• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

wandavision-stan-lee-easter-egg-birthdate-1257455.thumb.jpeg.da5922cde7a6a3331c908d679cfa4016.jpeg

In the U.S., 12/28/22 is the abbreviated form of December 28, 1922 -- which is the birthdate of Stan Lee. Lee and longtime collaborator Jack Kirby are credited with the creation of Scarlet Witch and her brother Quicksilver, who first appeared in 1964's X-Men #4. The Vision, Wanda's co-lead in the series, was created by Roy Thomas and John Buscema years later in an issue of The Avengers.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I had heard about that... so when you see a bunch of people watching his first appearance for $5.75 and no one else pulls the trigger... 

You say, 'whatever' and ruin everyone else's day.   It arrived yesterday.

IMG_1970.jpeg

Good deal regardless of spec I think I paid $7 for mine...I'd be buying basically any mystical character at this point I think they're all gonna show up in Doctor Strange 2.

WandaVision fans crashed Disney+ went Episode 7 went live. Reports indicate that problem reports for Disney+ service surged around 2 a.m. on Friday, February 19th - the exact same time that WandaVision's new episode dropped. Further reporting and social media reactions indicate that Disney+ was down for about 10 minutes of time for some subscribers; UK users also reported outages. If nothing else, the brief spike speaks to the excitement that WandaVision has built up over the course of its season; with just three episodes left, the big answers are starting to be revealed, and fans are clearly racing to get them ASAP.

This isn't the first time that WandaVision has broken Disney+: Episode 5 of the series also caused outages, after word of X-Men movie star Evan Peters showing up as Quicksilver quickly went viral online. Now WandaVision Episode 7 ends with a big villain reveal cliffhanger, which is also going viral online.

"Breaking the Fourth Wall" picks up from the big cliffhanger of WandaVision episode 6, "All-New Halloween Spooktacular." Wanda lashed out at SWORD in order to save Vision from a real-world death, exponentially expanding her Hex Bubble reality. No surprise then that Marvel fans are scrambling to find out what the fallout from Wanda's potentially game-changing redesign of the Marvel Cinematic Universe looks like.

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

What happened to the notion of longer, almost hour long episodes?  So the reveal is Agatha and most likely "whoever" her husband we never see is.  The boys are trapped in a magic book?  They took this from Avengers West Coast 51-52.

I had heard it from Kevin Smith quoting Feige as saying the last few episodes were an hour long.  He was assuming "few" might mean the last three, but it may mean the last two.

1 hour ago, AJLewandoski said:

Alright here's my conspiracy theory for this episodes contents, and boy is it a long one.

So if we're going with Agatha as the villain, her motives are what?  Follow me down the rabbit hole if you will...Her rabbits name is Señor Scratchy....

And "Ol' Scratch" and "Mr. Scratch" are nicknames for the Devil.

mephisto rabbit.jpg

Edited by jcjames

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I had heard about that... so when you see a bunch of people watching his first appearance for $5.75 and no one else pulls the trigger... 

You say, 'whatever' and ruin everyone else's day.   It arrived yesterday.

IMG_1970.jpeg

Good price.

I pulled this one from a LCS two weeks ago for $8 (thumbsu

20210219_105312-1.jpg

14 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Was that book the Darkhold?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no. They used the Darkhold in Agents of Shield when they introduced Ghost Rider, and it came back into play in Runaways last season when they fought Morgan Le Fay, so Feige is probably gonna shy away from using it. In those shows it had an ambigram of the word darkhold on the cover so it looked totally different.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I know nothing about Chthon (it's pronounced key-thon from what I can find).  His power set and comic ties seem to fit what we've seen upon initial review, but matching him back to the last seven episodes is a daunting task.  :eek:  Either way there are so many ties it's clear the screenwriters are sending us delving into the comics source material to an extent most of us lack the time or interest to pursue.  :ohnoez:

2 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

I have a different theory that I don't entirely believe, but which I am talking myself into pretty quickly. 

Let's set aside all the Mephisto and HE and Chthon stuff. There's another big bad who makes a lot of sense for other reasons I don't think (?) anyone here has touched on. 

Reveal hidden contents

Immortus.

Now, the knock against this theory is that this doesn't feel like his style. That's why I'm having a hard time putting things together. 

However...

I know nobody else has ever read West Coast Avengers, but it occurred to me that at the end of the Dark Wanda storyline in WCA, the ultimate bad guy manipulating Wanda wasn't Mephisto (despite his involvement with the fake children) and wasn't Magneto (despite him also getting involved with his daughter).

It was Immortus

314573297_clean(1).thumb.jpg.27ee63b0a6b8566aa71f4cebdbf73adc.jpg

Why?

Well, in WCA #61, its revealed that Wanda is a Nexus Being - a person who exists in every possible reality. Through her, Immortus believes he can control the timelines of all realities in the multiverse simultaneously. 

Yeah, Nexus being. Remember that Nexus commercial in this episode?

Here's the most relevant page:

2125130225_RCO018_w_1578462744(2).thumb.jpg.40c5cdf97eff490eb70b3367070eb313.jpg

Oh, and note who it is that saves Wanda from Immortus.

It's Agatha Harkness.

So we've got Agatha Harkness, we've got Dark Wanda and her fake children, we've got the Multiverse of Madness, and we've got the Nexus. We also have strong rumors that Kang the Conqueror is going to be the big bad of Phase 5.

Plus, there's one more thing.

At the end of the next issue, the Time Keepers show up to put things right. They are (sort of...) the head dudes at the Time Variance Authority, and they seem to have already been teased in the trailers for Loki. 

Honestly the stuff in the show does not feel like Immortus to me at all, however I wonder if we're going to get a triple reveal - maybe some point down the line - like we did in the comics, where it seemed like Wanda was being manipulated by this villain, and then that villain, and eventually it turned out Immortus was pulling everyone's strings the whole time. 

Immortus's ties to Wanda, Harkness, and particularly the multiverse do seem to match enough elements to potentially be involved.  But as you noted he doesn't have the power or usual motive to do everything we've seen, so if he's a part of the story it must be either somewhat peripheral or as the puppet-master as you note.

Edited by fantastic_four

34 minutes ago, greggy said:

Are we going to see Bova in the series now? :p

They easter egged it in the opener to episode 2 shown below, but the walking, talking cow shown in the second pic below being introduced does seem unlikely.  :insane:

wvs_EhCIo0y.jpg       bova-scarlet-witch.jpg

26 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

They easter egged it in the opener to episode 2 shown below, but the walking, talking cow shown in the second pic below being introduced does seem unlikely.  :insane:

wvs_EhCIo0y.jpg       bova-scarlet-witch.jpg

I think it's a lot more likely we'll see Bova and the High Evolutionary in Guardians 3. They'll probably tie them into Rockets backstory and the creation of Halfworld or Counter Earth and some dealings with Adam Warlock.

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

And "Ol' Scratch" and "Mr. Scratch" are nicknames for the Devil.

mephisto rabbit.jpg

Didn't Agatha Harkness have a son named Nicholas Scratch who was an FF villain....first appeared in FF #185???

And copies will disappear from ebay in 3....2....1....

I will add that I agree Agatha being the big baddie is a far departure...and I wonder if the leverage Mephisto has has something to do with her son. Hence why he is using her to get the twins for whatever reason. 

Edited by comicginger1789