events of the Disney+ show. That mythos, of course, is the origin of Agatha Harkness (Kathryn Hahn) and the coven she belonged to some 350 years ago. Since WandaVision only has one episode left, there's surely not enough to cover the dozens of outstanding questions on the magic front — that's why we're going to try to make ends meet here.

As seen right away at the beginning of the episode, Harkness is taken to the stake to be held accountable for her actions of dabbling in dark magic. That dark magic connection quickly explains why Agatha's skillset manifests itself as purple powers while the other members of the coven have powers that are blue in color.

We know now that WandaVision will tie directly into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and if you think about the Doctor Strange franchise, we've already seen one sorcerer dabble in dark magic. While Kaecilius (Mads Mikkelsen) didn't conjure purple powers, the otherworldly being he worshipped did.

During Strange's battle against Dormammu through all of time, the ruler of the Dark Dimension exhibited the ability to project purple blasts and magics. Sooner or later, we know Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) will get involved with Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen).

Nobody is the least bit concerned about Heyward? He doctored the tapes to start a war on domestic soil, he's shown time and again he doesn't value human life, he's rebuilt the Vision into a not so sentient killing machine, and somehow he knew Wanda could bring things back from the dead? How would he know that? Shes never shown that power before so why goad her into trying to do it with Visions corpse? Who put the deed in Wanda's car? Clearly someone who knew she'd be visiting SWORD that day. There's more to him than meets the eye. I'm not saying anyone's theories are gonna pan out at this point because I think it's a lot less complicated than we all wanted to believe, but I think Heyward is still in this for a good reason.

23 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think Tommy and Billy are real. In the comics, Wanda did it with unknown help from Mephisto. Here, she probably just did it herself she's that powerful.

I posted these pages from Avengers West Coast #52 a few weeks ago--they weren't real in the comics, they were the same sort of magical construct by Wanda we now know Vision to be in Wandavision.  Wanda provided the bodies, and fragments of Mephisto's soul provided them with souls/sapience.  Later in the story Mephisto re-absorbed the fragments of himself that gave them their souls, and their bodies were absorbed bizarrely as the arms and hands of one of Mephisto's minions the Avengers fight in the story.  They were later re-introduced as Wiccan and Speed, but they weren't Wanda's children, they were someone else's and explained to be reincarnated versions of Wanda's creations.  How that works I have no idea.  :insane:

Maybe they will do the same thing here with Wanda creating the bodies and (fill in mystical being here) granting them souls, maybe they won't.  Let's say Wanda IS creating their souls/sapience in the MCU--she's definitely not producing and broadcasting Wandavision.  We've all laid out hypotheses for that, and I'm sure one or some mix of them is true, but Wanda's not doing that.

ig5kcvEMMfxs-WExuYul7awKJbpBG2_-gQlHEzRD mGMm92BbVfXJqvYd7R2itDBygy4_A-iBMe7i-KNI

Edited by fantastic_four

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Knowing the magic colors relate to set themes, there is even the rumor who Agatha gained her powers from.

It's unclear that she would necessarily have to serve Dormammu to draw power from the dimension he's all-powerful within.  Kaecilius willingly served Dormammu in the Doctor Strange movie, but I never heard it established that he had to do so to draw his magic from there.  Certainly Agatha's "mother" and her coven believed that was unavoidable, but Agatha thought she could still be good.  They could write that any way they want, so we'll see.

3 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Nobody is the least bit concerned about Heyward? He doctored the tapes to start a war on domestic soil, he's shown time and again he doesn't value human life, he's rebuilt the Vision into a not so sentient killing machine, and somehow he knew Wanda could bring things back from the dead? How would he know that? Shes never shown that power before so why goad her into trying to do it with Visions corpse? Who put the deed in Wanda's car? Clearly someone who knew she'd be visiting SWORD that day. There's more to him than meets the eye. I'm not saying anyone's theories are gonna pan out at this point because I think it's a lot less complicated than we all wanted to believe, but I think Heyward is still in this for a good reason.

Oh, I definitely think there is further story to be told here.

Heyward.jpg.7f7c5b7dd4f47ac3c50a802c05fefd62.jpg

• Misguided folks that Wanda stole Vision's body
  • Tried to kill Wanda via drone when he had the chance
  • Powers up the White Vision as a controlled weapon

Definitely not a bit player

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

It's unclear that she would necessarily have to serve Dormammu to draw power from the dimension he's all-powerful within.  Kaecilius willingly served Dormammu in the Doctor Strange movie, but I never heard it established that he had to do so to draw his magic from there.  Certainly Agatha's "mother" and her coven believed that was unavoidable, but Agatha thought she could still be good.  They could write that any way they want, so we'll see.

Agreed. It can go down different paths for sure. Time will tell.

But knowing the MCU likes to link events over time this could be a big reveal if Doctor Strange shows up and determines where the source of all the evil originates from.

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I posted these pages from Avengers West Coast #52 a few weeks ago--they weren't real in the comics, they were the same sort of magical construct by Wanda we now know Vision to be in Wandavision.  Wanda provided the bodies, and fragments of Mephisto's sould provided them with souls/sapience.  Later in the story Mephisto re-absorbed the fragments of himself that gave them their souls, and their bodies were absorbed bizarrely as the arms and hands of one of Mephisto's minions the Avengers fight in the story.  They were later re-introduced as Wiccan and Speed, but they weren't Wanda's children, they were someone else's and explained to be reincarnated versions of Wanda's creations.  How that works I have no idea.  :insane:

Maybe they will do the same thing here with Wanda creating the bodies and (fill in mystical being here) granting them souls, maybe they won't.  Let's say Wanda IS creating their souls/sapience in the MCU--she's definitely not producing and broadcasting Wandavision.  We've all laid out hypotheses for that, and I'm sure one or some mix of them is true, but Wanda's not doing that.

ig5kcvEMMfxs-WExuYul7awKJbpBG2_-gQlHEzRD mGMm92BbVfXJqvYd7R2itDBygy4_A-iBMe7i-KNI

Good stuff. It's also clear to me, too, that Marvel Studios is definitely deviating from the comics which is a good thing. Many of these stories from decades ago are a bit dated in their sensibilities. I think WandaVision is about empowering Wanda now. Why make another patriarchal omnipotent being be the raison d'etre of everything again? I think this fits with the more progressive direction the MCU seems to be taking in Phase Four. When I beat that Mephisto drum incessantly, it wasnt because I wanted to see the character, I thought that because of the panels you just posted, that's the comics story. Again, I think Marvel is deviating from this story. That's why I think Tommy and Billy are real and are here to stay.

I'm happy to have just caught-up on this great thread.  

It was a really fun episode. I'll rewatch again later today.

I think I'll rewatch Dr Strange & Age of Ultron, too. I only saw them once each in the theaters because they felt so flat. Maybe a second viewing will prove them improved.  

Agatha continues to be my sweetheart of the year.  <3

29 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Nobody is the least bit concerned about Heyward? He doctored the tapes to start a war on domestic soil, he's shown time and again he doesn't value human life, he's rebuilt the Vision into a not so sentient killing machine, and somehow he knew Wanda could bring things back from the dead? How would he know that?

I don't think he did know that.  Heyward's motivations seem explained in full now by his desire to turn Vision into a weapon.  He tried to kill Wanda to free Westview's citizens, and I doubt he had any idea she would throw his drone back at him charged with her hex powers that he's now apparently channeling into Vision to animate him.  He lied about Wanda stealing Vision, but all governmental investigative agency heads lie when it's needed to protect their assets...I LIKE him lying, it seems more realistic.  I haven't seen him do anything yet that's more evil than the things someone like J. Edgar Hoover did as head of the FBI.

That whole thing with the drone being charged with chaotic energy seems dumb on multiple fronts at first glance.  I really hate the mix of science and magic, and funneling magic into an android to make it work is breaking the part of my brain that likes to make sense of the world.  :insane:

Edited by fantastic_four

Just now, TupennyConan said:

I think I'll rewatch Dr Strange & Age of Ultron, too. I only saw them once each in the theaters because they felt so flat. Maybe a second viewing will prove them improved.  

This is the one MCU film I saw at a 3-D theater where it was so very much worth the additional ticket expense. The colors just enhanced the overall wild experience seeing one of my favorite Marvel characters on the screen.

It just didn't fit the traditional MCU superhero mold, so didn't land massive results. Yet it honored so much of the character lore.