• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think if Mephisto is introduced in the MCU, one would think it'd be an updated modernized movie Mephisto and not necessarily the traditional archaic version from the comics with the bare chest and loin cloth. It's the devil, full of all the knowledge and vices of modern civilization and then some. If Loki, the Asgardian God of Mischief, can be a modern hip kind of guy, how much more Mephistopheles?

Excellent point, I hadn't thought of that but I agree entirely.  Wanda making a deal with the devil to get Vision back makes a ton of sense.

15 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Arnim Zola checks all the boxes too.  But he was in Winter Soldier, and last we saw he was destroyed.  Plus he lacks the sense of humor we're seeing in the Wandavision ads.

My question(s) would be:

Is the hex-bubble and associated issues a result of Wanda alone, and her somewhat selfish actions to re-activate the Vision?

If not, was she 'pushed' in this direction by someone/something? And from there, it's who - and why.

4 minutes ago, adampasz said:

MCU has Space Gods, Future Tech AIs, Magic, Time Travel, and Alternate Dimensions all in play. So pretty much could be anyone. (shrug)

No, no, no. Only fancasting expectations can be right. (:

8 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

None of the Marvel TV shows are MCU canon. Consider Marvel TV to be an alternate universe.

SHIELD is happening in the world with the movies. It is referencing events in the movies. It has multiple characters in the movies and the show played by the same actors. Lady Sif, played by the same actrerss as in the Thor movies, shows up on earth and hangs out with Coulson while dealing with some undercover Kree! They are watching the events of Age of Ultron on TV while it is happening! ... at least through season 3 it seems pretty apparent that they are a sideshow to the movies...don't spoil the rest for me if that disconnects!!! (OK, I will admit that SHIELD does deviate from the movies a little at this point because Nick Fury is not out and about on the show, while he is in the movies)  I know, the Netflix world is different, maybe, though they also refer to the events in the movies, so, while not cannon per se, the Netflix shows exist in a world where all the events of Avengers 1 occurred at the very least and we have a Spiderman swinging around the city. And, frankly, nothing really happened in them that has any impact on any of the Marvel movies timelines or plots. Hellcat is sent to the Raft at the end of Jessica Jones, which does seem to imply some connection to the MCU as well.

update: ok, sorry, i see others pointed this out

Edited by the blob

16 minutes ago, adampasz said:

MCU has Space Gods, Future Tech AIs, Magic, Time Travel, and Alternate Dimensions all in play. So pretty much could be anyone. (shrug)

Maybe it's Howard the Duck.  Or Spider-Ham!  :insane:

The pool is deep, but thrusting a power or skill set on a character who has never displayed it at all in the comics isn't something I've seen Feige do.  His modus operandi seems to be stick to the character as they were in the comics as much as you possibly can, but go with the best ideas about that character if they changed over time.  And if there's something about the character that needs updating, do it.  Such as how therealsilvermane suggested they're unlikely to use Mephisto as he originally appeared in the comics, they would modernize him and make him more convincingly realistic.

So given that Feige wants to stick to the comics as much as he can I don't think the pool is that deep for who can re-create Vision's mind.  That's why I'm trying to brainstorm the list of candidates.  As an example High Evolutionary could be involved, but I can't imagine he re-created Vision.  His expertise is genetics, not AI and computer tech.

Edited by fantastic_four

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Maybe it's Howard the Duck.  Or Spider-Ham!  :insane:

The pool is deep, but thrusting a power or skill set on a character who has never displayed it at all in the comics isn't something I've seen Feige do.  His modus operandi seems to be stick to the character as they were in the comics as much as you possibly can, but go with the best ideas about that character if they changed over time.  And if there's something about the character that needs updating, do it.  Such as how therealsilvermane suggested they're unlikely to use Mephisto as he originally appeared in the comics, they would modernize him and make him more convincingly realistic.

So given that Feige wants to stick to the comics as much as he can I don't think the pool is that deep for who can re-create Vision's mind.  That's why I'm trying to brainstorm the list of candidates.

Well, I have been accused of being a "mysetrian", so there you go. :/

It would be fun to compile a full list of possibilities, and give them odds...

Since they already brought Pietro in -- and they keep referencing the older files, like with Lagos Paper Towels -- it makes sense that the villain is somehow tied to Wanda's back story too. So Zemo, Strucker, Zola, Ultron, or maybe some combination working together is a good theory. 

Edited by adampasz

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

The Marvel television shows from Netflix as well as Agents of SHIELD are supposed to be MCU canon, but there wasn't crossover probably because of the feud between Feige who ran the films and Perlmutter who ran the shows.  The shows referenced events from the movies, but I don't think any of the films ever referenced the shows.  The references in the shows were usually quick and in passing, or they were just easter eggs in the backgrounds of scenes.  The only one I remember for now is a Daredevil episode mentioning the Chitauri invasion of New York from the first Avengers film.

I'm sure Feige will mostly forget the shows since they were mostly produced separately from his own MCU planning.  There could be a few elements he will pull in.  We do know they're pulling in Charlie Cox to play Daredevil in the next Spider-Man film.

Or maybe just Matt Murdock as it sounds like Peter may need a lawyer....

(Let's hope it is better than the time Daredevil teamed up with the Hulk to defeat the Kingpin in that great made for TV movie from the 80s...)

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

Or maybe just Matt Murdock as it sounds like Peter may need a lawyer....

(Let's hope it is better than the time Daredevil teamed up with the Hulk to defeat the Kingpin in that great made for TV movie from the 80s...)

I don't know man I think this 1970s Dr Strange really blows the new one out of the water...20210205_130352.thumb.jpg.496b6b9c8ea609585589221047b4b9b7.jpg

Why did SWORD have Vision's body? They weren't trying to "weaponize" him themselves were they? And if so, did Wanda rescue his body from that, in a sense? And why did Agent Tyler Heyward (sp) rush to take out Wanda? He definitely has something up his sleeve.

Whatever's going on inside Wanda's head, she's still a hero and good at heart.

14 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Why did SWORD have Vision's body? They weren't trying to "weaponize" him themselves were they? And if so, did Wanda rescue his body from that, in a sense?

What else would they do with the body?  I just assumed they were keeping it for study.

14 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

And why did Agent Tyler Heyward (sp) rush to take out Wanda? He definitely has something up his sleeve.

Yea I agree.  Maybe he created a fake witness in their systems located in Eastview (assuming that's the real name of the town instead of Westview), made sure the FBI followed up on it, and Woo was assigned to do it, didn't know what to do, so he asked for SWORD assistance.  He wanted cover to have a legitimate reason to come in and kill Wanda without blowing his cover, but failed.

Him being HYDRA makes sense for all of that, except why all the HYDRA references in the commercials?  Who's inserting those?  If it were Mephisto, why would he care about HYDRA at all?

Edited by fantastic_four

21 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Why did SWORD have Vision's body? They weren't trying to "weaponize" him themselves were they? And if so, did Wanda rescue his body from that, in a sense? And why did Agent Tyler Heyward (sp) rush to take out Wanda? He definitely has something up his sleeve.

Whatever's going on inside Wanda's head, she's still a hero and good at heart.

I thought the same thing when that came out: what were they looking to do with his body leading to forcing Wanda's hand to recover it?

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I thought the same thing when that came out: what were they looking to do with his body leading to forcing Wanda's hand to recover it?

I mean their acronym starts with sentient weapons in this iteration so who's more of a sentient weapon than Vision? Certainly seems like the aptly named government organization to take control of the situation. (shrug)

5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

So we knew this was coming from leaks, and now we've seen it so it's time to ask--why was Fox Quicksilver in this episode?  I'm glad they at least had Darcy note that they "recast the part" within the narrative because if she hadn't said that it's possible we were supposed to think as fans that was supposed to be her reincarnated dead brother played by a new actor.

He shows up as appearing in one episode in the IMDB credits.  I don't know if he showed up there before today, but I watched the episode an hour after it was released and he was in the credits then.  I kind of doubt they updated them overnight, but who knows, maybe they did.  I'm guessing they had a set of core characters that weren't surprises that they released episode info for, but the surprise characters probably aren't in the credits for now.

My greatest hope is that they pull Michael Fassbender in as Magneto.  He's not the right age at 43 to be the dad of Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson who are both around 31, but that's a plus and they can easily age him up a bit with minimal makeup.  We already know they're pulling Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool from the Fox films, so also pulling Fassbender isn't a stretch.  He played the part perfectly, and it's difficult to imagine them casting the part much better.

Wanda is 26 if you have her at 31 in the present day. She was dust in the phantom zone or whatever for 5 years. Fassbender could easily be 50 and her dad. 

5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I forgot about Agent Carter.  I never saw it, nor Agents of SHIELD.  So aside from quick references in the Netflix shows we have Carter and Fury in those shows, Coulson in Agents of SHIELD, and I've heard Sif was in Agents of SHIELD as well.  Were there other crossovers from the films?

Does Agents of SHIELD take place before the events of the first Avengers film?  I just realized the show started after he supposedly died.  Anyone like this show?  I didn't watch it because I was never an Avengers fan growing up, and didn't really start feeling like a fan until a year after the first film came out.  But SHIELD still didn't interest me, and it still doesn't fully, but I'm far more interested now than I was when the show was actually airing.

It is fine. They had to figure out a way to stretch out plots for 20 or whatever episode seasons of a nearly hour show, so there is a lot of forced confluct and cliche, but it moves along, at least thus far

16 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

I mean their acronym starts with sentient weapons in this iteration so who's more of a sentient weapon than Vision? Certainly seems like the aptly named government organization to take control of the situation. (shrug)

Oh, I get that. But even with Wanda being dusted in Infinity War...

...would the remaining Avengers just allow an organization to take his body off the battlefield rather than they collected it up? Even with the logical assumption an organization like SWORD would review his body as a weapon created by Ultron.

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

OK, I Googled this and I see they resurrected Coulson and that's why he's on the show.  :eyeroll:

And that's just another reason I'm sure Feige has avoided having anything about the Perlmutter shows in the films...I can't imagine him doing something that hokey and probably did a face palm when he heard Perlmutter was going to let it happen.  Comic book characters never really dying is one of the biggest eye-rollingly-bad elements in the history of the medium.

The resurrection has a 2 season fallout on the show. .. it has big ramifications.

18 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Good point. Vision is the definition of a "sentient weapon", from a certain point of view.