• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Cozmo-One said:

I was waiting for the "sha-la-la-laaa".  Also had a "Sit, Sparky, sit" line said by one of the twins, which I think was similar to the end of Family Ties

Fun fact: that was actually the creator Gary Goldberg's labrador, Ubu. 

I didn't notice Vision's body was disassembled. Can we see that screen cap? 

I think this will be the first episode I'll need to watch again.

Fortunately, I wasn't aware of Evan Peters showing-up. 

It was really neat but also terrible because I suppose it means we are going to have all the same X-Men actors.

By that I mean Hugh Jackman. Can we have a new Wolverine, already? Sheesh. 

8 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

I didn't notice Vision's body was disassembled. Can we see that screen cap? 

I think this will be the first episode I'll need to watch again.

Fortunately, I wasn't aware of Evan Peters showing-up. 

It was really neat but also terrible because I suppose it means we are going to have all the same X-Men actors.

By that I mean Hugh Jackman. Can we have a new Wolverine, already? Sheesh. 

Since Kevin Feige started his superhero producer journey with the X-Men films, he has noted how they have a special meaning to him. Which even recently he noted this. So maybe he leans toward seeing some of the modern actors carry over.

With Vision, yes. He looked to be disassembled on separate tables.

I think Marvel might use select actors from films outside the MCU but I doubt they keep everyone.

That or there is some giant multiverse movie concept that will have them all but eventually that reality will be reset and we will be able to have new actors in the roles of the various mutants.

I also wonder what that missile was that Hayward launched? Did she just stop it and bring the drone out? Or did something happen inside as a result that we didn’t get to see?

Interesting theory on how that Vision scene was influenced by a West Coast Avengers story.

IS VISION DEAD OR ALIVE IN WANDAVISION? 1 COMICS REFERENCE REVEALS THE TRUTH

This disassembled Vision is actually ripped straight from the comics. In West Coast Avengers Vol. 2 #43, Vision is kidnapped and brought to a Vigilance base, where he is taken apart and put on a table in nearly exactly the same layout. However, that situation was different. While he was disassembled, he was very much still alive.

Alive enough, in fact, to piece himself together and fight the very Avengers who were trying to save him. Vigilance wiped his memory, so he fought against Janet Van Dyne, Hawkeye, and Wonder Man. Only one of Vigilance's neutralizers (previously used to capture Vision) worked to subdue him.

WCA.jpeg.98d4365c8fb4ff69c96d19704931fe98.jpeg

The other big difference between the two situations is purely practical — Vision doesn't have the Mind Stone anymore, and it's hard to have Vision without that stone — despite Shuri's best efforts in Infinity War. Even if by some miracle Wanda was able to bring him back outside the Hex, if the story follows the comic, he wouldn't be able to remember her, or their two twin boys.

Episode 5 of WandaVision was all about grief. We can't bring back the dead, even if we warp reality using corpses or do a last-minute recast of a "long lost bro." Just as Billy and Tommy needed to let go of Sparky and move on, Wanda needs to realize Vision isn't Vision anymore, he's just some parts on a table. While her powers may be able to bring him back, it's just a temporary fix for the grief she will eventually need to face.

People are claiming that in the image below Quicksilver's hand is red in the mirror behind Wanda.  I froze that same image in the Disney Plus stream and it looks exactly like we see in this image, but I can't tell myself.  Can anyone else see red?  His hand definitely looks darker than it should, but I can't see red specifically.

If he is Mephisto in disguise, the idea would be that at the exact moment Vision is trying to convince Wanda that everything she's doing in Westview is wrong, Pietro shows up--so this is Mephisto showing up to talk some counter-sense into Wanda.  I found him calling Vision a popsicle bizarre after a first watch because it's not any comparison I ever would have made to him, but considering the possibility that this is Mephisto the comparison may not just mean Vision's bright, colorful appearance being similar to a fruit-flavored popsicle, but also he's a popsicle as in a cold, dead corpse as a reminder to Wanda that Mephisto is the reason Vision is alive at all.

I suggest people re-watch this scene and pay close attention to Wanda's reaction.  She immediately knows this is not her brother, and at NO point does she seem happy to see him because she knows it's someone else who can change their appearance to look vaguely similar to her brother.  After a second or two I suspect she knows exactly who this is and why they're there, and she's scared the entire scene of the reason for his presence.

Ete5pI2VcAAI8oC?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by fantastic_four

18 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

People are claiming that in the image below Quicksilver's hand is red in the mirror behind Wanda.  I froze that same image in the Disney Plus stream and it looks exactly like we see in this image, but I can't tell myself.  Can anyone else see red?  His hand definitely looks darker than it should, but I can't see red specifically.

If he is Mephisto in disguise, the idea would be that at the exact moment Vision is trying to convince Wanda that everything she's doing in Westview is wrong, Pietro shows up--so this is Mephisto showing up to talk some counter-sense into Wanda.  I found him calling Vision a popsicle bizarre after a first watch because it's not any comparison I ever would have made to him, but considering the possibility that this is Mephisto the comparison may not just mean Vision's bright, colorful appearance being similar to a fruit-flavored popsicle, but also he's a popsicle as in a cold, dead corpse as a reminder to Wanda that Mephisto is the reason Vision is alive at all.

I suggest people re-watch this scene and pay close attention to Wanda's reaction.  She immediately knows this is not her brother, and at NO point does she seem happy to see him because she knows it's someone else who can change their appearance to look vaguely similar to her brother.  After a second or two I suspect she knows exactly who this is and why they're there, and she's scared the entire scene of the reason for his presence.

At this point we can read so much into scenes to convince ourselves of something, reality doesn't set in until the reveal comes about.

But unfortunately having read some of the rumors that were all over social media a month ago about this Pietro and where this is going...

Spoiler

...you are most probably right as studio insiders kept bringing up they were reassured this is Mephisto using a different image of Pietro to mess with her mind. Which is weird to begin with as why would he show up in a different Pietro form versus the Aaron Taylor-Johnson version other than the actor didn't have room in his schedule to return? So Feige had to go with the next best thing - his newly acquired X-Men franchise.

Some articles are also saying this sets up the Multiverse even further for Doctor Strange 2 and Spider-Man 3.

Edited by Bosco685

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Possible Multiverse prequel leading into a few other films playing out the cross-worlds reveal?

Yes, probably but you didn't laugh at my joke.

3 minutes ago, TupennyConan said:

Yes, probably but you didn't laugh at my joke.

You didn't tell me I was your favorite boardie of the moment for posting that Vision disassembled picture. So there!

tumblr_nc26hk1ej61s2wio8o1_500.gif.e3ef002349343dc9a71be0977169887b.gif

:baiting:

38 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I don't know, to me it just looks like his hand is in a shadow.  Much like Wanda's hand in the reflection in the mirror is hidden.

I took that scene to mean that she realizes this is "a" Pietro, but not "her" Pietro.

26 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I took that scene to mean that she realizes this is "a" Pietro, but not "her" Pietro.

If this Pietro is from a parallel universe pulled into the MCU, how would she know it was that Pietro at all AND be shocked to see him?  It should be one or the other--either she knows it's a parallel Pietro and isn't surprised at all, or she has no idea how this alternate version of her brother is here.  Let's say it's the latter possibility since that's the one which explains her shock.  Why is Pietro completely nonplussed at meeting his parallel-universe sister?  His entire demeanor is confident and familiar.  The contrast in their emotions suggest this isn't a first meeting of brother and sister from alternate realities.

Also, if this is the Fox Pietro, why did he show up specifically to interrupt Vision from urging Wanda to release what he believes to be her grip on Westview?  When the doorbell rings, the timing of it being EXACTLY the moment Vision is urging her to release the town is so convenient that even Vision thinks Wanda intentionally caused the interruption, and she has to assure him that no, I did not ring that doorbell.

I can't explain the scene with that being the real Fox Quicksilver, but I can if we assume this is Mephisto taunting and/or threatening her with an alternate Quicksilver.

Edited by fantastic_four

16 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I don't know, to me it just looks like his hand is in a shadow.  Much like Wanda's hand in the reflection in the mirror is hidden.

Rewatched that scene three times now and there is there is just a very quick flash of something red. It's the door glass.

doorglass.PNG.c05d33ab7f8f1e736cbac3cc9dce2550.PNG

But if we are going to analyze scenes like that, what about the table statue tiger that pops up a few times in this episode?

tiger.PNG.7fbf17aebabe3e4951041ced72c205e6.PNG

Heck, The Vulture has a running article where it even has started digging into the credit names that scroll on the screen and caught something.

All the WandaVision Marvel References You Might Have Missed

Abe Brown

The credits of the show within a show include the name Abe Brown as director. That name should be a little familiar for both comic and movie fans. In the books, it’s the original name of a character named Black Tiger, but he’s also been in the MCU in a different form as a classmate of Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Homecoming, played by Abraham Attah. He survived the snap in that movie, so he’s maybe old enough to have become a TV director for S.W.O.R.D.? There have been rumors of major MCU characters other than Wanda and Vision popping up on this show, but this is a connection no one could have predicted.

wandavision_Abe.jpg.a312e70aa981ddaa348535cf89e96f7a.jpg

So could the tiger appearing in a few Episode 5 scenes be a hint of another character coming?? :ohnoez: