• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

Emmys voters didn’t adore “WandaVision” as much as the rest of us did.

While the Disney Plus series from Marvel Studios took home three awards at the Creative Arts Emmys last weekend — for production, costume design and music — the MCU series was completely shut out of the Primetime Emmys, which were held in a tent in Los Angeles on Sunday night. Fans and critics alike loved the inventive show this past winter, in which Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen) eventually faced her grief from losing Vision (Paul Bettany).

“WandaVision” winning no major awards Sunday night, after receiving 23 total nominations, proved to be the biggest snub of the show. The series was predicted to win at least two awards for acting: both Kathryn Hahn and Bettany were heavily tipped as favorites in their categories for limited series drama.

Although I didn't care for the end, it did deserve better than this.

The problem is what winning show would you take from?

On 9/20/2021 at 7:37 PM, Bosco685 said:

Although I didn't care for the end, it did deserve better than this.

The problem is what winning show would you take from?

I think Elizabeth Olsen deserved the Lead Actress win.

Overall, I thought Mare of Easttown was a better *show* but Olsen's acting - especially episode-to-episode, was phenomenal.

It's a credit to the streaming services not only that they cleaned up but also that the "Outstanding Limited our Anthology Series" was more competitive than the regular "Drama" category.

Honestly, choosing a "best" among Anya Taylor-Joy (The Queen's Gambit), Olsen (WandaVision), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You) and Winslet (Mare of Easttown) is really tough.

The silver lining? It doesn't matter that the other three didn't win - their respective performances made each of them a star.

On 9/20/2021 at 10:34 PM, piper said:

Ted Lasso deserved to win

So agree!

I am now on S2 E9 and the entire show is such a positive story throughout about people growing as individuals and as a team. And they take the time to give everyone screen time. Including with 9 Coach Beard.

:banana:

On 10/11/2021 at 12:48 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Ugh 3100 posts

So was this good or what. I was never a fan of The Beaver, so getting my head around the time period is difficult 

It was great. You gotta see it. Read along with the thread to follow all the theories in 'real time.' It was tons of fun for me.    

On 10/11/2021 at 11:05 AM, TupennyConan said:

It was great. You gotta see it. Read along with the thread to follow all the theories in 'real time.' It was tons of fun for me.    

The biggest hurdle for me is that I don't have much experience with the core content. I don't know Scarlett Witch or Vision very well, so I imagine the shows nuances will be lost on me 

Edited by Dr. Dank

On 10/11/2021 at 1:10 PM, Dr. Dank said:

The biggest hurdle for me is that I don't have much experience with the core content. I don't know Scarlett Witch or Vision very well, so I imagine the shows nuances will be lost on me 

Stop fretting. Start watching. :foryou:

So at the end, is that a Kree or a Skrull (I missed that storyline as well)

Looks like Wanda is definitely tied in for Doctor Strange, another hero I don't know much about, but his portrayal by Benedict Cumberbatch has me really getting into the character. I picked up a Doctor Strange 1 at the local con.

Any recommendations on Strange are welcome, and has Scarlet Witch crossed over with him? I've seen him in Spiderman, but nowhere else.

I know Kang is going to be the next "super villain" but who from the Strange section are we going to meet? Mephisto? I felt Doromammu was only a cameo.

Guess the next logical step is to watch Loki for clues.

I am a bit disappointed that Wanda isn't portrayed as Magnetos daughter.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, Dr. Dank said:

So at the end, is that a Kree or a Skrull (I missed that storyline as well)

Looks like Wanda is definitely tied in for Doctor Strange, another hero I don't know much about, but his portrayal by Benedict Cumberbatch has me really getting into the character. I picked up a Doctor Strange 1 at the local con.

Any recommendations on Strange are welcome, and has Scarlet Witch crossed over with him? I've seen him in Spiderman, but nowhere else.

I know Kang is going to be the next "super villain" but who from the Strange section are we going to meet? Mephisto? I felt Doromammu was only a cameo.

Guess the next logical step is to watch Loki for clues.

I am a bit disappointed that Wanda isn't portrayed as Magnetos daughter.

Skrull 

On 10/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Early guesses are Mordo, Nightmare, or Shuma-Gorath. Could be saving Mordo and Dormammu for DS3.