• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

skrulls.jpg.5e18c31c87badab680b6b17753a25ad9.jpg

Blink and you’ll miss that someone, probably Woo, wrote “Skrulls” on the lower-left corner of the white board tracking the operation trying to figure out exactly what’s happening in Westview. Of course, the Skrulls were behind the drama in Captain Marvel and are a natural suspect with anything related to false realities, given their tendency to shape-shift and cause trouble.

I missed this. That's a good catch about 'Skrulls' on the whiteboard. @fantastic_four I'm very disappointed. How'd you miss this? :baiting:

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Rewatched that scene three times now and there is there is just a very quick flash of something red. It's the door glass.

doorglass.PNG.c05d33ab7f8f1e736cbac3cc9dce2550.PNG

But if we are going to analyze scenes like that, what about the table statue tiger that pops up a few times in this episode?

tiger.PNG.7fbf17aebabe3e4951041ced72c205e6.PNG

Heck, The Vulture has a running article where it even has started digging into the credit names that scroll on the screen and caught something.

All the WandaVision Marvel References You Might Have Missed

So could the tiger appearing in a few Episode 5 scenes be a hint of another character coming?? :ohnoez:

I figured there must be something buried in those credits although I didn’t recognize any 

1 minute ago, bentbryan said:

I figured there must be something buried in those credits although I didn’t recognize any 

That article even researched some of the numbers used (someone brought up the house address previously) and some of the links with Avengers comic book numbers are interesting.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Rewatched that scene three times now and there is there is just a very quick flash of something red. It's the door glass.

Yea I can't see compelling visual evidence of Mephisto.  But the scene seemed bizarre in multiple ways until I heard the suggestion that Pietro could be Mephisto--or someone else, even, that is capable of altering their appearance--and that explained everything that didn't make sense.

What I still can't make sense of under the idea of Wanda's accomplice being Mephisto is all of the HYDRA stuff.  Why would there be a relationship between HYDRA and Mephisto?

I don't think I've ever read a Marvel comic with Mephisto, so I had to review his list of powers:

• Superhuman strength
  • Shape and size shifting
  • Illusion projection
  • Memory manipulation
  • Altering time
  • Highly resistant to injury
  • Changing the structure of reality in his own dimension, but not other dimensions (such as ours)
  • His power derives from collecting souls, but the soul must be given of its own free will, usually via some sort of pact

Every moment I couldn't explain how Wanda could have done something is covered in that list of powers.  The boss choking without Wanda moving her hands and time reversing when Wanda sees the beekeeper are examples.  I mentioned earlier that she seemed to possess the powers of the Mind, Time, and Reality Infinity stones, but Mephisto can apparently achieve the same effect of the Time stone, and what appears to be reality manipulation could just be illusions projected by Mephisto.

If we assume Wanda and Mephisto have made some sort of pact, what's the pact?  We know what Wanda might be getting--Vision, although how Mephisto could possibly reconstruct Vision's mind if we limit his powers to the list above from the comics is an open question I'll come back to.  What Mephisto could be getting are the souls of everyone in Eastview.  How?  They're not willingly going to give themselves up--unless, perhaps, Wanda's ability to manipulate the human mind counts as freely giving themselves over to Mephisto.  I have no idea if that counts for his requirement to collect souls, but it might.  So since Mephisto can't alter reality in our dimension, he enlisted Wanda to do it for him and to hex the residents of the town into giving themselves over to him in the same way she demonstrated that ability in Age of Ultron, with the main example being how she altered the Hulk's free will to serve her own ends.

So how did Mephisto revive Vision?  Here's my guess--he didn't.  He lied to Wanda about being able to revive Vision, and the Vision she's seeing is a complete illusion being projected by Mephisto--or the animated corpse of Vision being bandied about.  Since Mephisto doesn't need Vision's corpse to create an illusion of Vision he may or may not be moving the corpse around under the illusion--maybe he is, maybe he isn't, I guess we'll see.  None of the powers in that list suggest he can move objects around so easily, so my guess is Vision is 100% illusion, and he had Wanda fetch the corpse just to reinforce his lie that he could reconstruct his android mind.

Edited by fantastic_four

That Mephisto hypothesis leaves multiple items to be explained:

• Why is Agatha Harkness there?
    • While I'm not sure, it seems clear that Mephisto knows she's there.
  • What's the agenda of the SWORD director in killing Wanda?
    • (not sure)
  • Who is Woo's witness?
    • (not sure)
  • Who is Dottie?
    • My guess is she's Mephisto.
  • Why is Mephisto broadcasting Wandavision?
    • My guess is to draw more souls into the town for him to eventually collect.
  • Why does Wandavision have so many references to HYDRA?
    • Wanda was in HYDRA for most of her life, so this is Mephisto taunting Wanda in ways only she would understand to remind her of their pact.

All I know is can we petition Disney+ to cut the end credits down for The Mandalorian and WandaVision? Recognizing half their staff and in every language they can squeeze in is quite an accomplishment. But maybe limit it just a tad. (:

Vision_Credits.thumb.PNG.b1cac2f3e9e388cafc1206c201d79edb.PNG

Not that I don't appreciate every region across the world getting credit.

19 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

So how did Mephisto revive Vision?  Here's my guess--he didn't.  He lied to Wanda about being able to revive Vision, and the Vision she's seeing is a complete illusion being projected by Mephisto--or the animated corpse of Vision being bandied about.  Since Mephisto doesn't need Vision's corpse to create an illusion of Vision he may or may not be moving the corpse around under the illusion--maybe he is, maybe he isn't, I guess we'll see.  None of the powers in that list suggest he can move objects around so easily, so my guess is Vision is 100% illusion, and he had Wanda fetch the corpse just to reinforce his lie that he could reconstruct his android mind.

Actually this can't be right.  Mephisto wouldn't have had a hypothetical Vision illusion urge Wanda to release the town or do any of the other things we've seen him do apart from Wanda.  He does seem to have free will and independent sapience, so he's either Vision or some other living life form with a Vision illusion over him.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

All I know is can we petition Disney+ to cut the end credits down for The Mandalorian and WandaVision? Recognizing half their staff and in every language they can squeeze in is quite an accomplishment. But maybe limit it just a tad. (:

Vision_Credits.thumb.PNG.b1cac2f3e9e388cafc1206c201d79edb.PNG

Not that I don't appreciate every region across the world getting credit.

Yes, but if you 'anagram' several of the names of the Italian voice overs, you come up with 'Buccaneers by 7 in the Negative Zone' :roflmao:

Well whoever or whatever the "hidden" baddie turns out to be, I'm enjoying this show like crazy.  I cannot wait until the next episode.  Between "The Mandalorian" and "WandaVision" Disney is killing it!  I hope the other shows they have coming up are as quality as these 2 have been.

2 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Well whoever or whatever the "hidden" baddie turns out to be, I'm enjoying this show like crazy.  I cannot wait until the next episode.  Between "The Mandalorian" and "WandaVision" Disney is killing it!  I hope the other shows they have coming up are as quality as these 2 have been.

It's a good time to be a Marvel fan.  If you think of the shows coming up (What If, Falcon/Winter Soldier), and then the tons of story arcs from the books growing up - PUMPED! 

4 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Perhaps this show is Wanda's "imprisonment" and her eventual escape and that we only learn why she acted the way she did but not necessarily meet the force behind it. She somehow rips open the multiverse, or was placed where it was ripped open by someone else, and goes a bit batty as a result. Wandavision shows what happened to her but at the end we only have vague understanding of how and why. We learn the minions but only glimpse the larger baddie. Which leads into multiverse of madness where we really learn who is out there.

IT IS ALL GUESSWORK!

14 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

It's a good time to be a Marvel fan.  If you think of the shows coming up (What If, Falcon/Winter Soldier), and then the tons of story arcs from the books growing up - PUMPED! 

To be honest of all the shows Marvel had on the docket the Falcon and the Winter Soldier was what I had penciled in as priority , after the initial 2 episodes of WandaVison passed - I’ve enjoyed the latter 3 immensely .

Spoiler

I think the “recast” of using Evan Peters opens up a lot of options ... also - who was behind the death of the dog ?

1.) Feige will cherry pick the x-men actors/actresses he likes, but not feel obligated to do an "all or nothing" approach of adopting the legacy cast. Historically he does what he likes, and doesn't let artificial constraints steer him...and finds a way to make them work! I still reflect in awe how they transitioned from Terrence Howard to Don Cheadle. That 4th wall(ish) moment was brilliant...

2.) Everyone here is talking about how much they like the show and can barely wait for the next episode(s)... My mind goes to, just image the cliff-hanger they are going to drop on us on the last episode, and then waiting for the next season...ooooo that's gonna sting.

34 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Went back to check Episode 4 when Woo is writing on the whiteboard.

Woo_Skrulls.thumb.PNG.2dc363dfbc2c47c9371358e53224da3b.PNG

It does note 'Skrulls?' as one of is theories. Interesting.

Everybody keeps saying "The Skrulls are coming!" because of the upcoming Disney+ Secret Invasion. Well they already came to 1995 Earth in the MCU where they became our friends and turned out were the victims of the cruel Kree Empire. Skrulls were still friends of Earth and Nick Fury 30 years later in Spiderman Far From Home. It seems it would be going backwards to set up the shape shifting aliens as bad guys at the start of Captain Marvel, then twist that they're good guys, only to twist again that they're bad. In two MCU movies so far, Skrulls are friends, not foes.

I say in the Disney+ Secret Invasion, especially as Talos teams with Nick Fury again, the Skrulls are still our friends and the Invasion will come from another alien race, maybe the Kree or maybe something even more sinister like the Deviant Skrull offshoot Dire Wraiths, though they'd have to be called something else since Hasbro owns the name Dire Wraiths. In this way, the show could connect to Eternals.

I suspect this newer version of Secret Invasion will be more like the recent mini-series Meet the Skrulls or the crossover event Empyre where Kree and Skrulls united with Earth to fight another alien race. The show could also be where we meet Hulkling as we seem to be meeting all the Young Avengers in these Phase Four Disney+ shows. Just a theory.

I think for sure the Vision we're seeing is THE Vision. An illusion or manifestation of Mephisto wouldn't mind zap Norm out of his trance or argue with Wanda about the reality in Westview. It's all real. Also, when Norm says "she's in my mind," who's to say he's talking about Wanda? It could be Dottie (aka Arcanna or minion of Mephisto) or someone else. Agnes does seem to be a victim herself.

I'm holding out hope that it's not all Wanda (as she says) and giving her the benefit of the doubt since she's an Avenger.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

random thoughts

having 3 witches with wanda, dottie/arcanna and agatha does seem odd (IF indeed agnes is agatha...we are all going on preshow chatter about Mephisto and Agatha Harkness but neither could actually be in the show)

more and more Captain Marvel related stuff here, is that just the writer's current mindset or is it story related?

who is Woo's CI? It has to be someone we have met in the show so far, doesn't it? My guess is Agnes. Don't ask me how or why.