• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Is the MCU suggesting that all powers are always connected to the infinity stones?

If so, powers (powered sentients) go all the way back in time - well before 1693, or even the Earth itself, for that matter.

Mutants at any point in history, previous Scarlet Witch(es), whatever "superhero" story you want to tell.

she was a "baby witch"... which kind of implies some folks are born with powers that they can then enhance and cultivate ... or if they don't, they fade away...

no explanation as to why pietro had powers, but perhaps also he had something there genetically and they also made him touch an infinity stone

Is Wanda a mutant after all?

Agatha says the Mind Stone enhanced in Wanda what would have died on the vine. Is she saying that Wanda was born with the ability to wield magic? We see young Wanda reaching out to the Stark missile as if she's going to disarm it, which is what Agatha assumes she did.

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Is Wanda a mutant after all?

Agatha says the Mind Stone enhanced in Wanda what would have died on the vine. Is she saying that Wanda was born with the ability to wield magic? We see young Wanda reaching out to the Stark missile as if she's going to disarm it, which is what Agatha assumes she did.

she is  born with something, oterwise the stone would have killed her like everyone else

4 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

It's safe to say Magneto won't be the father in the MCU.  

who says? both those kids are very attractive, mom was too, dad not so much. who knows if 10 years earlier mom had an affair with a travelling magnet salesman?

1 hour ago, adampasz said:

So where does she fit in?

lsh-white-witch.jpg

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Chaos Magic Is Key to Scarlet Witch's Power in WandaVision

Purple = Dark Dimension Magic
Orange = Sorcerer Magic
Red = Chaos Magic
Blue = Witch Magic

Is that the mix of Scarlet Witch and Zatanna?

Wanda Zatara (Earth-9602)

Magic (supernatural)

White magic has traditionally been understood as the use of magic for selfless or helpful purposes

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I place little value on the thoughts and opinions of one who 'measures' the grief of one person against the grief of another.  We are really measuring up the grief and survivor's guilt of one fictional character versus another?  Thor should be grieving more than Wanda?  

Let's measure this up against real life.   Is the loss of someone's mother more "traumatizing" than the loss of a brother or sister?  Is the loss of a group of neighbors in a fire more traumatizing than the loss of a single friend in a car accident.  Who the hell is anyone to "measure" someone's grief? 

I remember when someone said something like that once.  He told the grieving sister that she should move on and get over it since her brother was on this Earth for fewer years than he had been married to his wife who had passed. 

That man was a real life troll.  What happened to him?  He was so disliked that when he passed, he was buried in an unmarked grave.  No name on a stone, nothing.  He was a real life troll, and people were glad to see him gone. 

Post of the year.

35 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

Post of the year.

It was a thoughtful post, if not slightly confusing. A real life troll as in a creature who lives under a bridge and demands toll? Is this a fable? And who gets buried in an unmarked grave these days? I know that many slaves in our country’s history were sadly often buried in unmarked graves and Potter’s fields. 

What did Agatha do for her coven to attempt to burn her by the stake?

Seems she had gained a power that she knew nothing about & couldn't control. However, that power saved her life & destroyed the other witches!

Why no explanation of what happened there? What has she been doing all these years? (Hahn is a joy to watch  in this role BTW! )

How did the deed to the house Vizh left her end  up on the passenger seat? How did Wanda not know about it if it was in her car?

How has it been  "Agatha all along". if Agatha doesn't know how it started ?

If Agatha was all powerful in her basement, why would she leave to go on the street to confront Wanda? 

7 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

What did Agatha do for her coven to attempt to burn her by the stake?

Studied and practiced what her "mother" described as the darkest of magics.

I put mother in quotes because Agatha didn't seem to care much about her dying.  Maybe she was just an extraordinarily tough and uncaring mom...

Can anyone make the case that Agatha has done anything at all antagonistic?  I can't identify anything at all yet that's definitive.

If you assume those are real kids she seemed to be pretty tough on them at the end, but in the comics Wanda is not the direct mother of Wiccan and Speed and the twins she thought were hers turned out to not be that at all, so that may be the case here as well.  Seems more likely they're the same sorts of constructs that the Westview version of Vision is.

Edited by fantastic_four

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Studied and practiced what her "mother" described as the darkest of magics.

I put mother in quotes because Agatha didn't seem to care much about her dying.  Maybe she was just an extraordinarily tough and uncaring mom...

I understand why she was being punished, what I mean to say is what specifically did she study that was forbidden & why did it sap the lifeforce of the coven seemingly without Agatha's knowledge?

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It was a thoughtful post, if not slightly confusing. A real life troll as in a creature who lives under a bridge and demands toll? Is this a fable? And who gets buried in an unmarked grave these days? I know that many slaves in our country’s history were sadly often buried in unmarked graves and Potter’s fields. 

A family member.

I don't think you really owed any more answers than that. 

22 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

I understand why she was being punished, what I mean to say is what specifically did she study that was forbidden & why did it sap the lifeforce of the coven seemingly without Agatha's knowledge?

The color of her magic seemed different than the color of the magic of the rest of the coven so maybe it is a light side vs dark side jedi type of magic.