• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

I think I'll rewatch Dr Strange & Age of Ultron, too. I only saw them once each in the theaters because they felt so flat. Maybe a second viewing will prove them improved.  

I felt the same way about both after a first viewing, but I recently re-watched both and enjoyed them MUCH more this time.

Going back to what Shuri was doing with Vision's memories in Infinity War, is that not going to eventually play out in some way? To have Shuri make a difference to save Vision was the entire reason the Avengers went to Wakanda and the reason for those scenes. To have done all that and not have it pay back somehow is slightly less than great storytelling IMO. I've accused the Russo Brothers of having plot holes and inefficient scenes in their Marvel films before and this would be another one if what Shuri did makes no difference at all and doesn't turn up somehow here.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Going back to what Shuri was doing with Vision's memories in Infinity War, is that not going to eventually play out in some way? To have Shuri make a difference to save Vision was the entire reason the Avengers went to Wakanda and the reason for those scenes. To have done all that and not have it pay back somehow is slightly less than great storytelling IMO. I've accused the Russo Brothers of having plot holes and inefficient scenes in their Marvel films before and this would be another one if what Shuri did makes no difference at all and doesn't turn up somehow here.

We were hypothesizing a few weeks ago that's how they'd bring Vision back, because Shuri saved his mind off to disk before she started operating on it.  But that wouldn't explain how Vision is sapient in Westview, so maybe it's just going to be what you laid out, that his consciousness is somehow stored in Wanda.

I mean Shuri tried, but she just ran out of time and Thanos won.  That story could easily just end there, but maybe she did save his mind.

17 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

I think I'll rewatch Dr Strange & Age of Ultron, too. I only saw them once each in the theaters because they felt so flat. Maybe a second viewing will prove them improved. 

Age of Ultron benefits being tied to this great series we've all been watching. AOU, when it first came out and even after repeat viewings, was a bit all over the place for me. The dialogue was okay but not great, certainly not as sharp as Joss Whedon's first take on the Avengers. I thought the Avengers going back and forth to Sokovia and all the long drawn out battles started to get a little boring. I thought it was inefficient storytelling with all the going back and forth. With the first Avengers, it was a lot more simple, direct, and moving forward which I preferred. Ultron, a favorite villain of mine from the comics, also just didn't seem as menacing in the movie as he was in the comics. Maybe too much James Spader intellectual robot and not enough the Dalek-like crazy screaming Ultron that I remember.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Do we know if Shuri was dusted by the snap?  If so, not much time has passed from her perspective since she was operating on Vision's brain.

I'm getting the Wakanda Files book she wrote, and if the films didn't address whether or not Shuri was blipped I'm sure that book does.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Do we know if Shuri was dusted by the snap?  If so, not much time has passed from her perspective since she was operating on Vision's brain.

I'm getting the Wakanda Files book she wrote, and if the films didn't address whether or not Shuri was blipped I'm sure that book does.

That's a good point. We didn't see her get snapped. I figured since we saw Okoye zoom calling in to Avengers HQ with Natasha that it was all Okoye, but we don't know what members of the royal family stepped in to rule in place of T'Challa or if they became more of a Republic or whatever.

2 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

Did Agatha say you are A Scarlet Witch or THE Scarlet Witch? Was it an indefinite or definite article?  

"The" Scarlet Witch, definite article.  Coincidentally I had the show up in another window and had just watched that scene again moments before you typed the question.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:15 AM, TupennyConan said:

When everyone is super, no one will be. 

My lady friend recalled this line from the Incredibles as we watched E7 & I expressed my curiosity over Monica's powers.

It's like the necessary narrative deck-clearing or spring-cleaning of 'No more mutants.'    

The idea of the barrier empowering Monica irritated me, obviously.

Perhaps, as the past dialogue retrospective all the way to childhood in the scene suggested, the barrier potentiated or activated what was already present in Monica aka her congenital mutation. 

29 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

this is totally the way they are going, now with white vision. I imagine white vision will be the one we are left with at the end of wandavision as he is the vision and the thing we have been watching is a construct created with chaos magic. White vision will have no personality, no "life" and the Avengers (whomever that is now) will seek to add the shuri info to make their friend whole.

I'm sure someone has answered this already but..... When Wanda's red hex magic exploded in the creation of Westview, red washed over everything except one thing..... Vision.  His creation had no red in it whatsoever (I'm writing this from memory so maybe I am wrong). 

So..... what does that mean?  When she "killed" him in Wakanda maybe she pulled out, and stored a copy of him within her?

Edited by gadzukes

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I'm sure someone has answered this already but..... When Wanda's red hex magic exploded in the creation of Westview, red washed over everything except one thing..... Vision.  His creation had no red in it whatsoever (I'm writing this from memory so maybe I am wrong). 

So..... what does that mean?  When she "killed" him in Wakanda maybe she pulled out, and stored a copy of him within her?

This is a theory I also posted earlier. We'll see. I like Bird's idea above, too, that maybe what Shuri saved in Infinity War could also be programmed back into Vision. Maybe with all that combined we can get back a 75% Vision, though I really like the Westview Vision a lot.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

6 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

A fantastic scene

17 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

This is a theory I also posted earlier. We'll see. I like Bird's idea above, too, that maybe what Shuri saved in Infinity War could also be programmed back into Vision. Maybe with all that combined we can get back a 75% Vision, though I really like the Westview Vision a lot.

Or maybe...... when she connected her powers to him in trying to remove the MindStone.... that link up allowed HIM to send a copy of himself into her

Maybe Vision downloaded himself into Wanda when she linked to him.  Maybe it's what HE did and not what SHE did.

Edited by gadzukes

During childhood I worried over the source of superpowers & the one-of-a-kind natures of the heroes. Was HULK really the strongest if all it took was being caught in a gamma bomb explosion? Can anyone go meet the ancient one and become the next Sorcerer Supreme? Or were these folks predisposed to become heroes from the start? This idea would suggest that all four members of the FF were mutants, unlikely as only 2 were consanguine. Regardless, it would be krappy if that spider could just go around biting everyone & creating a legion of spider-folks.