• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think a lot of the mystery was answered this episode. Vision is indeed sentient and it appears to be him, he just has no memories prior to Westview. Everything inside the Hex is really happening. It's not an illusion. Most of the Westview residents are victims of the Hex as we're told through Norm.

However, according to everyone except Wanda, this is all Wanda's doing. According to Wanda, she's only partially responsible. That's the mystery for me now, is it all Wanda or someone/something else?

clearly Agnes has some control over things, at least her own role in it

Then there's the other small handful of shows that don't quite fit elsewhere, Cloak and Dagger, and Runaways. Cloak and Dagger is really ambitious for a young adult show. It hits some serious themes like mental illness, murder, drug abuse, and human trafficking. It's a VERY slow burn through most of the first season, but I dont think it kills it, and when they start using their powers more frequently things get going. Season 2 is far superior with a lot of cool action sequences and set pieces and a decent villain. There are direct references back and forth between it and Luke Cage season 2 on Netflix. Runaways is good, it definitely plays like a teen drama. The ensemble cast is decent, and in the third season theres a crossover with Cloak and Dagger, so that's a bonus. There's also a connection to Agents of Shield, so it really ties all the shows together. 

Lastly there's Helstrom which got abandoned, so everyone says it doesn't count. I enjoyed it and if the rest of the horror based shows for Hulu hadn't been scrapped it would've collided and connected with all the other Marvel tv shows too.

-----

One of these days I will watch Cloak & Dagger. I tried episode 1 and fell asleep. I'm not sure i can do multiple seasons of RUnaways though. I like Hellstrom thus far. I am about half way through. I am pissed off my wife refuses to watch it because it is based on a comic book when it is in line with Supernatural and a million other shows she enjoys. Sticking it off on Hulu was dumb. I know they wanted to bolster Hulu, but Disney+ was content deprived already. If they had put it on Disney+ it wouldn't have been cancelled. Yes, it is a slow burn. Was it considered to gorey and scarey for Disney+?

I dropped out of Legion after 4 episodes. I tried watching it again the other night, but fell asleep again. I didn't think it was bad, per se, just a tough watch late at night.

Edited by the blob

"But I think he hex-bubble has torn a hole in reality or weakened the barriers, and now we're getting a bleed-thru - ergo 'New Pietro!'"

She cannot reanimate the dead (vision being a synthroid is another story), but she can pluck a multiverse version of the dead and suck him into her's, apparently. 

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Oh, I get that. But even with Wanda being dusted in Infinity War...

..would the remaining Avengers just allow an organization to take his body off the battlefield rather than they collected it up? Even with the logical assumption an organization like SWORD would review his body as a weapon created by Ultron.

Well since you linked the footage I'll add it is of note that when Hayward is talking to Monica after she's unsnapped in the last episode he says they've moved from space exploration to AI, drones, etc. So after Thanos crushes Vision Sword recovers his body and changes their entire ethos because of his acquisition to study and replicate his internal structures and processes.

19 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Well since you linked the footage I'll add it is of note that when Hayward is talking to Monica after she's unsnapped in the last episode he says they've moved from space exploration to AI, drones, etc. So after Thanos crushes Vision Sword recovers his body and changes their entire ethos because of his acquisition to study and replicate his internal structures and processes.

34 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Good point. Vision is the definition of a "sentient weapon", from a certain point of view.

But at that point there were Avengers and half of Wakanda's forces still present. So to assume an outside organization just showed up to Wakanda to collect up Vision's body - and they didn't also go after the rare resource protected by the locals - that seems overly selective. But that's just me.

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

One of these days I will watch Cloak & Dagger. I tried episode 1 and fell asleep. I'm not sure i can do multiple seasons of RUnaways though. I like Hellstrom thus far. I am about half way through. I am pissed off my wife refuses to watch it because it is based on a comic book when it is in line with Supernatural and a million other shows she enjoys. Sticking it off on Hulu was dumb. I know they wanted to bolster Hulu, but Disney+ was content deprived already. If they had put it on Disney+ it wouldn't have been cancelled. Yes, it is a slow burn. Was it considered to gorey and scarey for Disney+?

C&D is slow, like really slow. I can understand how it may not be for everyone. It takes until episode seven or eight to really pick up, but after that point continuing through season 2 I think it competes with the Netflix shows from a storytelling standpoint. In my personal opinion it ranks up there with Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Helstrom was canceled and abandoned because it was the last thing Jeph Loeb put out before Kevin Feige took over Marvel TV and he wanted a clean break from everything Loeb did. That's why the other Hulu shows that were announced like Gabriel Lunas Ghost Rider and the other two unnamed shows Loeb had planned for his "Adventure into Fear"-verse and the animated shows like Dazzler and Tigra, Hit Monkey, Howard the Duck and the crossover the offenders were all canceled 

44 minutes ago, the blob said:

Wanda is 26 if you have her at 31 in the present day. She was dust in the phantom zone or whatever for 5 years. Fassbender could easily be 50 and her dad. 

Of course, magneto would be in his late 80s if not early 90s now. so sir ian looks the right age, but not to be their father (I guess anything is possible, of course). otoh, who says magneto ages like a normal human, so why not fassbender?

Given that Agnes is seemingly somewhat aware of what is going on and is not under complete Wanda-control (if at all), my theory is this..... Agnes (Agatha) meets Wanda post End Game. Perhaps Wanda becomes interested in magic, maybe at a grief counseling group, who the heck knows. And Agnes/Agatha helps her to manifest her powers to create her happy reality and gets sucked into it. Which is sort of House of M, kind of. And maybe there is Mephisto working behind the scenes with Agnes, I dunno. And yeah, Mephisto is not going to be played by a red creepy guy. We might see a 1 second flash of that, but they'll have a creepy looking actor playing him. That's my guess. Unless Loki is just messing with everyone.

As for who our braniac scientist is. my guess is Reed Richards. He can pretty much do anything, Stark is dead, and I don't see them bringing Banner into the show. This is the slow burn for getting other Marvel properties into the MCU.

14 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But at that point there were Avengers and half of Wakanda's forces still present. So to assume an outside organization just showed up to Wakanda to collect up Vision's body - and they didn't also go after the rare resource protected by the locals - that seems overly selective. But that's just me.

I wonder if the surviving Wakandans knew Vision was constructed from illegally obtained Vibranium? If so, that might've mattered regarding who took possession over Vision's body. If not, it's very possible that the government-friendly Sokovia Accords following survivor Avengers like Stark, Rhodes, or Romanoff gave Vision's body to the U.S. government for safe keeping.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I wonder if the surviving Wakandans knew Vision was constructed from illegally obtained Vibranium? If not, that might've mattered regarding who took possession over Vision's body. It's very possible that the government-friendly Sokovia Accords following survivor Avengers like Stark, Rhodes, or Romanoff gave Vision's body to the government for safe keeping.

That could be a possibility. They knew the android body could be a danger in the wrong hands. So I wonder later if Wanda will realize this and then feel like they betrayed her by turn over Vision's body like that.

We do have 4 episodes remaining. They could plug this in.

It looked like Vision had been disassembled in the video footage we saw, and it’s also been five years since his corpse became available (only a week or two for Wanda, but five years for SWORD). I do not expect Wanda to have been the one to consciously raise him from the dead; I can’t get over how unnerved she was by the flash of Vision’s lifeless body in the last episode--it’s as if that was intruding on her reality.

Edited by bpc3qh

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If not, it's very possible that the government-friendly Sokovia Accords following survivor Avengers like Stark, Rhodes, or Romanoff gave Vision's body to the U.S. government for safe keeping.

Why would you give anything to the government for "safe keeping"?  That may have played back in the 40's and 50's but I think now-a-days the "average joe" is too jaded to go along with that reasoning.

In the MCU we saw in the Winter Soldier that the government was infiltrated at all levels by HYDRA.  In Iron Man 2 we saw Tony Stark refuse to give his armor tech to the government, so I don't see him turning over "his son/creation" to them.

24 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Why would you give anything to the government for "safe keeping"?  That may have played back in the 40's and 50's but I think now-a-days the "average joe" is too jaded to go along with that reasoning.

In the MCU we saw in the Winter Soldier that the government was infiltrated at all levels by HYDRA.  In Iron Man 2 we saw Tony Stark refuse to give his armor tech to the government, so I don't see him turning over "his son/creation" to them.

Another great series of points.

:applause:

36 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Rhodes and Romanoff were government sanctioned Avengers, so they're basically the government. Apparently, Maria Rambeau helped form SWORD and was probably the director at the time Vision's body might have been handed to them. I imagine she was considered trustworthy by Nick Fury and co.

11 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Rhodes and Romanoff were government sanctioned Avengers, so they're basically the government. Apparently, Maria Rambeau helped form SWORD and was probably the director at the time Vision's body might have been handed to them. I imagine she was considered trustworthy by Nick Fury and co.

Maybe.  However I personally would not be satisfied with that.  I cannot imagine the remaining living Avengers just "forgot" about Visions body, but at the same time I just feel a "hand it over to the government" excuse is lame as well.  I am going to hope they address it one way or the other because it is kind of a big issue.  How did the Vision go from laying dormant/dead in a jungle in Wakanda to being disassembled in a government lab?

Edited by media_junkie

6 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think a lot of the mystery was answered this episode. Vision is indeed sentient and it appears to be him, he just has no memories prior to Westview. Everything inside the Hex is really happening. It's not an illusion. Most of the Westview residents are victims of the Hex as we're told through Norm.

However, according to everyone except Wanda, this is all Wanda's doing. According to Wanda, she's only partially responsible. That's the mystery for me now, is it all Wanda or someone/something else?

Wanda saoid flat out she didn't know how it started.  Still say Mastermind could have been the beginning not realizing how powerful Wanda really was...now it's all her.