• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

White people are born and live in Africa, so there is no difference.

wildly_fanciful_statement.

How many times is Charlize Theron referred to as African-American in mainstream press articles?

Just because she is one doesn't mean the phrase carries the same cultural nuance when applied to her.

Black Panther needs to be portrayed by a black actor; however, Superman or Flash (or Nick Fury) do not need to be portrayed by white actors.

Similarly, Danny Rand needs to be white; were he portrayed by a Chinese actor, the character loses a fundamental aspect of his character. 

Edited by Gatsby77

13 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

Where are you or any other moderators when its the same problematic board members over and over again?  Sent you a DM a while back and never received a response.

So you vehemently object to Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Will Smith as Deadshot, Jessica Alba as Sue Storm, Keanu Reeves as Constantine?

Or that the Battlestar Galactica reboot had the audacity to make Starbuck a woman?

Edited by Gatsby77

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

wildly_fanciful_statement.

How many times is Charlize Theron referred to as African-American in mainstream press articles?

Just because she is one doesn't mean the phrase carries the same cultural nuance when applied to her.

Black Panther needs to be portrayed by a black actor; however, Superman or Flash (or Nick Fury) do not need to be portrayed by white actors.

Similarly, Danny Rand needs to be white; were he portrayed by a Chinese actor, the character loses a fundamental aspect of his character. 

I think that miscasting dishonors the source material across the board. Cherry-picking characters would be biased. 2c

19 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I don't answer questions about how other people are moderated.  I suggest using the ignore function.  The current path will lead to time off.  

The ignore option is not helpful when other people quote the person you ignored and you have to continue to see their ignorance.

13 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

So you vehemently object to Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Will Smith as Deadshot, Jessica Alba as Sue Storm, Keanu Reeves as Constantine?

Or that the Battlestar Galactica reboot had the audacity to make Starbuck a woman?

I don't object to any of those.  Did you misquote me?  I agree with your last couple of posts and I was talking about the other problematic member.

8 hours ago, jcjames said:

MTV still exists!?? hm  xD

Good for Kathryn Hahn. But I think the Queen's Gambit actress did a much better performance than Olsen.  

MTV..... :roflmao:

23 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

MTV Awards have meant nothing for 2 decades. lol

The Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards is where it is at!

chrispratt_kevinwinter.thumb.jpg.e1482d982fda6f4255b916ea9a8bdd00.jpg

10 hours ago, jcjames said:

MTV still exists!?? hm  xD

Good for Kathryn Hahn. But I think the Queen's Gambit actress did a much better performance than Olsen.  

MTV..... :roflmao:

Throwing out my predilection for superheroes, The Queens's Gambit was easily one of the best shows I have watched in the past year.

9 minutes ago, drotto said:

Throwing out my predilection for superheroes, The Queens's Gambit was easily one of the best shows I have watched in the past year.

Ditto.

My top 5 - in order:

1) The Queen's Gambit

2) Mare of Easttown

3) The Queen - Season 4

4) WandaVision

5) Riverdale, Season 1 (played catch up during quarantine, but that show was *far* better than it had any right to be)

I know this is very old and harkens back to episode 2 of this show. I know it was a massive nod to Bewitched, but the charity magic show, and the "drunk" magician was actually taken directly from an early episode called It's Magic (s01e16).  I was a massive fan as a kid despite it being before my time, but just stumbled on it in my recent boredom.  

I know old news, maybe already mentioned, but fun.

Edited by drotto

Throughout the nine episodes of WandaVision, Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) kept an entire town of New Jersey residents under her sway. Within "The Hex" she established around Westview, the Scarlet Witch served as the puppet master to hundreds, if not thousands, of residents. Olsen herself says the character's actions were criminal, and she'll most certainly be on the run by the time we see her next.

"Like, she just did something that makes her a criminal. So, in my mind, the next step in her life is this new sense of identity, of knowing the acts that she committed and her own accountability of it," Olsen said on the latest episode of Vanity Fair's Little Gold Men podcast.

That's when the actor added that she feels like she needs to be on the run, thanks to the involvement of SWORD and other governmental agencies.

"All these big trucks are coming in and all these military men and women are coming into assess the situation, and she flies away," Olsen continued. "Like, she needs to escape, or she's going to get in trouble, and she doesn't wanna get in trouble. And so she went away with her grief and her shame and is now... I didn't think of her as... I don't think of her being in that home in the tag, she is at peace but she now, for the rest of her life, hiding."

She should be considered public enemy number one in the MCU. She is a mass slaver, kidnapper, rapist, and now fugitive. She should be in the Raft for the remainder of her days.   

On 6/10/2021 at 12:09 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Ditto.

My top 5 - in order:

1) The Queen's Gambit

2) Mare of Easttown

3) The Queen - Season 4

4) WandaVision

5) Riverdale, Season 1 (played catch up during quarantine, but that show was *far* better than it had any right to be)

Great - except for the last episode. All the 'feelings' stuff ruined it.

Could have all been tied up in the episode before.

Besides that - top class show.